Babs and Tom - A 'Quiet' Week In Ibiza!!!!

Barbie

Well I've managed to get there and back, whether I am in one piece is debatable but here goes with the 1 and a 1/2 braincells I have remaining :eek: :lol:

Usual giddiness at the airport and on flight, landed at 2am, texted all 'the family' who were already there to see if anyone wanted to come out to play but they were all either asleep or choosing to ignore me :lol: Checked into El Hotel which is lovely, would def recommend it (plus you get lots of fancy Pacha shower gels, body lotions, matches etc so I came home with a suitcase of them I'm so easily pleased :lol: ) then as per normal I NEEDED more wine :rolleyes: so much to Tom's delight we trek the streets in search of wine (only to get back to hotel with bottle and realise that they do room service :oops: :lol: ) Tried to sneak into DefMix to see 'Mr Morales without top' but Tom got me in a headlock and dragged me to bed, managed to get a couple of hours sleep and then was up at 8am texting everyone to get out of bed :lol:

You know it's going to be one of 'those' kind of days when you've had a bottle of Cava before 10am :rolleyes: so I was already very giddy by the time Jamie came to pick us up. How much fun being in Ibiza with my Partner in Crime :D ;) Then we all went to meet Jon and Bec at Passion (for breakfast for them, bottle of rose for me) - as you can tell the day was already going downhill :rolleyes: :lol:

Quick stop off at Bora Bora - warning for the ladieeeez the toilets have moved so the first time I went I ended up in the mens much to everyone's amusement :oops: I then go again and everyone warns me not to go into the mens again, what do I do, march straight in again, past the urinals and into a man's cubicle :oops: Third time I am determined to get it right, where do I end up this time, in a broom cupboard :rolleyes: :oops: :lol: At which point I realised that me and toilets just weren't going to happen so headed to Space. Jonathon Ullyses was doing what he does best on the terrace and then it was just like a meeting of Spotlight gatherers - Rachel and the HMWs, Alex and his gang, Stephen, Anthony and his gang, John Sync and Aussie Leah, Nigel (with bobbles :lol: ;) ) and Jane, Clare and Stephen, I kept thinking I was back in London and not the Space terrace :lol:

Tom goes to see a man about a dog ;) But then the bouncer sees him, takes them out his hand (Tom's immediate thought is he is going to be kicked out :eek: ) but instead he just stamps on all 6 :eek: Well my mum always brought me up to waste not want not so the next thing I know we are dabbing the floor :oops: and then proceed to lick the floor :oops: I think the phrase 'rock bottom' springs to mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Novy was excellent, Rooty were good but not as good as previous years, quick get out to Bora Bora where Erick was stalking me as per normal :lol: I was like Erick I've moved onto bigger and better stalkees now leave me alone :lol: Then back to Space for Steve Lawler, now I've said before that altho I like Lawler I think he can be very samey on the terrace but this year he blew me away - stuff like Hideaway, Show me Love and lots more that I can't remember but there were definitely lots of exploding (tm Jamie ;) ) moments going on :D

Thought it would be rude not to (c) pop inside to see Todd Terry who was excellent, very old skool :D and then I think we crawled out of Space at 3am, few drinks in PDB and then kidnapped Jamie, Ru, Alex and his friend back to our apartment. Fortunately for Alex he managed to escape before it got too messy as we proceeded to make Lucozades with fake Lucozade and a kettle cos we didn't have a microwave :lol:

All got very silly back at ours (ended up climbing onto roof at El Hotel in bid to find swimming pool :lol: and playing the impression game - you'll be pleased to hear that Tom has got new imprssion in form of Trevor McDonald and Ru does a blinding Mr Bean impression :lol: ) None of us were embracing the idea of DC10 as I really wasn't that impressed with it last year, I think it has seemed to get worse every year compared to a few years back where it was a fun place to go on a Monday morning, now it's a place where people feel they have to go but is actually hard work but that's just my opinion :confused: Anyway we figured we'd get there and end up leaving after an hour if we got lumbered with Vulcano plus the lack of seating these days :rolleyes: so headed down to Bora Bora for a full-on uplifting sesh which we all needed :D Trying to get a taxi back to Jamie's apartment on the way was most amusing as between us we didn't have a braincell left so taxis were driving past us, we were all looking at them and going to each other 'taxi' and then forgetting to flag them down :oops: :lol: Also at this point we picked up 'Friendship Bob' - a leather strap thing that Jon had given Jamie on Friday night as a token of friendship which Tom couldn't stop laughing at but then proceeded to nick it and wear it for the rest of the holiday :lol: Bora Bora was so much fun and we were steadily getting more and more messy as we were joined by Jon and Bec, Rachel, Alex and gang, Stephen and gang etc, then remembered there was small matter of football game to watch so tried to embrace it but were more concerned with High 5s (tm Ruben :lol: )

