Aussies in Ibiza...

thrill_seeka

Im here in sunny Sydney, Australia. I havent seen much of the sun as i am working my tits off - trying to save for Ibiza 05. (2 bar jobs at present and part - time gym work)
Wanted to know if many aussies make their way to the island for those of you who have been b4.

Cheers,

Zac

whilst i was working out there i come across more than i thought i would,...most of which were travelling the world and ibiza was one of there destinations,..when go to ibiza be sure to check out a bar called Hogans, its a Australian bar and the decor would suit u down to the ground lol.

enjoy

i've just deleted mcbain's somewhat derogatory post because it insulted our australian friends

i've met australians in ibiza and all were very friendly and just up for a fun time but i believe there are issues with non-europeans having working holidays in europe. i'm sure stephen will correct me if i got it wrong (again!) :lol:

correct stuie

non european community citizens (apart from some south amercian countries) need all sorts of paperwork to work in spain legally. we have a section on it in our help advice section....and i'd just like to congratulate the pommie bastards for wiping the floor with the aussies at wigan on saturday!

stephen said:
i've just deleted mcbain's somewhat derogatory post because it insulted our australian friends

** edited my post now,....to prevent me looking like a fool ;) **

Aussie Aussie Aussie - Oi Oi Oi!

Cheers, All.

Yeh i think trying to find a job in Ibiza "legally" is too much of a hassle from this corner in the world.
Might just enjoy the island for a while and see what happens.

Are most of you headind down for O5 season?

Zac

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie - Oi Oi Oi!

thrill_seeka said:
Are most of you headind down for O5 season?

u shall certainly see me working out there @ some point in the season. 8)

Makka - i look forward to it mate.
I cant beleive we still got another 6 months or so to go.

This bar - Hogans. Is it in San Antonio or Ibiza Town?

Zac

arrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

PLEASE dont go to that aussie bar!!!! ibiza is in SPAIN!!!!! go 2 a spanish bar instead & enjoy a san miguel or sangria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

hahahaah.. i hear you man...

i will spend 24 hours on a plane travelling to the otherside of the world just to drink VB in an Aussie Pub. Sounds silly ey?

But i think it will be a good place for me to go to if i get homesik and maybe i can use my aussie accent and talk them into given me a job. And before you know it i will be saying "Gday mate" and pulling pints of VB for all you chaps.

Stuie - thanks for the info man.

Hope to have a sangria with all you great people while over there. Has anyone organised like a group to meet or something like that?

Zac

thrill_seeka said:
Hope to have a sangria with all you great people while over there. Has anyone organised like a group to meet or something like that?
Zac

bit early for that yet,...usually gets dicussed when the season is approaching.

watch this space ;)

thrill_seeka said:

Zac

i'll have a san miguel & chat about how melburn kicks arse all over sydney with ya thrill-seeka!!!!!! ;) but you are NEVER getting me 2 that aussie pub in a million years....

see you round the traps fellow OKKA ;)

its spelt Melbourne mate ;) I was born in Melbourne and have lived here all my life. Its literally the best place in the world, got voted most liveable city in the world along with 3 others. Sometimes I think "who needs Ibiza when you live in Melbourne?" But I am still dieing to check out Ibiza. Like I said I've been living in Melbourne my whole life, and having never left Australia, I'm a little sick of it here. As great as it is, I wanna see what the rest of the world has to offer. Get some culture shock and break the limits of my comfort zones. I'm thinking maybe I could become an Ausie Male Order Groom and marry some hot Ibiza chick and then be able to live there :D na i'm kidding, though I'm very curious about living and working in Ibiza. Melbourne has become too much hassle for me. I read the other thread about obtaining documents, mate, sounds like a tonne of work, but, whats the life style like? See down here what I hate is, its all work work work. You need to work your nuts off to make a living, because the prime minister says were in out best economic form, but down at the peoples levels its become really hard, and so everyone has to work really hard, and is always on edge and stuff. I wanna go where nice.

