Attitude In Pacha

Hey Gaz, agree with you entirely.

BUT, leave the northener $hit out :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Get your arse to Sheffield and we'll show you who's cool, you small minded pr**k.

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, back to the subject.

We've never had a problem with bare staff in Pacha. Last year me and my mate went to Subliminal (left the girls at home - their choice ;) ) and got great service from the 2 ladies in the funky room. They fetched and carried our drinks all night without expecting tips.

Same at El Divino - staff were great.

Now Space staff - oh dear, oh dear :evil:

Another reason we like Dome Bar so much is the friendly staff, especially the waitress with the fuzzy hair. Despite the place getting rammed most nights she still remembers our drinks :eek:

If you think people have an attitude just remember they see the same stuff all summer, if you take a little time to talk to them (when they're not busy) without sounding like you're coming on to them, they often seem quite relaxed and friendly.

Gaz, your blatant prejudice to the north is just another form of the xenophobia your message refers to.

There are Cockney Beer Boys, Essex Beer Boys as well as Northern Beer Boys.

And what relevance your rant had to the initial question - i don't know. Neither Pacha, Space or Privilege suffered from the "sort" you refer to when i was there last month. I think you're after Faliraki Spotlight.

Never mind, eh - Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

I just think that people in UK (and especially Scotland and the North of England) are overly polite.

For example, if you accidently bump into someone in a club up here, not only will I apologise straght away but usually the person you walked into does so too!

However in ibiza (and especially the Spanish) if they push into someone they don't even acknowledge the fact which tends to wind me up a bit. I found Pacha to be especially bad for this with people barging past you as though you didn't even exist.

The only thing that pissed me off about Pacha was that when i was there on a Friday night as the place started to fill up we were turfed off the free seating (not the V.I.P area) because they had obivously double booked a couple of tables. No apology, just pretty much told to f*** off by a member of staff and they was absolutely nowhere to sit down at one point.

saucer said:
How do I do quotes??? :confused:

Anyway you may have read in my review about the staff attitude in Pure Pacha...what I meant was the staff.
One male member of staff went to take my water which had about an inck of water in it (a lot at Pacha prices)...when I said I wanted to finish it he shoke in front of my face as if to imply it was empty before putting it down again and walked off :x
Later when we were on the terrace and got a drink ( in order to be allowed to sit down on the nice seats) the girl who was waitressing had a really pissy dismissive attitude...I mean chill out 8)

haha, you should have told him that inch is worth about 3 euros in club land! :)

Space - loved the crowd...so many smiling happy people! It was pure bliss! :D 8)
Pacha - better during the week although there were quite a few pretentious pricks loitering around, mainly Spanish. The dance floor was rammed. I mostly stayed up on the balcony over the DJ booth so didnt bother me cause everyone was avin it up there.
Amnesia - too many beer boys for me. :x

As far as bar staff go some were happy to help you and some werent. Pacha probably the worst but it was never a problem getting a drink. Just an attitude thing i guess :rolleyes:

my moto if you get attitude from staff give attitude to them, not rude or swearing or anything that gets you kicked out, just some wicked cunning british sarcasam, you know wot i mean

makes me giggle when they dont know wot your on about :D :lol:

In all my years of visiting Ibiza this is how I found staff in various places

Amnesia-The worse bar staff in the world-they must employ people with huge attitude & they always tend to be chatting to their luvie mates.

Space-Always really friendly considering the monged out messes they have to deal with but the doormen are always scary.

Priviledge-Seem ok most of the time

Pacha-depends who you get some are pleasant some are full of attitude

DC10-as for Space

Eden-can't remember

Salinas most bars-attitude to English & suck upto rich Germans

Mamabo,Savanna & Sugar Sea-always polite and helpful esp Sugar Sea

Cafe Del Mar-never go in for a drink as I stay in appartment above so can get the atmosphere & drink supermarket stuff

Bar M-depends who you get. I remeber 1 year when a girl worked the small bar on her own & she only seemed to serve people she knew(mainly dealers I think!)

klingclubber said:
my moto if you get attitude from staff give attitude to them, not rude or swearing or anything that gets you kicked out, just some wicked cunning british sarcasam, you know wot i mean

It's not easy to be witty when your spannered though. :)

Rhys said:
klingclubber said:

It's not easy to be witty when your spannered though. :)

true but you can pull it together for 2 mins if someones pi$$ed you off, at least i know i can, i sober up for those 2 mins give it em back and skip off laughing and back to me canned :D

I had a banging night in Pacha but yeah I experienced a wee bit of crap....I went to sit down and some minging trollop told me rather sternly I had to buy 2 bottles at least to sit down.....Now dont get me wrong..thought the club was good but xxxx me, the upstairs bit outside smelt like a rat and the whole vermin massive died up there!!!!!!!!!!

Also the toilets were disgusting with a rather ghastly looking runny jobie steamin' on one of the seats :eek: :eek: :eek: ......

So I dont know how some people working in places like this can get aroused and use the people that pay their wages as a springboard to launch themselves on to an ego trip :?: :?: .....DICKHEADS....

For me the highlight was the atmosphere created by loadsa party people which really shows ya one thing.Its not where yo boogie yo ass ,It's who you boogie yo ass with girlfriend......GO JERRY ........GO JERRY.GO JERRY ........GO JERRY.GO JERRY ........GO JERRY.GO JERRY ........GO JERRY.GO JERRY ........GO JERRY.GO JERRY ........GO JERRY.GO JERRY ........GO JERRY.GO JERRY ........GO JERRY.

Till September......Take care of yourselves........AND each other.....

klingclubber said:
ooh you'll have one harry no question :D

last time i went pacha ibiza, i had a great time even though the music wasnt my thing.

i get there on a saturday, so i plan to sander k at pacha on that first night. then do space in the morning and then in the evening. and then dc10 on monday morning.

haha, man - i cannot wait to get out there again. last time was a couple of years back. its been too long.

also:

i heard the Base Bar has changed its name. is that true? i dont suppose 'franco the italian stallion' works there anymore :rolleyes: ;)

me neither my type of music but i had a GREAT tim when i was there! really honestly i did! the place is gorgeous and the atmosphere was smashing!

HarryHotspur said:
klingclubber said:
ooh you'll have one harry no question :D
last time i went pacha ibiza, i had a great time even though the music wasnt my thing.

i get there on a saturday, so i plan to sander k at pacha on that first night. then do space in the morning and then in the evening. and then dc10 on monday morning.

haha, man - i cannot wait to get out there again. last time was a couple of years back. its been too long.

also:

i heard the Base Bar has changed its name. is that true? i dont suppose 'franco the italian stallion' works there anymore :rolleyes: ;)

exactly well harry it sounds like u got it all sorted mate!! nice one, you'll have an absolute BLAST and if you haven't been for a couple of years, its gonna be double as special for you

base bar hasn't changed its name (not that i know of) but its moved just further down to where the old one was, a bigger venue

franco the italian stallion, not when i was there last year :?: 8) :p

Back