Aussies in Ibiza...

Hey People :D

dicoplayer and Nakded Age - dudes, its awesome to see other Aussies heading out that way in 05. I have my Contiki ticket booked and am leaving on April 26 for a whirlwind tour of Europe. My trip finishes on May 9th in Barcelona and then then plan is to catch a ferry to Ibiza and make my way to San Antonio in the hope of finding work and a place to crash.
I was told there is some English pub in San Antonio were there is a noticeboard with jobs/accomodation etc.

I gotta say this forum is a wicked place allowing us to chat with like minded people. And as for the Syd vs Melb debate - i guess we are just gonna have to put our differences aside and agree that Sydney is THE place to be. hahahahaha or perhaps not considering that my life at the moment revolves around working 24hrs a day to save for this trip.

Keep in touch folks.

MSN thingy is zac_galevski@hotmail.com

thrill_seeka said:
I was told there is some English pub in San Antonio were there is a noticeboard with jobs/accomodation etc.

yeah that pub is called '' The Ship Inn'' its @ the top of the west end,...basically ask anyone in sight and they'll know where it is ;)

see u there :D

Makka - dude, thanks soo much for the advice. You gonna be down there in 05 as well? in San Ant...if so a bunch of us should arrange to have a "Welcome" drinks at one of the pubs...u know get the festivities started before everyone starts flocking to the island.

I will be in San Ant on 9th of May onwards.

I hope i make it considering the state i will be in during the Contiki tour.

Of to sleep now - its like 2am here in Sydney and i am on the freakin' net. Start work in 3 hours. Gotta get some sleep.

Cya peoples. :D

"Go hard or go home"

Yeah im def out there @ some point in the season,...it all depends on funds as to when.

im gonna be in the USA for my 21st which is june time,...so from january 1st im gonna be working like a biatch to fund them both.

if all go's well i hope to have enough funds for:

1: Trip to ibiza (weekend) for some opening parties

2: Trip to the USA for my 21st

3: Trip to ibiza (holiday for one week) then work out there till the end, hopefully @ the same place as last yr :D

def hook up @ some point bud

I'm from the northern suburbs down here, about 15 mins drive from the city. I dont think i'll be able to afford Ibiza, in 2005, but by 2006 yes, see's how lucky I am in 2005 ;) but yeah, I wanna do like a working holiday, but I wanna dj there, at some big mssive places, like space and everywhere and come back to melbourne, and blow it up the asses of melbourne promoters. See, I'm in desperate need of a holiday, (seeming as I've never been on one) but like, thing is, if I go to Ibiza, it'll have to be for work reasons, to dj.. Which then, doesn't really make it a holiday. But I'd dare call it work, cos its all fun. But yeah, so in that context, if anyone knows who to send demos to, let me know. Club owners, or, even punters.

Naked Age - you krazy bastard. :D

Just get down there in 05. Save enough for the air ticket and get your ass down there and just let things be. 2006 is tooo far away and anything could happen between now and then...
Sooo Nth Beaches hey???????????
I am a southie here - Cronulla.

Zac

Lol I dont have the cash for 2005, I gotta get a car first so that if i can go in 2006, when I return I can still get to work, IF I return.. I'm throwing a beach party on the 18th at elwood, its not ibiza, but f***en, might as well be :D BEACH BEACH BEACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH gonna get done hard for it :cry: Oh welllllllllllllll. Whens this Ibiza season thing everyone talks about for 2005? and how much does it cost roughly to go there? Cos I MIGHT be able to make it in $2005 if i save incredibly hard. But I want gigs there, I don't wanna go if I'm not gonna play, cos then I will see other Djs, and get jealous of their gigs, and then have to make another voyage, and save again, and like eventually It'll keep happening that way till I get married and have no money for a house or nothing cos I spent it being with ibizians. So I needa get the most out of the one trip right from the get go.

NakedAge said:
Lol I dont have the cash for 2005, I gotta get a car first so that if i can go in 2006, when I return I can still get to work, IF I return.. I'm throwing a beach party on the 18th at elwood, its not ibiza, but *beep*, might as well be :D BEACH BEACH BEACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH gonna get done hard for it :cry: Oh welllllllllllllll. Whens this Ibiza season thing everyone talks about for 2005? and how much does it cost roughly to go there? Cos I MIGHT be able to make it in $2005 if i save incredibly hard. But I want gigs there, I don't wanna go if I'm not gonna play, cos then I will see other Djs, and get jealous of their gigs, and then have to make another voyage, and save again, and like eventually It'll keep happening that way till I get married and have no money for a house or nothing cos I spent it being with ibizians. So I needa get the most out of the one trip right from the get go.

??????????????

f*** yeah :D only if u show me these tits of yours that u speak of though :D j/k na anyone can come, were not promoting it though, like basically we r telling the cops 'we bought music down, cos the council said we coul" (which they did, legitimately) and the we say "all these people just came to the beach, to be at the beach"

So yeah, come along, have a boogie. Though I'm only staying till 5, then I gotta jett off to work. I'll be the guy in the funky Hawaiin styled shirt with a homie on the back of it.

As for Ibiza, well, if sending demos worked @ bubble down here, it MIGHT just work at Ibiza :D

Hey guys. Im an Aussie living in london at the moment, and im keen to a season this summer in Ibiza.
I gather from the posts its just easiest to get there early as possible and look for work and accomodation? ( luckily i have an EU passport aswell , benifits of my old man being a pom :)
Just wondering whats the cheapest way to get there from the UK? i looked on easy jet and the earliest flight they seemed to have was on the 7th of May? is that early enough i was thinking it would be better to get there late april possibly? what other options do i have?

Is it quite easy at this time to get jobs, i am only looking for kitchen/bar work, but would be open doing anything given to me.

Im most likely going solo, so if anyone wants to email me maybe to look into meeting up to get shared accomodation that would be great.

And any advice as to were to go when i arrive to get tempory accmodation and were to look for work on the island?

Thanks Heaps
Adam.

Back