NakedAge said:
its spelt Melbourne mate ;) I was born in Melbourne and have lived here all my life. Its literally the best place in the world, got voted most liveable city in the world along with 3 others. Sometimes I think "who needs Ibiza when you live in Melbourne?" But I am still dieing to check out Ibiza. Like I said I've been living in Melbourne my whole life, and having never left Australia, I'm a little sick of it here. As great as it is, I wanna see what the rest of the world has to offer. Get some culture shock and break the limits of my comfort zones. I'm thinking maybe I could become an Ausie Male Order Groom and marry some hot Ibiza chick and then be able to live there :D na i'm kidding, though I'm very curious about living and working in Ibiza. Melbourne has become too much hassle for me. I read the other thread about obtaining documents, mate, sounds like a tonne of work, but, whats the life style like? See down here what I hate is, its all work work work. You need to work your nuts off to make a living, because the prime minister says were in out best economic form, but down at the peoples levels its become really hard, and so everyone has to work really hard, and is always on edge and stuff. I wanna go where nice.

is it really spelt melbourne nakedage?
REALLY?
no shit!!!!!!!!! :p

so you want 2 go 2 ibiza hay?
THEN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

i am packing up my life here in melbourne (the world's most liveable city) & heading over 2 beeefa to live next season 4 2 or 3 years. i LOVE melburn but i am OVER IT to the point of not wanting 2b here anymore.... the lifestyle in spain is so very different..... the attitude's are different, the food, the boys :twisted: only problem with ibiza is it has NO SURF whatsoever..... :x

if you decide 2 "take the chance" & see what it's all about... let me know... maybe we can hook up & i may be able to help you with work? you dont REALLY need papers 2 work there u know...... ;)

discoplayer said:
only problem with ibiza is it has NO SURF whatsoever..... :x
u say that but whilst i was working out there this season there was this one particular day in early september where the wind was up,...with an on shore wind flow this actually caused quite a swell and waves were at a nice size! ,.... well not bad for ibiza,....nothing compared to Melbourne.
shame i didnt have my board,....ended up using a lilow :lol: sooo fun!

one hopes this will happen next season :D

discoplayer said:
NakedAge said:

REALLY?

i am packing up my life here in melbourne (the world's most liveable city) & heading over 2 beeefa to live next season 4 2 or 3 years. i LOVE melburn but i am OVER IT to the point of not wanting 2b here anymore.... the lifestyle in spain is so very different..... the attitude's are different, the food, the boys :twisted: only problem with ibiza is it has NO SURF whatsoever..... :x

if you decide 2 "take the chance" & see what it's all about... let me know... maybe we can hook up & i may be able to help you with work? you dont REALLY need papers 2 work there u know...... ;)

hehehe well, I need to save, but yeah I'd let ya know, It'd be nice to know someone there. If the boys r different, are the girls aswell? I soooo wouldn't mind getting me a hot latina women. What I wanna do is, maybe like, tour ibiza, get a villa or something there so i can go every summer. Then go to italy, and spain, germany but only for the love parade, and other places to .. I'd love to go to Jamaica and Brazil and Paris and Madrid aswell.

NakedAge said:
discoplayer said:
NakedAge said:

REALLY?

hehehe well, I need to save, but yeah I'd let ya know, It'd be nice to know someone there. If the boys r different, are the girls aswell? I soooo wouldn't mind getting me a hot latina women. What I wanna do is, maybe like, tour ibiza, get a villa or something there so i can go every summer. Then go to italy, and spain, germany but only for the love parade, and other places to .. I'd love to go to Jamaica and Brazil and Paris and Madrid aswell.

if you manage 2 save enough 4 the villa i will come & visit you no problem nakedage!!! 8) hehehe.... we can throw private parties there.... :twisted: what do ya reckon?

so where from melburn are you anyways?

Back