atlantis? (the hidden beach)

Hayden_nts

has anyone been over to atlantis and if so where is it on the island, seen pictures so know iy exists but apparently its hard to find and the locals wont really give away the location...suppose to be a beauty tho

has anyone been over to atlantis and if so where is it on the island, seen pictures so know iy exists but apparently its hard to find and the locals wont really give away the location...suppose to be a beauty tho

I went a few weeks ago when I was out in Ibiza! Its the most beautiful place I have ever been. I am not sure exactly how to get there, as I wasn't really paying attention to the roads when we where driving. I could find out though! When you do arrive there is a long steep rocky hill to climb down, follwed by a couple of hundered metres of steep sand. Its easy to climb down, but a struggle on the way back up. Totally worth it however, but would recommend that if you do go, go early and leave an hour before sunset! I will try and find out the loaction for you.

We eventually found it, now we know why it is called the ROUGH Guide!! Its not a beach, its the remains of the 1000 year old quarry that Dalt Vila was built from.

The hippy art is great but WHY do people carve their effin names?

17dere2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that difficlt to find with a guide and a map ( I rec the Directions/Rough Guide!). Simply otherworldly part of the island, supernatural beauty

would love to find this. does anyone have any pictures of it as i cant remember where i stumbled across them on the site last time

would love to find this. does anyone have any pictures of it as i cant remember where i stumbled across them on the site last time

If you go up to the tower that looks onto ES VEDRA,its down to the left hand side of the tower!!
:D

ok, dont go up to the tower as its almost impossible to get down to atlantis from there. You need to drive towards the tower then take a left before you get to the viewpoint up a little mud track. There is then kind of a car park, go through the gate and at the edge of the cliff you will see the path down. Its a long way down mind, but worth it. i nearly passed out getting back up so take some water!!! xx

Beware

There are good reasons why no one will put up signs to get there or give accurate directions, Firstly because no one wants the natural beauty of the place spoiled by hundreds or maybe thousands of people trekking down there and possibly destroying the place. Secondly because it can be quite dangerous to get down there. i am a fit, healthy person but made the mistake of not taking enough liquids when i first went, almost didnt make it back in the heat !! It is a steep and long trek to get down from the top so make sure you have water and that you take time to cool off a bit when you get there before the climb back up. The watch tower is another amazing place if you can find your way up, it has great views directly down the cliffs to Atlantis and also of Es Vedra but as mentioned in the previous post, you cannot get down from the watch tower to Atlantis directly, it is sheer cliffs of 300ft plus !
i aim to go again this year and will be compiling a short home made documentary on the island which will include my climb down to Atlantis so watch this space. Check out the pic on www.andykiddmusic.com of the view from Atlantis, i will be posting more there very soon.
good luck if you try to find it

:arrow: to everyone asking where is atlantis.

if you search for atlantis on here, there are many threads that provide the answer.

Boats

I seem to remember that boats can be hired from Cal D'hort but i think they are only small rowing/canoe type things. i personally wouldn't take one of these as you have to make it round the headland before you hit Atlantis. I have a pic somewhere taken from Cala D'Hort which looks up to the watch tower, it shows the distance you would need to go to get there as Atlantis is just below. Will get it uploaded soon. If you get to Cala D'Hort you are getting close !

atlantis is an absolute nightmare to go back up the hill from - ive been about 3 times and every time i say "never again i'm going by boat next time"

the problem is the sand - its seriously not for the unfit - do NOT take beer etc down - you will regret getting pissed and trying to get back up the hill - the only time weve gone is around january when the weather is good but its not baking hot

but its a stunning place

DSC00078.jpg

(if anyone recognises the logo its because i used to run that website - the photos are mine)

Those who had hiked to Atlantis were pretty miffed to see us showing up in boats!

Where did you get the boat from? I saw Atlantis listed on the boat hire place at Cala d'Hort this year - but never actually saw anyone around to hire one from!

Back