Avoid Fiesta Hotel Algarb

L

LA

I had the hardest time picking a hotel online last season. Turns out the one I did choose was a big mistake, so I wanted to pass this along for those planning this year.

We were in Ibiza last August. The hotel was so horrible, it tainted our entire trip. Fiesta Hotel Algarb has the look and feel of a university dorm. Cold tile floors and dark beat up hallways. My girlfriend and I had to push the two hard, thin twin mattresses together, because this huge hotel only had 6 rooms with queen sized beds. And forget the dark dungeon of a bathroom. You might expect to run out of hot water. This hotel had no COLD water! I'm not kidding. We would be taking a shower, and the next thing you know the water would be scalding hot! This was the case for the entire five days we were there.

There are plenty more reasons to avoid this hotel, but just do yourself a favor cross this one off the list.

Never ever again!

whilst i sympathise with you about the hotel it needs to be pointed out that.

most hotels in ibiza (and other holiday resorts) do not have double beds because many of their clients prefer not to sleep together - eg groups of friends on holiday.
nearly all hotels, apartments and houses have tiled floors here, although how you managed to find cold tiles in august is beyond me. mine are boiling hot at that time of the year.
water is a perenial problem here. when god designed ibiza he only put in a water supply for 50,000 people as you know in summer when 3 million people all want a shower at the same time there are a few logistical problems. i have been without water, hot or cold, for the last 3 days during the periods when a nearby hotel has been filling its pool.

i think you have to allow a little give and take when you're travelling in foreign lands for local customs and conditions.

however i echo robo's comments that i hope it hasn't put you off visiting our lovely island.

fair enough to post your oppinions, but a little harsh perhaps?

There are many hotels in England wher what you have described is the norm. I'm not talking bottom end hotels either.

I'm sure for every bad story of the place there will be a dozen good ones. Consiedr that you are paying the same for one weeks' accomodation what you would pay in a moderate place in the uk for one night!!!!!!!!!!!

B Happy
:D :D :D :D :D

Surely it can only be a good thing if LA helps others avoid the worst hotels.There are hundreds of hotels in Ibiza and they are not all as good as each other. Is this not described as a reviews forum?

rusty, sure it's helpful to pass on what u experienced. i was only sticking up for the Ibizians to an extent.

to simply say cross it off your list is a bit harsh. If people tell of theor experiences, and then people can decide.

Put in context, i think the accomodation value for money is second to none. I'm sure some of the owners struggle to make a living. Perhaps I am being niave and most of the accomodation is owned by a few people??

I obvisouly came across wrongly, i was making the point of "you get what you pay for". If someone has paid like £100 per night for accomodation in Ibiza and it sucks, then yeah, complain and slate the place, but when paying a few quid per night....

American criticism

Lets just be thankful he didn't find any chemical, biological or nuclear weapons of mass destruction in the hotel or he might be arranging to nuke it :twisted:

I think what LA has said is too little to blacklist a hotel. If more valid and holiday ruining experiences had been listed then fair enough, but that just seems trivial.

My parents used to own a hotel, and like any hotel you may get a small percentage (0.1%) who may have some problems, but trying to blacklist a hotel from LA's points is ridiculous.

I have been to Ibiza 4 times now and last year stayed at the Fiesta Bahamas Beach Club Hotel

What a load of shit

We booked a room for three which was promised to be spacious and accomodating for three people.

It was the size of a closet, had no air conditioning and we were woken at 10am by the pool side entertainment blaring loud music for kiddy ravers in the pool which almost made me kill myself since I had been in Pacha all night raving to Roger Sanchez.

We complained like hell and got transferred to a room nearer the beach which was bigger and more quiet.

But, it had a lot of palm trees outside which attracted mosquitoes. we were eaten alive. The room was bigger but the shower only fed salt water!!! we complained and were informed that all showers fed out salt water in ibiza. bollocks, we never encoutnered this before and proved it by having a shower at Bora Bora, which was not salty!

