Bank Holiday Rundowns

puppylover said:
So I missed 2 Spotlighters in one place on Thu? Ferd and Robo.. :eek: This is getting silly now - must take note of photos of members on the board and check out before heading out.... :lol:

:lol:
I was going to PM you on thursday during the day, but i guessed you wouldnt have been working on thursday. Maybe next time! :D

Had a lovely weekend ... had a special friend round to play the patio on Sunday before he headed off to DJ elsewhere; (not name dropping tho!) was nice to catch up and feel involved in the scene again ! Other than that, fairly quiet ... peaceful ... restful, and stuffed full of chocolate !

Glad everyone else had a good one !

Thursday. I had planned to go out but wasn't to sure where i was going to gop or end up. Meet my mate in the city for a few beers first, then headed to a pub in farringdon. By that stage it was either The cross or heaven. We decided for the cross.

We got there for early doors so we would be garanteed entry. Shame about dj gee not turning up but tall paul played a blinder. Arch 3 was banging out all the classics from jungle brothers to tori amos - professional widow. Meet ferds mate in the middle of arch 1 who then lead us to ferd. great to meet you mate. Danced in the little garden for a while then went back inside from 4 onwards to "ave it" Good tunes all night long. As we were leaving at 6 am we ventured into arch 2 were the dj was finishing on depeche mode - i feel love (is it??) Wierd experience. Everybody was monging out in the middle of the dancefloor. Cracking track to finish on.

One of the highlights of the night was seeing my mate take a sniff of some poppers and watching his reaction. Then i stupidly deciding that it was a perfectly good idea at the time to have a few sniffs myself. Lets just say from then on in the night was even more fun.

Tried to find an afterparty but no-where was open :twisted: so reluctantly had to go home.

Friday i chickened out of turnmills. Didn't want to see any of the djs anyway.

Saturday Damo's brother b-day.

Sunday - Morillo at MOS. Good night all in all. Wasn't to sure what he was gonna play. I thought he played a good set but for the majority of the night it was all very samey. toughier edge of house. Loved the acid house stuff. But i loved it about 6 am when he started dropping all the classics.

Stayed on the decks till 8 am, and finished with Big love. Nobody wanted to leave. When the lights came one everyone was still bopping away to big love. Really wierd moment.

good weekend.

Roll on next weekend for lay and bushwacka at the end.

:D

Thurs- Cant remember?
Friday/Sat- Didnt go out till 3am sat morning after party, flat party, shopping, came home, showered went to see Dave Clarke and Rush bang it out.
House party after- left early as completely KNACKERED

Sunday- Derrick Carter, Xpress2, Pete Gooding, Nils Noa. Then a few parties till 8am tuesday morning, Got home missing the early morning rush hour traffic :) Just got up before. My body is feeling the pain

silvia said:
and a Armani Coat :oops:
Jose Mourinho wears an Armani coat :lol:

Welcome back, Sil... you were missed. Glad you had a good time in the Big Apple.

Re: Delta airlines. It was a nightmare flying them home over Christmas. I'd rather take Aeroflot Russian Airlines than suffer through another long-haul on an American carrier.

Let me see..... weekend....
Well, there was no holiday here because Eastern/Russian Orthodox Easter isn't until late April. Actually, we don't get a day off for that either, since it's on a Sunday (same policy as in the US).

Friday - went for after-work beers with a couple of the guys, then out for more drinks with the journalists corps, then home and crashed out at 1:00. Weak night.

Saturday - after a productive day of sitting on my backside, gathered the strength to make it a 3-club night: Bar 30/7 -> First -> Osen. Nothing special about the evening other than having gotten sufficiently hammered and getting home at 7ish

Sunday - Drinking began at 2:00pm prior to taking in the Russian hockey Superleague semi-final game between Avangard (Omsk) and Dinamo (Moscow). I was pulling for Omsk and their star player Jaromir Jagr, and they won in a shootout. Since the NHL didn't play in the US this year, all the world's best hockey players are playing in the world's #2 league - Russia's. Hockey talk will be lost on you British. Post-game revelry involved mass beer and buffalo wing consumption.