Then ended up back at our apartment with all the usual suspects (where Jon concoted a new version of 'zoom and groom' as 'smack and whack' :lol: ) and of course it would be rude not to (c) go and see Mr Sanchez :D Release Yourself was fab, never been before as normally too much of a casualty after DC10 but am definitely knocking DC10 on the head in future and doing this, great crowd (best I've seen in Pacha for years, it was proper going off :D ) great music and considering we hadn't slept for 2 days and had been dancing almost solidly for that time we were throwing shapes all night :D Had lots of fun playing the 'dance in a circle game' and giving each other backrides :lol: and not forgetting 'The Beep Song' (tm Tom :lol: ) complete with dance routines :lol: Bestest moment was one of Rog's last tunes Strings of Life mixed with Music is the Answer at which point me and Jon thought we were going to explode :eek: :lol: Rog kept teasing us with 'one more one more', poor Bec by this time was destroyed and just wanted to go home and was ready to climb into DJ booth and punch Rog if he played 'one more' :lol:

Jamie and Ru had to go back to their hotel to check out but we managed to kidnap Rachel, David Morales was loitering outside Pacha but he had a top on so I wasn't interested in kidnapping him :lol: Back to our hotel, few roses and minxiness followed and then Jamie came to pick us up and we went to Rachel's villa. Had so much fun riding on a pink pole in her pool :lol: and we were all get steadily sillier and sillier (I think I had reached delirious stage thru lack of sleep by this point :lol: ) and then the HMWs came back. I think the fact that there was me, Tom and Jamie (aka the junkies from Space :lol: ) and a dead corpse in the form of Ru on Rachel's big fancy outdoor bed it wasn't the homecoming they were expecting :lol: ;)

Then I managed to sleep YAY :D Unfortunately wasn't very good at it (must be out of practice :lol: ) so were up really early and then Tom reminded we should really try and embrace this eating malarky as I hadn't done it since Saturday and it was now Wednesday :rolleyes: Met Jon and Bec for breakfast at Passion (for any veggies out there Passion now do a vegetarian breakfast which is lurrrrrverly :D ) and we adopted the bestest dog in the world down at Bora Bora who we named Gee :lol: and then we went chilled down Bora Bora for the day on the sangria. Felt :cry: cos the family was getting smaller cos Jamie and Alex had gone but we have to soldier on even with depleted numbers :lol: ;) As we left the beach, Tom, Jon and Bec wanted to eat again (I was like we've already eaten today that'll do us til Friday :lol: ) so they went and ate pizza and pasta while I drank more rose :rolleyes: at which point at the table in the restaurant my bikini top pops open and I'm sat there with my baps out :oops: :eek: :lol: Well it certainly puts a new meaning to baps with your dinner :lol:

Back at hotel, bottle of vino with Clare round the pool at El Hotel which I finally found (it's not on the roof it's thru the restaurant, funk knows why I was adamant it was on the roof :confused: )

The headed to Amnesia for La Troya and met up with Jon, Bec, Nigel (and his bobbles ;) ), Jane and John. I hadn't been to Amnesia since 2000 so it was really nice going somewhere different. La Troya was fab, the reason I went off Amnesia was Cream but if you go on a good night it's fab. Great music, great crowd, everyone was so friendly. Funny moment was Jon befriending this lovely gay couple and I don't think they could work out the relationship between us 4 (they thought me and Bec were lesbians and Jon was with both of us and Tom :lol: ) I think we might have took friendship too far with them cos at one point I look round and one of the blokes is giving Jon a backride much to mine and Bec's amusement :lol:

Left Amnesia, usual problem with no taxis :rolleyes: so got a dodgy one and the nice man doubled up as a drug dealer (you don't get that with black cabbies in London do you :lol: ;) ) Back to our hotel and we can see everyone leaving Pacha after Subliminal, end up having a phone call with Rachel while we can see her from our hotel balcony sat outside Pacha, tried to kidnap her again for La Troya aftershow but she had to get back to villa :cry: but never fear reinforcements came in the form of Clare and Stephen (who were adamant they were just popping in for a glass of rose)............an hour and Lucozade later we're all on our way to Space :lol: During this time Jon did some lovely ladieeez fashion shows for us, he kept disappearing and coming out in my clothes (Jon how much is it worth to keep those off Spotlight :lol: ;) )