One morning we got caught with some friends in our room who came to visit. We were told they had to leave and if they stayed we had to pay an extra 50 euros per head! man they were visiting us!

They promised satellite tv in every room. This is Ibiza, fiesta hotels web site has a nice trancey track playing int he background. What channels did we get? Rai Uno (italian tv) cnn and spanish news. Imagine watching that when your on a comedown.

San Antonio seems to have the best hotels in my opinion. Hotel Bahia is brilliant, all apartments have livingrooms and bedrooms so if someone pulls on holiday they can have some privavy. They had mp3 players in every room that pumped out quality music all the time and a 24 hour bar where we could lounge about after clubbing.

Now why doesnt something like this exist in Ibiza Town. The closest we have found are Ocean Drive (well expensive!!!) and El Puerto, not very plush but good location and spacious rooms.

Has anyone stayed at the Pacha Hotel? If so whats it like? Es Vive looks good but only offers small rooms as far as I know...

The moral is to avoid any Fiesta Hotels...

fiesta hotels

I have been using them for over 15 years and never had a bad room but then if I wanted peace and quiet I would not go to the Bahamas hotel which attracts the noisier element. Your moan about TV - is that what you want to do when on Ibiza, I find it incredible that anyone would want to switch a TV on Ibiza. Your blaming fiesta hotels for having palm trees nearby on the beach which attract mozies is laughable and moaning about kids in the morning when you probably woke their parents when you crawled in around dawn is the height of cheek.
I once had a bunch of lads next door to me who said on their first night they were going to bang on my door when they got back between 4 and 5am - fine I said, I will be up about 6.am banging on your door and you will not get any sleep. I never heard a sound from them for a fortnight - moral, every is on Ibiza to enjoy themselves but that does not mean having to ruin it for others - rant over.

I’m blaming them for pumping out crappy music at 180 db at 10 am in the morning

I’m blaming them for pumping out salt water through he plumbing system

I’m blaming them for being greedy bastards and generally trying to squeeze as much money out of us as possible

I’m blaming them for pretending to be something they are not

I’m blaming them for not having MTV

We were a mature group of guys, we don't make noise, we were quiet, respectful of our neighbours, are clean and tidy at all times and are all fairly well travelled.

I've had the privilege to have travelled the Mediterranean quite extensively and stayed in a variety of holiday resorts in a variety of hotels. I can safely say that Bahamas has got to be the worst place I have ever stayed.

It’s just my experience of course, but is one based on 28 years of holidaying in the Mediterranean.

venom said:
I’m blaming them for pumping out crappy music at 180 db at 10 am in the morning

Hotel Bahia is brilliant, They had mp3 players in every room that pumped out quality music all the time -slight contradiction surely - and 10 am is well into the day for me

I’m blaming them for pumping out salt water through he plumbing system

Ibiza has little fresh water and most showers use salt water

I’m blaming them for being greedy bastards and generally trying to squeeze as much money out of us as possible

Does not compute

I’m blaming them for pretending to be something they are not

Does not compute

I’m blaming them for not having MTV

Why worry about not having a crap TV channel - I have several MTV channels at home and ignore them like the plague, mostly american crap

We were a mature group of guys, we don't make noise, we were quiet, respectful of our neighbours, are clean and tidy at all times and are all fairly well travelled.

Glad to hear it and apologise for jumping to conclusions

I've had the privilege to have travelled the Mediterranean quite extensively and stayed in a variety of holiday resorts in a variety of hotels. I can safely say that Bahamas has got to be the worst place I have ever stayed.

Lucky you - Ibiza is a very small island with LITTLE OR NO FRESH WATER and depends extensively on desalination plants

It’s just my experience of course, but is one based on 28 years of holidaying in the Mediterranean.

Ibiza is in the Mediterranean but not THE Mediterranean

I love the island, the hotels, the food, the weather, but most of all, the people especially in the countryside

We could continue this forever but basically each to their own - if you don't like it, go somewhere else and enjoy, thats what holidays are for :rolleyes:

Hey Tony, I didn't want to come over all harsh, I love Ibiza as much as everyone on this board; it's a great island.

