Barbie's Last Dance in Ibiza.....??

yeah and lovely to meet you and the gang, look forward to partying with you again !! We were probably 10 feet away then, just to the right of the dJ box with James and his mates, Greg, stu hirst and the rest.

The lovely Louisa, how could i forget. I met sooo many new peeps this trip, and with my hearing problem. (hence calling Tamsyn Toby :confused: and thinking Toni was Scottish :spank:, it was difficult) Did louisa get home ok, did she have a good time ?? And how was Smiley (killer Tracey off Corrie) get on ?? :lol:

:lol:

Yeah they all told me you got something wrong with everyones name lol
I think louisa got back ok, i'm guessing she'll be back again 8)

Oh, didnt realise you were so near us, shame we didnt spot you.

I think it's ironic with so many negative reviews of ibiza this year it was probably one of my best ones.

Great review Barbie. What I think will happen and you can already see it happening in places is that the daytime scene is going to go back underground. I got lots of flyers for upcoming raves at DC10 on Monday. there are still lots of partiers left on the Island and while you are right to say it is noticeably quiet during the day no matter where you go the clubs appear busier than ever at night.
for example EL Divino was closing last Saturday night (I am told fro the last time ever) but l and behold they have another party lined up for this week out of nowhere. El Divino was disgracefully busy last Saturday and to be honest after giving it good press before I wouldnt go back after that.

That is true.. after leaving cocoon closing and other nights (can't remember which ones) there were loads of people outside handing out flyers for after parties... don't know if they got shut down though..

I really hope in a year they will at least relax the laws a bit, maybe allowing day parties only on the weekends, or at least move them back until noon.

:lol:

Yeah they all told me you got something wrong with everyones name lol
I think louisa got back ok, i'm guessing she'll be back again 8)

Oh, didnt realise you were so near us, shame we didnt spot you.

I think it's ironic with so many negative reviews of ibiza this year it was probably one of my best ones.

:rolleyes: Was quite embarassing, the name thing, but they were cool (I think :confused:) !!

Yeah it would have been great to see you all again, Scottish Toni was very funny :lol:

And your right about all the Ibiza slagging, again i really had a good time, and most of the peeps i met did also. I think it depends on the person, alot of people will grow out of Ibiza, which is normal. Don't think i will for a while :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
nice review Barbs despite the down points

totally see your point on Bora Bora

2006 - my stag weekend, spent an afternoon there inbetween Space sessions and it was absolutely jumping - people on tables, the works

2007 - went with laura and another couple roughly same time on a Sunday - dead, quiet music and hardly anyone dancing!

nice review Barbs despite the down points

totally see your point on Bora Bora

2006 - my stag weekend, spent an afternoon there inbetween Space sessions and it was absolutely jumping - people on tables, the works

2007 - went with laura and another couple roughly same time on a Sunday - dead, quiet music and hardly anyone dancing!

Bora Bora to me was what Ibiza was all about - leaving Space after a carry on and dancing with wigs on with all the Manumission lot, people clambering for a space on the tables, the whole place going off........and now it's a bar next to the beach (I'd struggle to describe it as beach bar anymore cos you can't even dance on the beach :confused:) with music that's more miss than hit and the no-fun police in force :twisted:

Anyway one good thing that came out of it we found Ushuai as an alternative bar which I really enjoyed for drinks in PDB.

Bora Bora to me was what Ibiza was all about - leaving Space after a carry on and dancing with wigs on with all the Manumission lot, people clambering for a space on the tables, the whole place going off........and now it's a bar next to the beach (I'd struggle to describe it as beach bar anymore cos you can't even dance on the beach :confused:) with music that's more miss than hit and the no-fun police in force :twisted:

Anyway one good thing that came out of it we found Ushuai as an alternative bar which I really enjoyed for drinks in PDB.

BUT on the plus side - no table related injuries or slight concussion for getting on the plane this year eh??? :lol::lol::lol:

Great review Barbie, always good to read what you've got up to!

I've been going to ibiza as long and nearly as regularly as you, and totally agree that some places have changed beyond recognition, and its such a shame. I guess it's the nature of the scene though, all clubs have their hey-day and often fade into rubbishness... I just think of the terrace in space before the various 'extensions' or dc10 with no roof and am glad I was there and somehow can still remember it! Hopefully ibiza will evolve and develop rather than fade away. My mum used to go in the 60s to party with the hippies - it's always been a place for freedom, partying and positive energy, lets hope it stays that way.

After our trip in june we decided to give it a miss this september, and I have to say I am really missing the place now. For me it is still the very very best place to get away to and it has everything you could want to make an amazing holiday. I'll be back in June for sure... :D

:rolleyes: Was quite embarassing, the name thing, but they were cool (I think :confused:) !!

Yeah it would have been great to see you all again, Scottish Toni was very funny :lol:

And your right about all the Ibiza slagging, again i really had a good time, and most of the pees i met did also. I think it depends on the person, a lot of people will grow out of Ibiza, which is normal. Don't think i will for a while :lol:

Yeah, they're all cool with everything :lol: 8)

I'm with you about growing out of Ibiza. I've got a few years left before that happens to me ;)

Great review Barbie, always good to read what you've got up to!

