Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

good call on John Beltran (used to listen to quite a lot of stuff off Delsin)

as for the beatles, not bad but I think I prefer the classic Nina Simone cover (FK remix)

here's something I had playing last night. Kenneth Bager and pals channelling their inner Ennio Morricone. Rather special, almost veering into filmscore territory until the beat eventually shuffles in

Just heard this beaut on JST’s latest mix

here's a spiritcatcher beast from many years back. the whole room would go nuts

Spirit Catcher live at Headway at the Rooms was a definite highlight, the whole place was going wild, people hanging off the sides of the walls, great memories, nearly didnt happen either as their airline misplaced all their gear.

had a nice chilled evening with the missus at La Caseta last night which is this makeshift bar who do BBQs in the woods on Montjuic hill literally overlooking the port. Ibiza original don Cesar de Melero played a belting new wavey/disco/balearo set, including the awesome Private Life which I always thought was a Grace Jones og but actually a Pretenders tune

Awesome full moon too which someone else with a better camera further down the coast captured here

in other news, Perm Vac have finally put Dolle Jolle out on bandcamp. It can't touch the og Jean Luc Ponty classic for me, but still sounded ace when JT dropped it at sunset a few years back at Salines - possibly my fave sunset moment ever

had a nice chilled evening with the missus at La Caseta last night which is this makeshift bar who do BBQs in the woods on Montjuic hill literally overlooking the port. Ibiza original don Cesar de Melero played a belting new wavey/disco/balearo set, including the awesome Private Life which I always thought was a Grace Jones og but actually a Pretenders tune

Awesome full moon too which someone else with a better camera further down the coast captured here

in other news, Perm Vac have finally put Dolle Jolle out on bandcamp. It can't touch the og Jean Luc Ponty classic for me, but still sounded ace when JT dropped it at sunset a few years back at Salines - possibly my fave sunset moment ever

What was the JLP original?

Back