The point I'm making is that last summer staying at the Fiesta Bahamas ruined my holiday. Now for families and such I’m sure its a great hotel, but when I booked I specifically made it clear that we were three mature guys who wanted a clubbing holiday.

The Fiesta Bahamas is not designed for clubbers. And for the money I paid I could have stayed somewhere else with more luxuries than were awarded to us by staying there.

I mentioned my travels around the med simply in response to your criticism that you had stayed at Fiesta hotels for 15 years and had nothing to complain. My response was simply to highlight that I am pretty well travelled and I know what makes a good hotel and what doesn’t. Last summer we paid more than we did the previous year where we stayed at a 4 star hotel, and you could tell it was four stars. Even though we paid more at Bahamas, I feel that we got less than we did from Hotel Bahia. And I’m basing my observations on experience.

Don't try and win the argument by making out I have a chip on my shoulder about Ibiza because I don’t. All I’m doing is giving my constructive criticism on what I experienced. If you don’t like my views than good luck to you.

i went to ibiza for the first time last year, i had salt water in the shower i just thought it was the norm out there :oops:

I've never been a believer in the old adage that a hotel is just a place to sleep. I think it is one of THE most important factors when booking a holiday. If you are prepared to spend €60 or more for a night out in a club because it has the best sound system, DJ's, atmosphere, and so on, then why not apply this principle to the hotels on the island?

Unfortunately there aren't that many hotels which cater specifically for the clubbing fraternity, why should there be when there a 12 months worth of overheads to cover in a 12 week clubbing season?
However there are hotels, apartments, hostels, country houses, villas, which are small enough to offer individual service for guests, do not have the standard package tour 'entertainment' and provide peace and quiet in a relaxed ambience.

There are so many of them on this very site. I must admit to being surprised myself by the number, quality, and variety of the places detailed. I'd certainly stay in many of them myself. With the availability of budget flights to Ibiza there is no excuse not to travel independently and spend a little bit extra on some great accommodation - just follow this link.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/hotel-guide/index.html

maybe the fiesta bahama's could invest some of their money in this:

http://www.filters4h2o.com/

If there is such a problem with salt water how comes there are numerous hotels that offer non-salty water. I mean the shower at Bora Bora doesnt have salt water. If any unit was going to run salt water you'd expect this one to.

yup,

Can also confirm salt water from showers in the past, what's the big deal???

If I was a hotel owner, and found "extra" guests in one of my rooms, I would try and emphasise that they were not entitled to stay for free. Try and see it from their side, they have probably seen every wheeze in the book, and act accordingly!!

I know how dissapointing it can be to stay somewhere that dosn't live up to what you expected, it happened to us lsat year. On the last night we were speaking to two middle aged sisters who had been staying in the Mira Mola for the past umpteen years and loved it!!! Each to their own.

Good point from Stephen re: how much we r willing to spend on clubs, and expecting the earth for a pittance from the hotels.

Can also sympathise if a hotel is advertising something they don't offer ie; the satteltite tv, but surely taking your own selection of tunes and a cd player is infinately better than listening to the drivel pumped out on MTV??

If you are woken @ 10am by the music, sounds like you were not partying hard enough to sustain a healthy sleep :D :D

Be happy
:D :D :D

I understand your comments and appreciate them. And I am not normally one to moan. Last summer was my fourth visit to Ibiza and previous to that we had never experienced any problems. I'm sure the points I raised may not come over as major disappointments to many, but they certainly did ruin our holiday and I will not be staying at any Fiesta Hotels again. Especially when there are so many other hotels and apartments to choose from!

venom said:
I will not be staying at any Fiesta Hotels again. Especially when there are so many other hotels and apartments to choose from!

That just about hits the nail on the head, we do have many to chose from, and if we find one that we like, chances are we will return year after year. Obviously some hotels do not factor the returning customer as an important part of their business.

I hope you find somewhere that you enjoy this year, and then you can tell us how good it was compared to last year, enjoy wherever you stay.
:D :D

Back