Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

Mylo. good question. Dunno. Dining out off those gloria estefan royalties probably. I wonder if he looks at Calvin Harris with some envy. He turned down the chance to sign him!

Like the sound of that, the other didn’t tickle my fancy.

It sounds like a playlist made by my dad, but I will probably give it a listen anyhow! The strange thing about music is it's potential for re-evaluation, and how a song you may have dismissed previously can work in a new context, either in a new physical space or between certain songs. Or you just get older and aren't so concerned with just liking what's "cool". :lol:

It sounds like a playlist made by my dad, but I will probably give it a listen anyhow! The strange thing about music is it's potential for re-evaluation, and how a song you may have dismissed previously can work in a new context, either in a new physical space or between certain songs. Or you just get older and aren't so concerned with just liking what's "cool". :lol:

:lol:

your Dad’s way cooler than mine. i was forcefed classical on R3 growing up...

basically, i’ve been clearing out thousands of files clogging up my laptop and had fun recording all these. not too many more to go.

sounds cliched but all that 70s/AOR stuff actually does sound pretty cool on remote American roads and there is a lot of overlap with the whole balearic thing because the music is dark/folky, evokes nature/landscapes and blends in well with slower electronic stuff.

*shout to AOR Disco, Steve Lee, DJ History, Michael Cook, Richard Norris, Lovefingers, Balearic Assassins of Love and everyone else who has championed this music for years

1BTN have got Rampling in for a 3 hr special next week - might be decent if he digs deep in the crates

Attachments

• DR.jpg
    DR.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 3
THis is probably a bad admission, but I'm listening to Smokers Delight for the first time ever. :eek: :spank: And, yes, I have heard of NOW before and been exposed to them in bits 'n' bobs.

(I'm assuming this album is Balearic.)

THis is probably a bad admission, but I'm listening to Smokers Delight for the first time ever. :eek: :spank: And, yes, I have heard of NOW before and been exposed to them in bits 'n' bobs.

(I'm assuming this album is Balearic.)

Yeah, kind of. For me depends on the track really.

George obv is part of the ibz family now and gets the spirit, but i think his music is more for afternoon idling at the chiringuito than the sunset, if that makes sense?!

Yeah, kind of. For me depends on the track really.

George obv is part of the ibz family now and gets the spirit, but i think his music is more for afternoon idling at the chiringuito than the sunset, if that makes sense?!

The opening track was on an old Jose Padilla mix 6 Music were playing. Hence why i was inspired.. Only listened to about half the album last night, but definitely seems like 'one i missed'.

Can anyone tell me if HLT have a nightly roster like they did last year or is it fairly random? Tried looking around but couldn't see anything with specific nights.

Back