Avicii has died!

sad news. no matter if you liked levels etc or not, the guy had a crazy successful ride and 28 is far too young to go :(
Yes,I feel sorry for his family and friends.
Something else, i'm not a fan of his music but
as I'm living is his Country, as much as I know ,he was a nice guy.
He used to play at a friends bar in the baselement for 80 euro's a night.
YOU WERE LOVED

Last edited:
One of the first Djs to promote him was Roger Sanchez. Back then he produced / played as Tim Berg. I think that was around 2006/2007...

Little known hidden fact, very true though! I remember seeing him play a party for Roger in Miami back in 2009, called 'Strictly Miami' well before the Levels burst. Played a far far housier set than anyone would ever expect of 'Avicii' but i guess he wasn't even Avicii yet at that point.

I saw him play after Tiesto at LG arena about ten years ago as Tim Berg. Decent music, Tiesto was tiltering on commercial side then but still played his classics.

His stuff as Avicii was shite though. Still 28 no age. RIP

Little known hidden fact, very true though! I remember seeing him play a party for Roger in Miami back in 2009, called 'Strictly Miami' well before the Levels burst. Played a far far housier set than anyone would ever expect of 'Avicii' but i guess he wasn't even Avicii yet at that point.

Ok, I was wrong. It was indeed around 2009 / 2010.

My favourite ever artist in dance music. His songs touched so many, so sad and tragic. Rest in peace to a legend.

Just spoke to his mothers friend don't ask me how she's feeling. ......
The circumstances are absolutely heartbreaking especially after watching the documentary. Had been so excited for the next album he was planning for the last couple of years aswell.

Obv very tragic on a personal level. Out of respect i’ll keep my opinions quiet on his actual legacy. A mate of mine made a good point last night. Obv to all of us edm is the spawn of satan but to the kids, this guy probably meant the world. Maybe for some, this is like their lennon, knuckles or bowie moment and so who are we to deny them that? It’s a parallel universe but i imagine the emotions are exactly the same

Not into EDM these days but saw him at Ushuaia with all of my mates in around 2013 and it was one of the best days of my life. RIP no age at all.

Yep - I first met him at Space (Miami) in 2010 during Pete Tong's Sat night WMC party... he had the table next to us and I didn't really know of him at that time. We were chatting and he's like 'i have to go play a quick set' which he then played a very good deep house set at 7am on the Space terrace amongs djs like Tong, Deep Dish, etc. ... of course within a year he had started to blow up with the more melodic commercial stuff.

Last edited:
Back