Poor poor Jon and Bec had booked a late check-out room, we stop off at their hotel and they've only let the room out :twisted: so they had to pack off their heads :eek: Walk to Space, we had forgotten to get wristbands for the aftershow so we went into Tantra bar and Tom asked about getting them, at this point I think I was losing it cos I thought the man behind the bar was evacuating the premises cos of a fire or something :confused: :eek: In reality he was telling Tom to go over the road for wristbands (as I was running out the place going fire fire :eek: :oops: ) Went to Space, met up with Stephen, Anthony and co again, the aftershow was so much fun, we left at some point to go to Bora Bora, had to stop off at Passion for wine/smoothies on the way. It was first time Clare and Stephen had been to Passion and Clare went to go to toilet and I was meant to remind her that ladieeeez toilet is a bit of a mare (ie you can get locked in as I know :oops: ) I forgot but I thought I'll go knock on the door in 5 mins to check she can get out but forgot again :oops: Poor Clare comes back 15 mins later after been locked in the toilet all this time banging on the door until one of the staff heard her and released her :eek: :lol:

All headed down to Bora Bora and from now onwards my behaviour was OOC :eek: :eek: :eek: Erick was down there stalking me again :rolleyes: :lol: with the bestest dog in the world (a proper little fluffy white Dave Beer one who danced and everything ;) ) and Smokin' Jo who looked stuuunnnnning :D Lots of dancing and usual shenangians were involved and me and Jon were doing things like 'play the putting your head in the ice bucket game' :rolleyes: :eek: :lol: Hence if anyone saw me Thursday evening and my hair was even more 'fro-like than normal that's the reason why :eek: :lol:

Remembered again we had small matter of football match to watch so we headed over to same bar where we'd watched first game and met up with all the usual repribates. Had to see poor Jon and Bec off to airport :cry: (I really don't know how you two got on plane :eek: ) Watching the football wasn't the easiest of things seeing as I was seeing 8 blurry screens (when there was only one :rolleyes: ) but Tom gave me running commentary and I was just copying his facial impressions :lol: but I was in one of my 'minxy go on an adventure' moods :rolleyes: :lol: At one point (apparently :rolleyes: :lol: ) I wandered off (even somehow must have managed to cross the road on my own without responsible adult :eek: ) 15 minutes later Tom found me laid on bit of grass on my own on my back doing the crab dance :oops: :eek: :lol: Cue Babs been dragged back to bar in headlock :lol: Bit more football, but me, Rachel and her friend Lou were getting restless by this point so headed down to Bora Bora. Lots of fun and dancing at Bora Bora (Clare thankyou for the running commentary with the football score texts but I didn't get them til Friday morning cos my phone was bit funked :confused: :lol: ) so by the time Tom and everyone else came down to Bora Bora we were oblivious to what the score was but one look on their faces told us it wasn't good :cry: Anyway only thing to get over England losing is to have little sesh and poor Tom definitely had his hands full with me and Rachel, he'd look round one minute and we were doing yoga moves on the beach :oops: and then he'd look round again and somehow me and Rachel had managed to climb on top of a pile of 20 sunbeds :lol: The look on poor Tom's face it was like 'this is an accident waiting to happen' as he tried to carry his wayward g/friends down :lol:

Left Bora Bora and went for few drinks, at 3am I was still raring to go :rolleyes: and wanted to embrace Cream :eek: The only thing that didn't get me there was Tom getting me in a headlock, knocking me out with a wine bottle and dragging me back to hotel (I tell you that's the last time he ever gets trance offered to him and he calls himself a Trancemaster :lol: ;) )

Woke up 8am Friday morning completely destroyed :eek: I don't ever remember feelng so destroyed, I just wanted to call a vet to put me to sleep to put me out my misery but Tom (being a meanie :lol: ) said I would feel better if I got some food inside me :rolleyes: so I agreed on the condition he dressed me, helped me down street into taxi, ordered food and drink for me and wouldn't make me speak to anyone :eek: :lol: Had my second meal of the holiday :rolleyes: at Passion, another lovely veggie breakfast, and then somehow crawled to Bora Bora and died :eek: On way back from beach was texting Rachel and Stephen bout plans for tonight but on phone to Rachel my phone died, got back to hotel, got Tom to check it wasn't the operator (ie me :lol: ) that was broken and it was my phone but even he said I'd done something to it and it def wasn't working :rolleyes: so had no way of contacting anyone :confused: Decided to have couple of hours sleep before we embraced Friday night, by this point I think my body was just rejecting sleep, I had 2 HTP and 2 sleeping tablets and was lying there wide awake after an hour :rolleyes:

Got up and went into Ibiza Town for drinks, lots of mine and Tom's usual minxy adventures involving playgrounds, boats etc :lol: was undecided bout Defected but ended up making our own fun ;) and watching the sun come up...........then remembered we had small matter of checking out in a few hours :rolleyes: so tried and embraced sleep, packed off our heads (if I've managed to bring everything home with me it's a miracle :eek: ) and spent last day down at Bora Bora.

