Babs and Tom do a 'Grown-Up' Ibiza Hols

Sounds great Sarah, we had a similiar holiday with baby in tow, like you said, it was like any decent med holiday but still had the Ibiza magic :lol:

Atzaro where we'd booked a day at the spa there - wow what an amazing place, set in the countryside, it's a complete oasis of calm and luxury :D We spent the morning in the pool and jacuzzi and then I had a 60 minute facial booked and Tom had a 90 minute Thai massage booked - never have I felt so chilled in Ibiza. Absolutely recommend the place for a special occasion, we finished off with a late lunch by the pool and some sunbathing there.

(Defected attracts the monkeys and Guetta is a monkey :spank:)

You really can't fault the food and service in the restaurant and it's such a nice way to start the evening and including drinks (good bottle of wine and Amarettos) the bill came to not much more than 100 euros (a 'bargain' when a vodka drink in the club is now a price 15 euros :rolleyes:).

it was one of the best nights I've had in Pacha for a long while and I'd definitely think about going back to Subliminal in September.

Atzaro is amazing isnt it ? Unfortunatley we didnt make it as her indoors was happy to do other things, it was more of an option if the weather was bad one day, but it wasnt', it was glorious for the whole week ;)

As for Pacha, i felt the same as you with regards Guetta, and we did the same, great meal at 11, then fell into the club for about 1.30am, and like you we had a fantastic night, apart for a couple of remixed oldies (R.E.M and Fragma) it was really good, except for Will.I.am mc'ing for a bit :evil: It was one of the best night's i've had in Pacha for a while. It was also probably due to the fact that unlike July and august it wasn't too rammed.

Yes we're there from 20 - 30 September :D See you there ;)

September (weekend of WLS closing) is going to be a different kettle of fish :twisted:

Also did you notice the police presence :eek: I saw on a couple of occasions in Ibiza town, undercover police searching people, and we got stopped on our way back to the villa twice !!

September (weekend of WLS closing) is going to be a different kettle of fish :twisted:

Also did you notice the police presence :eek: I saw on a couple of occasions in Ibiza town, undercover police searching people, and we got stopped on our way back to the villa twice !!

September = oh yes :twisted::lol:

We saw no police presence whatsoever, in fact we both remarked how light the police presence was - you must have a dodgy look about you :lol:;)

Great review Barbie and I always love reading your posts. I just want to make a couple of points however lest people be misled.
There is a massive police presence in Ibiza this year and you really need to watch your step.
If you are savvy and mindful you will be ok but if you get sloppy you are asking for trouble. By sloppy I mean going to the loo in pairs or making it obvious you are waiting to get into a cubicle (friend got arrested in Bora Bora for this), and or failing to lock the cubicle door when you are inside or by taking too long etc.
Most issues can be sorted out financially there and then but it is a problem that one can do without.
Ibiza is really turning the corner image wise (has anyone seen San Antonio this year) and while there is an acknowledgement that people are there to party if you push the fact in the authorities face too much then you will pay the price.
I have no problem with the authorities and think they get the balance really right.

While there (and I was there the same week you were as it happens) I too felt sour at the early finish but on refelction it may not be a bad thing. for example we always arrive at night but that is no longer an option so if you rejig your flight to get there during the day you can start a little earlier (thats what we will be doing in September)
I do agree it is sad at what has happened to Bora Bora though and I will miss the open spaces there going forward

Finally I dont think you should be referring to anyone as monkeys. What makes Ibiza great is the mix of all kinds of people. Each to their own and all that. We know what you mean and there is no need to sully a brilliant review.

Denis

There is a massive police presence in Ibiza this year and you really need to watch your step.

I guess we were just lucky and super careful ;)

Finally I dont think you should be referring to anyone as monkeys. What makes Ibiza great is the mix of all kinds of people. Each to their own and all that. We know what you mean and there is no need to sully a brilliant review.

Sorry it's not meant as offensive, I call everyone a monkey, I'm a monkey :lol:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fab review Sarah, I really enjoyed it and I had already sneaked a look at your pics on Facebook and Ibiza still looks amazing.
Im just gutted I missed out on the daytime clubbing the last 2 times I have been, I guess now I will have to say I dont know what I was missing.......:cry:

September = oh yes :twisted::lol:

We saw no police presence whatsoever, in fact we both remarked how light the police presence was - you must have a dodgy look about you :lol:;)

Great review as always Barbie :)
When we left Cocoon about 0645 monday after WLS opening they stopped all the cars going towards Ibiza town so be careful everyone!

