Awakenings 2020

Has anybody been able to keep up with the total mess they are making of eventually rearranging? Now 2 festivals, 2 days and 3 days. You can swap your 2 day tickets with 3 day tickets if you pay the difference so in effect your ticket is now just a voucher for the 3 day festival. Do nothing and your 2 day ticket is for the 2 day festival. So they announce the 3 day event for end of July today, and the 2 day event gets announced Monday, assuming for a different time of the year. Not really arsed how long it's been I bought 2 tickets for Summer Awakenings I expect a festival in the summer, and not sure how they can just say oh well we're moving you to another time of the year so we can sell more tickets to a 3 dayer (unless you pay more). And why they think it's better to announce the 3 day first when everyone is waiting for the 2 day news I don't know. If their intention was to piss everyone off they have thoroughly succeeded

@BareBen91 - I’m with you. It’s been an absolute shambles.

It’s no longer in Amsterdam either, so that’ll no doubt add further fuel to the fire. I’m also not loving the idea of camping - getting anxiety sweats at the thought of trying to get to sleep in a tent after 3 days of partying 😂

I’m hoping we get more detail over the weekend, considering we have to make our decision to go for the voucher or stick to the 2 day festival by Monday.

Watched a small clip of Reinier Zonneveld earlier today out of curiosity. It was more slapstick than I could handle, stadium trance all over again

Last edited:
Awakenings has certainly made a mess of their communication. Multiple emails in one week with different messages.
Ultimately it's good that they listened to their customers.

The situation is now as follows. If you are a 2020 ticketholder you can keep your ticket and that will be valid for the yet to be announced 2-day festival. This festival will be announced on monday and will probably be the regular festival in Spaarnwoude, Amsterdam. You CAN change this ticket into a voucher to use for the other festival or change your day....but you dont have to! You can just keep the ticket, do nothing and the ticket will be valid. So in my case....I had 2 ticket for Awakenings 2020 Saturday. That ticket will be valid for the festival on saturday in 2022, probably the end of june edition in Amsterdam. We will know for sure on monday.

Also...there is a new festival end of july in Hilvarensbeek. That's interesting for people living in the south or Belgian/French Awakenigns fans. It will be a three day festival with camping. You can use your 2020 ticket, convert it into a voucher and get priority acces to the ticketsale for this new second festival, but again...you don't have to.

Now why they didnt announce all dates immediately is frustrating. Everyone hopes the 2 day festival will take place on it's traditional time slot the end of june, but I doubt it. Lots of promoters will try to host festivals as late in the season as possible out of fear for restrictions being still in place or again in place by that time. Looking at the current situation here, that is not unthinkable.

April. W*nkers.

Yes...What a shitshow.
So now people that had a ticket for the Summerfestival June 2020....are either forced to go to the Easter festival or apply for a voucher to buy the tickets for the July festival in Hilvarenbeek instead of Amsterdam.

Easter sucks, cause the weather is very unpredictable, could be like 10-15 degrees. Also, it's a holiday with obligations.

Yes...What a shitshow.
So now people that had a ticket for the Summerfestival June 2020....are either forced to go to the Easter festival or apply for a voucher to buy the tickets for the July festival in Hilvarenbeek instead of Amsterdam.

Easter sucks, cause the weather is very unpredictable, could be like 10-15 degrees. Also, it's a holiday with obligations.
Yes, absolute joke, especially since we already have tickets for Easter that was supposed to be INDOORS at Gashouder.

Will probably refund the whole lot now.

Oh right - they are still doing the indoor Gashouder events for Easter ALSO.

That could be quite cool - can go to the festival Sat day, then GH Sat night.

Will be fresh in the day, outdoors... :)

So is anyone else transferring their 2020 tickets to the summer festival? I’m finding it all a bit confusing - and extra stressful because I’m booking on behalf of 8 of us. It all feels a bit messy and I’m foreseeing their system going down again like it did for the Gashouder parties for ADE….

Back