The plan was to have relaxing day sleeping on the beach and then spent final evening in Ibiza Town with few drinks and have a nice meal seeing as I'd only eaten twice all holiday :rolleyes: Uh-oh fateful last words, we go up to Bora Bora, get on the rose, see a man about a dog and before you know it I'm throwing shapes like a mad woman :rolleyes: :eek: :lol: The last few hours are very hazy but nothing like seeing your holiday out in style-eeeeeee :eek: :lol:

Had to go back to hotel to get cases and then taxi to airport, at this point I am at my most destroyed EVER :lol: and on the way to the airport the taxi driver is playing Sweet Dreams so I start crying :oops: :cry: :lol: ;) Will someone tell me why after 13 trips home from Ibiza it NEVER gets any easier :rolleyes: :cry:

Don't know how we checked in or got on plane :confused: and then me and Tom had aisle seats and I'm sat next to the biggest weirdoes ever (actually in their defence it's what me and Tom will look like if we carry on like this for another 20 years :eek: :lol: )

Somehow managed to get back to Gatwick, get car and then finally get home to the sanctuary of our flat never to leave again :lol: well until Pride next wkend :eek: :lol:

All in all it should be illegal to have this much fun in a week and thanks to everyone (you know who you are ;) ) that made the holiday what it was :D Now bring on Ibiza in September family style-eeeeee :D :D :D

Superstara said:
You did the right decision at your first night :!:

David played (this time) his shirt on :D

He seems to be embracing this shirt-wearing malarky a bit too much for my liking these days :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

DefMix opening was quiet. Everybody went to Amnesia IMO. Romero played for the empty dancefloor. David played most of the time but looked tired. Frankie played at the end and sounded little better but there wasn´t enough crowd to get things really going...

Maybe David isn´t that fit anymore :?:

Superstara said:
DefMix opening was quiet. Everybody went to Amnesia IMO. Romero played for the empty dancefloor. David played most of the time but looked tired. Frankie played at the end and sounded little better but there wasn´t enough crowd to get things really going...

Maybe David isn´t that fit anymore :?:

Really :confused: :eek: It was torture for me looking from our hotel balcony and seeing people going into Pacha but I feel a lot better now ;)

Great review - I don't know how you remembered and were able to type all that!

What would you say was the best club of the week? La Troya does sound like fun...

Two meals all holiday? :eek: How much weight have you lost?!

Clara said:
Great review - I don't know how you remembered and were able to type all that!

What would you say was the best club of the week? La Troya does sound like fun...

Two meals all holiday? :eek: How much weight have you lost?!

Some of the things were just too funny to ever forget :lol: (plus Tom helped me fill in a lot of gaps :eek: :lol: ;) )

It was such a random week clubbing wise, all the nights we'd said we were going to do - DC10, Underwater, Defected - we didn't end up doing any of them but def had better times at Release Yourself (altho I know that's Cocoon night for you ;) ) and La Troya and the La Troya aftershow than I've probably had at any of the ones we'd planned to go to. If you've got a spare Weds I would def recommend La Troya (plus our tickets were 25 euros with free drink and you can get free pass for aftershow :eek: :D ;) )

I know 2 meals was bad but just kept forgetting to eat :confused: but I've had big fat Dominos pizza, garlic bread and potato wedges this afternoon plus I must have been having 3000 calories a day in rose wine :lol: Btw it is you or your b/friend who is veggie isn't it, make sure you try the new veggie breakfast at Passion cos I know you're a fan of the place, prob best veggie breakfast I've ever had, even Tom who embraces meat was veggie by half way thru the week :lol: ;)

Yep, I had the veggie breakfast last time I was there. Passions great, I'm craving for their smoothies right now!

I've heard Release Yourself is good but I'm afraid I couldn't possibly pass up Cocoon!

Clara said:
Yep, I had the veggie breakfast last time I was there. Passions great, I'm craving for their smoothies right now!