Great review as always Barbie :)
When we left Cocoon about 0645 monday after WLS opening they stopped all the cars going towards Ibiza town so be careful everyone!

Blimey we must have been really really lucky cos I saw less police than ever this year but they seem to have been out in force :confused:

Nice review, sounds like a more chilled out time as opposed to your previous visits i recall reading reviews of, but good all the same.:)

We saw no police presence whatsoever,

Maybe because they were undercover :rolleyes: :lol: I saw undercovers frisking near D'alt Villa, then on our return to our villa in San josé we got stopped twice in one night (last friday)

Definately considerably more than before :spank:

Finally I dont think you should be referring to anyone as monkeys.

Denis

07-20-07-dancing-monkey.jpg
:lol:

Wednesday we got up early and walked round to the harbour to get the boat to Formentera and then did our usual (FLS :lol:) trick of getting a taxi to Platja Migjorn and the Blue Bar. I love this beach so much, it was deserted and we didn't see another person for hours. We spent the morning swimming, sunbathing, reading and chilling - absolutely heavenly. Then had lunch and a few drinks in the Blue Bar, bit more sunbathing and then got the boat back at 6pm

Hi Barbie, cracking review, just after a bit of info on a trip to formentera. Never been before and only plan on having a long day and a bit of the evening so what would you recommend?? Could you tell me how much and how often the ferries run.. Thanks

Hi Barbie, cracking review, just after a bit of info on a trip to formentera. Never been before and only plan on having a long day and a bit of the evening so what would you recommend?? Could you tell me how much and how often the ferries run.. Thanks

Hello :lol:

We always get the ferry from the harbour in Ibiza Town, they go about every half an hour so whenever you turn up you won't have long to wait - there are different companies and types. We got the quick one which takes 30 mins and it was 38 euros return. There are cheaper slower boats as well. We generally get up really early and get one about 9am so we have a full day on Formentera.

When you get there you can hire bikes if you're more energetic than me, or there are a few buses that you can catch, cos I'm an old FLS we just always get a taxi :lol:

It's a lovely way to spend a chilled day ;)

Great review but it's made me a bit :cry: ...I want Ibiza back. :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I'll always be drawn back there at some point but personally, I'm really off the place with all these poxy new laws.

I'm supposed to be on holiday when I'm out there ffs...who wants to go home at 7 and not carry on? Going to Space and DC-10 at 8am for a breakfast session used to be my fave part!

...and how is this enjoyable and cutting edge for somewhere that bills itself as the 'clubbing capital of the world'? :eek: :lol: It's frickin laughable!

going to the loo in pairs or making it obvious you are waiting to get into a cubicle (friend got arrested in Bora Bora for this), and or failing to lock the cubicle door when you are inside or by taking too long etc.

From experience I know this hasn't been exaggerated either. :rolleyes:

But that said, I'm glad you enjoyed. Looks like grown-up holidays are the way forward in the Balearics. :rolleyes:

Golf anyone?

Don't get me wrong, I'll always be drawn back there at some point but personally, I'm really off the place with all these poxy new laws.

I'm supposed to be on holiday when I'm out there ffs...who wants to go home at 7 and not carry on? Going to Space and DC-10 at 8am for a breakfast session used to be my fave part!

...and how is this enjoyable and cutting edge for somewhere that bills itself as the 'clubbing capital of the world'? :eek: :lol: It's frickin laughable!

I know it's very :cry: isn't it :rolleyes: I'll still go back to Ibiza on occasion mainly cos of all the memories we have there, but it will be no more than a cheeky long weekend, if I can't do the things I want to go on holiday for, then I'll find somewhere else to do them :spank::lol:

From experience I know this hasn't been exaggerated either. :rolleyes:

But that said, I'm glad you enjoyed. Looks like grown-up holidays are the way forward in the Balearics. :rolleyes:

Golf anyone?

I'm giving it another shot in September.. but yeah, I just get sad when I think of Matinee not opening in the am... that was the best part!!:cry: and I don't think it will ever change back again :cry:

Ibiza will def. lose some of the clubbers,but I guess the newbies that come will still have a good time and never know what they were missing!n Reading all the clubbing reviews, people all say they had a great time and will be going back for sure.

As I read in another post, I don't think Ibiza is going to get all these people coming that never would have come before because Ibiza has 'cleaned up their image'

still, I'm trying to remain positive for September! :lol:

Back