Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

A gem off the new Cantoma album

Another project I do is Ambala for @musicfordreams . Recorded with @jonaskragmusic at his studio in Copenhagen, @kennethbagerofficial and I decided to dedicate it to DJ Sergio ( Geoff the tape man ) . He had brilliant taste in music , and was a fixture in the west end record shops in the late 80s to the mid 90s , and of course ibiza . Fond memories of @nickrapaccioli dimming the lights in atlas pretending to do the sunset when he walked in ?. Used to speak with Geoff every week , I can still hear his laugh now .

Wasn't so keen on that one, much as I love the original. A friend who's a Morrissey fan gave it the thumbs down too. Their covers are a bit hit and miss. This is my next favourite one so far!

I guess I liked Everyday..... because it's my favourite song of his, wouldn't go anywhere near these days though!
Hadn't heard of Mexrissey before tonight, so thanks.

Best thing about having a clear out is finding forgotten gems... The late Jason Molina's Songs Ohio * soul *... A weepy

tune in tomorrow afternoon 5pm (BST) - loads of tunes, waffle and middle-aged chat

As a “middle aged” man into tunes, waffle and chat I really enjoyed this. Especially in the current climate. Many strands lined up with my own experiences. The BAOL show has become essential listening for me. I’m discovering so much from it. Even more so now as my peaceful music listening / discovery time has been somewhat reduced due to the constant juggle of home schooling and work. So a show like BAOL that condenses new releases and a few classics into every show means I can cling on to what’s happening in one hit. Gracias.

As a “middle aged” man into tunes, waffle and chat I really enjoyed this. Especially in the current climate. Many strands lined up with my own experiences. The BAOL show has become essential listening for me. I’m discovering so much from it. Even more so now as my peaceful music listening / discovery time has been somewhat reduced due to the constant juggle of home schooling and work. So a show like BAOL that condenses new releases and a few classics into every show means I can cling on to what’s happening in one hit. Gracias.

Nice post Amigo! Thanks for listening. Hope you get to have a holiday soon

Here's one I did. A classics/anniversary number celebrating 1990, a BIG year that shaped me in so many ways (I recently wrote about it on the blog). Nothing too deep on here, a few bally classics, chart hits and a whole load of memories.

1990 No Alla Violenza

T/L:
Innocence – Natural Thing
Art of Noise - Art of Love (Youth mix)
Leftfield – Not Forgotten (Hard Hands dub)
Bassomatic – Fascinating Rhythm
Happy Mondays – Loose Fit (The Grid Loose Fix)
Lindy Layton/Beats International – Won’t talk about it
Snap – The Power
Coldjam – Last night a DJ saved my life
LUPO – Hell or Heaven
Jesus Loves You – After the Love
New Order – World in Motion (B Side)
Pet Shop Boys – Being Boring

Memories of 1990 (blog) >>

Back