I've been going to ibiza as long and nearly as regularly as you, and totally agree that some places have changed beyond recognition, and its such a shame. I guess it's the nature of the scene though, all clubs have their hey-day and often fade into rubbishness... I just think of the terrace in space before the various 'extensions' or dc10 with no roof and am glad I was there and somehow can still remember it! Hopefully ibiza will evolve and develop rather than fade away. My mum used to go in the 60s to party with the hippies - it's always been a place for freedom, partying and positive energy, lets hope it stays that way.

After our trip in june we decided to give it a miss this september, and I have to say I am really missing the place now. For me it is still the very very best place to get away to and it has everything you could want to make an amazing holiday. I'll be back in June for sure... :D

Yes I completely agree, as I said I think it's still an amazing place for clubbing, beaches, restaurants, the works......I just feel sad that a lot of that 'magic' has gone now :cry: Anyway like you said I'm sure come next summer I'll be gagging for a return :lol:

Nice review Sarah :)

I actually thought we had one of the most sensible conversations ever at the airport, who'd have known that a few hours before we were all in Space!

For me, this year was one if not my best ever holidays in Ibiza.
I can't quite put my finger on why because so much has changed on the island since i first went 4 years ago. What i do put it down to in the main though is the people I went with and mixed with when i was there. I have always thought that clubbing is a third about the music, a third about the venue and a third about the people you're there with. I now think it's actually more like 50% of whoo your there with 8)

It was great to meet up with some familiar faces Grego,Sarah,Tom,Morbyd,Meryl (hows Australia?) Mark Sun (Lights out!) and meet some new ones like Liam I will pass on your regards to Louisa!).

I won't do a long review of all that i went to but for me the summary was that it was "different" almost to the point of being in a different place!

Bora Bora had definitely been sanitised beyond belief with all the table dancing outside, wildness gone and full of police and security to make even the least paranoid person feel like they might have their collar felt at any time! That said i had a really great night there on Friday night, staying inside the pyramid until the end and dancing madly all night which the facebook pictures prove :eek:

San Antonio is not my sort of place as in the past it have been full of pissed up Chavs, however this year we had a really nice few hours chilling out at Coastline in what is a much nice backdrop than PDB. Wish we'd eaten there as it looked really nice.

Cream was great as ever, for me the best music (I like trance more that the Lawler esq stuff anyway) Not as busy as the closing i went to a few years ago but that's no bad thing as at least there was space to move about.

PFI at Amnesia i really struggled to get into as I went expecting it to be bouncy house, SOS style but instead both rooms played almost the same hard techy stuff that is far from uplifting good at getting you into the mood. It got better later though and actually the last 2 or 3 hours i really enjoyed.

Space on Sunday was a great example of how ibiza has changed.The sunset terrace no longer has any sky visible anywhere and even the thin canopy of cloth that used to be there seemed to be about 5 times as thick as it ever was. What i don't understand is why this has to be the case? Either you have an outside area with music allowed at restricted time and let it be as open to the elements and more importantly cooling breeze as possible or you just have done with it and put a permanent roof over it?
The music was excellent on the terrace all night, JU and Alfredo played some brilliant tracks.Next question though - why didn't any of those tunes (or others) feature inside? It's obviously not cool for big DJ's like Lawler to play anything remotely recognisable:confused: Lawler was better than the last minimal set he played but miles away from the fantastic Harlem night at the End that he used to play.
Zabiela and Fanculli played a great back to back set inside, it was nice to see them really enjoying themselves jumping up and down just like we all were!8)

Having planned to stay until midnight and actually leaving at 5.30 seemed a terrible mistake but actually i think it's the way to go in the future as there is non of that wandering aimlessly round the airport with a tear in your eye! :rolleyes:

So......al in all good, except this awful cold I currently have:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Sun (Lights out!) and meet some new ones like Liam I will pass on your regards to Louisa!).

PFI at Amnesia...... It got better later though and actually the last 2 or 3 hours i really enjoyed.

Space on Sunday .........
The music was excellent on the terrace all night, JU and Alfredo played some brilliant tracks........
..........Zabiela and Fanculli played a great back to back set inside, it was nice to see them really enjoying themselves jumping up and down just like we all were!8)

Re. Mark Lights out :lol:

Was great meeting you Ed, and the gang !! Like you said the peeps realy do make a trip I think, and i met some lovely people this time !!! :lol: 8)

As for PFI@Amnesia, again really enjoyed the inside with you guys for the last 3 hours !! How's Scottich Toni :spank: :lol:

And Zabiela and Fancciulli were the highlight, and a perfect end to the weekend !!

Will try take a look at your Bora Bora pics now ;)

copperband - you make a good point there about the sunset terrace. that was probably the only thing i was dissapointed about at space this year. bora bora on the other hand. having never experienced it at its 'peak' i dont realy have anything to compare it with, which in a way is not a bad thing. however, it did feel a little bit flat during the afternoon, a cheer went up at 4.30 when the music kicked in and it was quite busy, but still devoid of any real atmosphere. we popped back at around 10 and it was certainly more lively then. im guessing the alchohol and other substances had started to kick in by then.

Back