I've heard Release Yourself is good but I'm afraid I couldn't possibly pass up Cocoon!

Did they do veggie breakfasts last year :confused: That sums up the state I'm normally in at Passion cos I was so excited this year cos I thought for the first time that they did a proper veggie breakfast :oops: :lol:

I was sat here literally PMSL reading that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great review babe, been looking forward to you doing one ;)

Soooo wish I had been there for the rest of the week. gonna speak to Alex tmw and try and get booked up this week. Bring on september now! Like you said earlier only 10 weeks and I'm sure we'll amuse ourselves in the meantime ;)

cookie said:
I was sat here literally PMSL reading that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great review babe, been looking forward to you doing one ;)

Soooo wish I had been there for the rest of the week. gonna speak to Alex tmw and try and get booked up this week. Bring on september now! Like you said earlier only 10 weeks and I'm sure we'll amuse ourselves in the meantime ;)

I think I covered everything and managed to name and shame everyone including myself :oops: :eek: :lol: :lol: ;)

Even tho we had soooooo much fun Weds onwards it did feel like a little something was missing ;)

Well you know we go on Sat 11th and I want as much time with you as poss :lol: :D ;) Our flight isn't til Sat night again :rolleyes: but obviously if you and Alex get similar flight times you're more than welcome to come with us to airport cos Tom is driving and his car is already booked in (altho can you fit 4 people and 4 cases into a Henry Vroom Vroom car :confused: I spose you could just put me and a couple of cases on the roof :lol: ;) )

We NEED drinks this week, it's been too long :lol: maybe try and get the family together for some 'civilised' drinks Weds/Thurs to reminisce ;)

Barbie said:
I think I covered everything and managed to name and shame everyone including myself :oops: :eek: :lol: :lol: ;)

Even tho we had soooooo much fun Weds onwards it did feel like a little something was missing ;)

Well you know we go on Sat 11th and I want as much time with you as poss :lol: :D ;) Our flight isn't til Sat night again :rolleyes: but obviously if you and Alex get similar flight times you're more than welcome to come with us to airport cos Tom is driving and his car is already booked in (altho can you fit 4 people and 4 cases into a Henry Vroom Vroom car :confused: I spose you could just put me and a couple of cases on the roof :lol: ;) )

We NEED drinks this week, it's been too long :lol: maybe try and get the family together for some 'civilised' drinks Weds/Thurs to reminisce ;)

We were talking about going after work friday 10th, so that would be perfect. Altho I think Jon and Bec were thinking of going the week after cos there doing something else that week. Thanks for the offer of lift to airport x listen to us arranging getting to the airport already :lol:

Weds/Thurs sounds good ;)

cookie said:
We were talking about going after work friday 10th, so that would be perfect. Altho I think Jon and Bec were thinking of going the week after cos there doing something else that week. Thanks for the offer of lift to airport x listen to us arranging getting to the airport already :lol:

Weds/Thurs sounds good ;)

I think Jon and Bec are talking bout getting there round the 18th and Rachel is going 10th or 11th :D I love it when a plan comes together :lol: ;) Nothing like a bit of pre-planning :lol:

Yay def Weds/Thurs, it's been so long I can't remember what you look like :lol: Tom will be off Weds or Thurs this week and wanted to embrace Harvey Nicks sale after I'd spoke to you so if we come shopping in afternoon on one of those days and meet you (and hopefully the rest of the family) then at least you know if I'm with Tom he'll get me home and I won't be crawling naked into your bed :eek: :lol: :lol: ;)

:eek:

wow! great review! i'm just staggered you are still alive to tell it :eek:

how on earth do you do it, talk about inner strength!

crofty said:
:eek:

wow! great review! i'm just staggered you are still alive to tell it :eek:

how on earth do you do it, talk about inner strength!

I really don't know how I'm alive :confused: :eek: :lol: Since waking up Weds morning I think I had bout 4 hours sleep Thursday night and 2 hours Friday night, I thought I would get back home and die this morning but I've been on my second/third/fourth/fiftieth lease of life :eek: :lol: :lol:

It's all to do with the pre-Ibiza training ;) actually it's all going to probably come crashing down round me horribly tomorrow so you can all laugh at me then :lol: ;)

Wow Barbie, you really know how to do it dont you! ;)

Well done for staying alive after all that, i enjoyed reading every word of it :D

Babe what a fantastic review :lol: I never thought that you could shock me more than you do on your quiet wknd reviews but MY GOD i really dont know how you do it ;)

Glad you had a fab time ;)

Back