Awakenings 2020

Surprised that the tickets sold out in less than 24 hours! Last year they didn’t sell out until March, year before was May...

A pretty hyped up pre-registration ticketing system which has seemingly spurred on a lot of people to purchase and sell for profit - a real shame for people who have supported the festival for year and may have missed out.

Nevertheless I can’t bloody wait! ?

I really hoped that things will get better by the time festival comes but looks like it was wishful thinking. Dutch gov banned all events till 1st of September.

They are hoping to reschedule in September so fingers crossed.

Shame about the hotel which is non refundable and also KLM offering vouchers instead of cash refund which is annoying :(

I really hoped that things will get better by the time festival comes but looks like it was wishful thinking. Dutch gov banned all events till 1st of September.

They are hoping to reschedule in September so fingers crossed.

Shame about the hotel which is non refundable and also KLM offering vouchers instead of cash refund which is annoying :(
The festival is postponed till June 26th - June 27th 2021.

The festival is postponed till June 26th - June 27th 2021.

Not 100% confirmed yet. They have the festival site, tents, crew, equipment all set to go on 12th/13th September pending getting the license from the Dutch government - however we know this is highly unlikely to happen. They will confirm by 1st June.

Not 100% confirmed yet. They have the festival site, tents, crew, equipment all set to go on 12th/13th September pending getting the license from the Dutch government - however we know this is highly unlikely to happen. They will confirm by 1st June.
Strange that they posted on Facebook that it has been postponed to that date next year then.

Anyway...I do hope small festivals or parties are possible from September 1st...but a festival on the scale of Awakenings in September? Never gonna happen unfortunately.

Anyone watched awakenings live streams? I'm not gonna lie...they tricked me at first with their CGI gashouder until I saw the roof spinning lol. Looked cool tho! Watched most of the streams and they were quality, they restreamed reinier today and really enjoyed his set.

I was suppose to celebrate my birthday in awakenings but since it did not happen I decided to make a mix myself. Mind you it's a bit faster and harder than your usual ibiza sound, guess it kind of reflects the times we live in.

Anyway here it is, my first techno mix, enjoy!

Anyone watched awakenings live streams? I'm not gonna lie...they tricked me at first with their CGI gashouder until I saw the roof spinning lol. Looked cool tho! Watched most of the streams and they were quality, they restreamed reinier today and really enjoyed his set.

I was suppose to celebrate my birthday in awakenings but since it did not happen I decided to make a mix myself. Mind you it's a bit faster and harder than your usual ibiza sound, guess it kind of reflects the times we live in.

Anyway here it is, my first techno mix, enjoy!
CGI gashouder?
As far as I know...they actually modified the gashouder and it was not CGI.
I did saw a difference in the livestreams. Joris Voorn, Amelie Lens, Bart Skills, Reinier Zonneveld by example seemed to be actually in the booth, while Maceo Plex and Adam Beyer did their liveset from a green screen dj booth (also confirmed by their instagram accounts).

CGI gashouder?
As far as I know...they actually modified the gashouder and it was not CGI.
I did saw a difference in the livestreams. Joris Voorn, Amelie Lens, Bart Skills, Reinier Zonneveld by example seemed to be actually in the booth, while Maceo Plex and Adam Beyer did their liveset from a green screen dj booth (also confirmed by their instagram accounts).

Yes some played in the actual gashouder but those who could not travel I guess was shot on green screen as you said. But they didn't simply overlay it they made CGI such as the roof spinning...going up and down. Would love to see that in real gashouder tho!

Awakenings have just announced they're moving the festival to 11th and 12th September. They have an option on 2 locations and are waiting for the license to be granted by the Dutch government. No immediate plans to re-sell unsold tickets amidst all the uncertainty. Interesting that they're looking at 2 locations rather than the usual location in Spaarnwoude.

Whether it actually goes ahead remains to be seen, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Very, very cautious though.

Awakenings have just announced they're moving the festival to 11th and 12th September. They have an option on 2 locations and are waiting for the license to be granted by the Dutch government. No immediate plans to re-sell unsold tickets amidst all the uncertainty. Interesting that they're looking at 2 locations rather than the usual location in Spaarnwoude.

Whether it actually goes ahead remains to be seen, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Very, very cautious though.
Could be Havenpark in Amsterdam. It's where StrafWerk and ElrowTown were last year and it's a huge terrain.

Like said earlier in a different topic, some festival organizers in the Netherlands get backed up but Dutch government if it gets cancelled, so they can at least book artists and make preparations. Just bought my ticket for StrafWerk today, amazing line up.

Now to try and get a ticket for it if it goes ahead. Given I couldn't make last year (or this year) due to Glasto, if it does happen in September this works out perfectly.

Back