Barack Obama

Back on topic (yes, I'm excited!), just read this in an article about international reaction to Obama's nomination:

The Times of London, which proclaimed in a headline that "Obama waits on the threshold of history," said in an editorial that Obama's campaign "has rekindled America's faith in its prodigious powers of reinvention—and the world's admiration for America."

Put a smile on my face :D

At the risk of doing too many Jonny69-style cut&paste jobs, I'm loving the reactions from people around the world to Obama's nomination. This from today's Washington Post:

"The primaries showed that the U.S. is actually the nation we had believed it to be, a place that is open-minded enough to have a woman or an African American as its president," said Minoru Morita, a Tokyo political analyst.
"Obama is the exciting image of what we always hoped America was," said Robin Niblett, director of Chatham House, a British foreign policy institute. "We have immensely enjoyed the ride and can't wait for the next phase."

i loved his dig at Bush's use of religion/patriotism as a tool to govern (or whatever he said) 8)

are your lot waking up smelling the coffee this year or what? :lol:

Back on topic (yes, I'm excited!), just read this in an article about international reaction to Obama's nomination:

The Times of London, which proclaimed in a headline that "Obama waits on the threshold of history," said in an editorial that Obama's campaign "has rekindled America's faith in its prodigious powers of reinvention—and the world's admiration for America."

Put a smile on my face :D

Am I the only person who is thinking scary thoughts about what "could" happen to Mr Obama if the "wrong" person turned up at one of his rallies in the run up to November..

.... or have I watched too many conspiracy theory progs??? ;););););)

Am I the only person who is thinking scary thoughts about what "could" happen to Mr Obama if the "wrong" person turned up at one of his rallies in the run up to November..

.... or have I watched too many conspiracy theory progs??? ;););););)
Legitimate concern! And guaranteed trouble if something happens to him... :confused:

Back