Arty Bars

back to the subject. ibiza is a magical place and was so many years ago. the arrival of djs and clubs has not made it any more magical. there are less tourists now and have been every year since the late 80's - significantly when british promoters brought clubbers to the island. sure ibiza is famous for its clubbing scene - it is also infamous for it. it has put more people off coming here than it has ever attracted. every holiday programme i watch on tv goes to great lengths to stress that ibiza is not just a young person's island. something i do myself for the benefit of people drifting on to this site who think that only clubbing goes on here.
i've said before that ibiza is big enough to hold everybody, be it clubbers, families, yachtsmen, bikers, gays, and the people who live here. and it's big enough that if you don't want to join in with the other groups activities you don't have to.
there.

:p I love the island no matter when.... I love the winter when I can take the doggies to the beach and there's hardly anyone but us and I love the summer when everyone I've met in all those years is coming back. And I love clubbing, too (I admit there's only a couple of parties left that I would consider glamourous but there still are some and I always enjoy myself brilliantly). And I understand everyone who's only coming for disco and beach, I was no different when I was 18 ;) . Stephen's attitude towards all this seems a bit radical to me, he obviously never enjoyed clubbing, okay, but he could at least accept that there are people with a different opinion who, btw, bring loads of money to the island every summer season. IMHO a moderator of this forum should be much more open-minded and not that judgemental :evil: . And having lived on the island for an eternity still doesn't make an Englishman an Ibicenco who can go like "omg, the bloody summer tourists are coming again", cause somehow, at least in my book, the Englishman is still a GUEST on the island himself, and residencia doesn't change that. :p

i don't think you read my post.

i said ibiza is for everybody.
i don't think this is a radical attitude.

answer to $64.000 doller question

yes with out a evan having to think about ibiza in it's slef is magical any way.

but if their where no clubs it would probley have takern me longer to come across it.

but as clubs are big part of the experiance it would not be the same for me. guess i would have to try it first.

Back