Monday was a very hard morning.

Morbyd said:
silvia said:
and a Armani Coat :oops:
Jose Mourinho wears an Armani coat :lol:

Welcome back, Sil... you were missed. Glad you had a good time in the Big Apple.

Re: Delta airlines. It was a nightmare flying them home over Christmas. I'd rather take Aeroflot Russian Airlines than suffer through another long-haul on an American carrier.

Never said he is not an stylish man.... but just in a way ;) :lol: :lol:

spent most of the weekend chilling. our plan to go to Egg on Sunday morning went belly up when i had to work

went to Pacha London on Sunday eve. Pukka-Up it was called. pretty empty. the main room was hysterical, plenty of very young (underage) teenies who haven't heard that the whole bling ting is sooooooo passe (darling) ;) Cheesy music (hedkandi lite mostly).

my mate chris who goes by the unlikely dj name of, ahem, Solby (?) and some mates did the upstairs room. very nice too. I like that room, toilets and a bar in easy reach, comfy sofa/beds and some nice techy soundz. Much better crowd too ;)

On the whole though, for the price, Pacha in London is clearly a rubbish club. (sexy staff though)

russ said:
On the whole though, for the price, Pacha in London is clearly a rubbish club. (sexy staff though)

:( :( :( :cry: Haven't been in ages but it's really sad to hear that because during the opening month it was unbelievable.

Soooo many people are saying that nowadays - I wouldn't dare set foot in Hed Kandi.

Robder said:
:( :( :( :cry: Haven't been in ages but it's really sad to hear that because during the opening month it was unbelievable.

Soooo many people are saying that nowadays - I wouldn't dare set foot in Hed Kandi.

Don't do it Rob, you prob went when it first opened and Jo Mills was resident and they had some good guests, now it's a wkly rota of Hed Kinky Kandi Malinki :evil:

:oops: Guilty as charged. Thought I was in big trouble by that, having popped out for a couple of drinks at 7pm Fri, whilst the current and her mother (visiting from Holland) were travelling back from seeing friends in Southampton. Went, in the end, for the the 'might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb' option so... the full night went -

Fri - out at 7pm for a couple of drinks. Be home before the current and mum arrive back at midnight, won't I?. 11pm - ah, well - they'll go straight to bed when they get in so I can go clubbing, be in bed by 4ish and still look fairly fresh in the morning.

5am Sat morning :eek: - leaving Pacha - we'll pop down to Fire for an hour an be home and in before her mum get's up. Big queue there so down to the Colleuseum (sp?) for a while. Shit - it's now 6.30am and I've just remembere her mum's an early riser! Better stay out until she goes out and the coast is clear :lol:

9am - Maybe she's having a lie in - better stay out 'cos I'm :eek:. Pop down to Fire for a while.

Fire closes - who knows what the time is? We've picked up a bit of an entourage - perhaps I shouldn't wear my camp stripey jumper to such places :lol: , but at least my two footy mates have learnt that they are safe to go to them :lol: . Lead group of new pals to 'The Fringe' a short walk away - the word dive was invented for this place. The gang, including someone claiming to be Sony Music's head of A & R (I'm fairly sure he was), tough it out until it closes about 4pm, before us straights are convinced by 'the gays' that we must now sample somewhere on the pinker side of life - G.A.Y bar on Old Compton St. Later on we head to some other place, 'Friendly Society' or something?

Finally arrived home about midnight (I think?) - the logic being that current's mother would be firmly tucked up in bed. Oh no - she's still up!
Managed a quick hello and straight to bed, where the current delivered a glass of wine to me. Apparently her mum said of me that it's good that I relieve the pressure of work with the odd blow out! :lol:

The current plus mother current out for the day Sunday and took the latter to Liverpool St at 6am yesterday, so fully redeemed myself, although both assure no redemption was required.

Can't believe that my 'mother-in-law' was here for three days and I managed to go on a 29 hr bender and still come out smelling of roses! :lol: :D

As opposed to this Easter: toilet trained the toddler and bed before 11 every night!

Back