Back for the 1st time in 4 years

BARTONIOUS

Well what can I say except WOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOW.

My 3rd time and the best I'd say; had the time of my ****in life. The music, the people and the banter was tremendous.

This is how I remember it:

Saturday 23rd September - We went to stay at mate's house in Edinburgh as our flight was at 6am so it made things easier. The plan was to get an early night but we ended up going out to the pub and only got a couple hours sleep before going to the airport.

Sunday 24th September - We got to Ibiza about 10am, hired a car (which in the end we didn't use at all except to get us back to the aiport!), then got to the hotel about 12pm and started drinking.

We got to the Bora Bora beach party about 7pm I think which was ace, first time I'd been, then got to Space at about 10:30pm I think.

First time I'd been on the new terrace and I thought it was amazing, the sound in there is the best I've heard anywhere, the bass is unreal, makes the Sub Club sound like a tinny piece of sh*t in comparison. Tiefschwarz were on and they were awesome but Danny Tenaglia played the best set I've ever heard, it was out of this world, better than Garnier in the Slam Tent '03 and that's saying something; just tune after tune for pretty much the duration of his 6 hour set. First DJ I've seen to use props during his set as well, nutjob! Saw Nic Fanciulli sometime inbetween who was good too.

Monday 25th September - Left Space about 5:30am and went back to the hotel, got to bed about 8am but couldn't sleep so went for breakfast then started drinking again. Went to see the sunset at Savannah then back to Bora Bora then we went to Circo Loco @ DC10 to see Richie Hawtin & Ricardo Villalobos. Was a bit too busy but I enjoyed it, left just before the end at 11.30pm and went back to the hotel for a bit.

We then went to a club called Plastik in the Westend which was hilarious then to the Circo Loco afterparty @ Priviledge at about 4am I think. The tunes were good inside and was busy, even though the capacity is 10,000! I ended up downing a few tequila slammers in the outside terrace and passed out for a couple of hours then woke up and went to the sunset terrace where the DC10 residents were playing some amazing tunes. Then at 9am who turns up but none other than Danny Tenaglia wearing the exact some clothes he'd had on at Space, legend!

Tuesday 26th September - Left Priviledge about 10.30am and went back to the hotel for some much needed sleep, about 12 hours to be exact.

That night some mates were DJing at the Orange Corner in San Antonio which was cool, then we went to Underground. Cool as funk club, it was like a massive house party and the tunes were ace, it was Tribal Sessions resident Iain Taylor playing amongst others.

Wednesday 27th September - We were meant to be taking it easy to prepare for the Monza closing party at Space the next day but we ended up going to Eden which was free but total pish then Play2 down the Westend which was equally as bad music wise but was a good laugh none the less just ripping the piss.

Thursday 28th September - We got to Bora Bora about 11pm I think then got to Space about 3am to see DJ T and Ricardo Villalobos. Took a while to get going but Villalobos was brilliant. Left about 6am then went back to Bora Bora then went to the Monza afterparty at Space again at 10.30am. Was the first time I'd been in Space when it was light and it was cool as funk on the sunset terrace, such a great vibe. Villalobos was back on the decks belting out the minimal techno. Left at the end at 2pm then went back to the hotel for some much needed rest.

Friday 29th September - Pure Pacha closing party was on for tonight with Pete Tong and Bob Sinclair but when I got there I wasn't really feeling it, music was a bit commercial for my liking and I was pretty much exhausted so left early

Saturday 30th September - We were flying home the next morning so just took it easy all day, got some nice food, lay around the pool in the hotel getting some rays then watched the sunset for the last time.

Sunday 1st October - We flew home...

Sounds like you had a fab time, do you think it will be another 3 years before you go back :lol: ;)

Danny T was just un-funking-believable wasn't he - the 6 hours he played were just amazing, I never wanted him to finish :lol:

sounds like a great time !!!

I wish I could see Tenaglia again... absolutely loved him!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

here he was dancing on the decks at 7:30 am on Sept 3rd !

:lol: :lol:

meryl075-vi.jpg

Sounds like you had a fab time, do you think it will be another 3 years before you go back :lol: ;)

Danny T was just un-funking-believable wasn't he - the 6 hours he played were just amazing, I never wanted him to finish :lol:

It was just great, definitely coming back next year.

sounds like a great time !!!

I wish I could see Tenaglia again... absolutely loved him!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

here he was dancing on the decks at 7:30 am on Sept 3rd !

:lol: :lol:

meryl075-vi.jpg

he done the same for the closing but he errrr dropped his trousers at the closing :eek:

I liked his probs: an umbrella with a face on it and little patterns he'd drawn, think the tune he played at the time had something to do with an umbrella. At every bass hit he was whacking the umbrella about. :lol:

Another tune he held up a big painting. :lol:

I liked his probs: an umbrella with a face on it and little patterns he'd drawn, think the tune he played at the time had something to do with an umbrella. At every bass hit he was whacking the umbrella about. :lol:

Another tune he held up a big painting. :lol:

... hee hee... yeh he had the orange blowfish umbrella saying something like "strange things are happening..."

it was an umbrella like this !!

photo.fr2021v.npi-6341.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah i remember that - that was funny!

he done the same for the closing but he errrr dropped his trousers at the closing :eek:

He does like to pull a moonie doesn't he, I saw him do one on the tables @ Bora Bora one year :eek: :lol: Now I love Danny T but whether I want to see his bum cheeks is a different matter entirely :lol:

He does like to pull a moonie doesn't he, I saw him do one on the tables @ Bora Bora one year :eek: :lol: Now I love Danny T but whether I want to see his bum cheeks is a different matter entirely :lol:

and i'd rather not listen to his continous ramblings at the end of the night:lol:

agreed, i think there are many nicer bums than danny's :lol:

:lol: itdoesn'tmatterwhetheryou'reblackwhitegaystraightjustbeyourself :lol:

Shut it Danny and play another record :lol:

he should have dropped this one after his little outburst, right on cue.......

8815554824.jpg

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!8)

he should have dropped this one after his little outburst, right on cue.......

8815554824.jpg

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!8)

Somewhere at the bottom of my big hole :lol: I remember thinking that he was going to play that, instead we just had a typical Danny T sermon :lol:

Back