Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

I'm pretty sure this can slip into this category? Arrived yesterday from Discogs, i bought it purely for the March of the Swivelheads Remix.

R-499265-1382554486-7169.jpeg.jpg

Ole Smokey has been busy updating his collections, containing some of the best sunset driven edits you could possibly find on the web. Jaw-dropping beautiful 🌅

Ole Smokey has been busy updating his collections, containing some of the best sunset driven edits you could possibly find on the web. Jaw-dropping beautiful 🌅

yep. used to feature a lot on the excellent AOR Disco blog - sadly now mothballed or consigned to the cached cobwebs

Iconic cover as well, no secret where he got his inspiration from

1990 at its very best, as deep as they come

yep, an alltimer. I didn't know about it all until a DJ here Pau Roca put me on to it. Such an amazing record. A touch of the Larry Heard about it maybe?

Balearic Ensemble has a flawless track-record so far imo.

Not overdoing things and a steady output lately.

I already saw some of the recent releases come by in here and in the 2021 thread, but my personal favourite must be the first one.

Superb balearic edits by label boss Da Silva, originally released as 7" vinyl-only in 2017.

Looking forward to the sunny mushrooms EP they have planned later this year 🍄☀️

More on Archeo, the label which comes closest to my balearic sense.

They had some wonderful Toni/y Esposito reissues in the past years (he's sort of the label's mascotte?). Earlier today I came across this facebook message d.d. 26/01/2020:

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-16 om 00.03.55.png

So they had planned for two more reissues but these have been forestalled for some reason.

When clicking through you get to see some future releases which look very appealing, but... no Toni:

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-16 om 00.12.07.png

Not sure what happened.

Archeo even had the artwork in place:
Tony_Loudtone_FRONT.jpg

1642153328414.jpeg

With a bit of luck we'll hear more of it in the coming year.

Anyway... here are the original pieces to keep us warm until then:

Toni Esposito - Fiaba Moresca

Toni Esposito - Xantur

Toni Esposito - Danza Dei Bottoni

PS: happy 💯

edit: added the cover art on the Collosius Remix

Last edited:
Throwing in an all-time favorite for the 100th page celebration. Lush trumpet vibes, 2004 🎺

Any other recommendations that didn't make it into pages 1-99?

Back