Arsenal v Spurs Tonight

Buckley

From my mate who gets right into detail on these things

"Harry's record against Arsenal is even worse that Spurs' with only 2 wins in 28 games and the last of those in 1999. He privately considers away games against the Big 4 to be unwinable and thinks a point is the most any team could realistically hope for. A stronger Pompey team than the Spurs team playing tonight last season played a very negative 4-5-1 with Kanu isolated against Arsenal as the 3 centre midfielders all sat to deny Arsenal space... and this was a Pompey home game! i'm pretty sure Spurs will do the same again tonight as a 1-0 battling defeat or a 1-1/0-0 draw would keep the morale up and momentum going from beating a very poor Bolton side... I can't see how Harry will keep to his "we'll have a go at them" statement from the other day and risk getting turned over 4 or 5-0. If Spurs get their draw, when the face Liverpool at home on Saturday, the team talk will be a lot easier having taken 4 points from 2 games."

Anyone think Spurs will go for a win?

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on his team selection. Esp the midfield.

Needs a bit of bite and pace. sadly, not something Spurs have in abundance.

Still 'Arry could well go for it and go all out.

Will be an interesting game, i'm looking forward to going8)

just look at the names back in the squad!

the forgotten men are back. dont be surprised in Ghaly starts.

fabregas - "our ladies team could easily beat spurs at the moment" :lol:

But you couldnt beat Hull could you, little idiot. :spank:

Think spurs will get a draw or nick a win, i hope so anyway ;)

Will be having 3-1 Arsenal with young Cesc to score first. Mark my words, bearing in mind I had Barton to score first last night and 2 - 1 Toon.

Howaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

".....i'm pretty sure Spurs will do the same again tonight as a 1-0 battling defeat or a 1-1/0-0 draw would keep the morale up...........can't see how Harry will keep to his "we'll have a go at them" statement from the other day and risk getting turned over 4 or 5-0."

bet ya alan hansen is ****ting himself:lol::lol:

"Harry's record against Arsenal is even worse that Spurs' with only 2 wins in 28 games and the last of those in 1999. He privately considers away games against the Big 4 to be unwinable and thinks a point is the most any team could realistically hope for. A stronger Pompey team than the Spurs team playing tonight last season played a very negative 4-5-1 with Kanu isolated against Arsenal as the 3 centre midfielders all sat to deny Arsenal space... and this was a Pompey home game! i'm pretty sure Spurs will do the same again tonight as a 1-0 battling defeat or a 1-1/0-0 draw would keep the morale up and momentum going from beating a very poor Bolton side... I can't see how Harry will keep to his "we'll have a go at them" statement from the other day and risk getting turned over 4 or 5-0. If Spurs get their draw, when the face Liverpool at home on Saturday, the team talk will be a lot easier having taken 4 points from 2 games."

Anyone think Spurs will go for a win?

Jim?!:lol:

Awesome game :D

Most exciting match between to English clubs since Liv-Hammers cup final.

Most exciting match between to English clubs since Liv-Hammers cup final.
Really was some wild stuff! I tuned into the last 15m of the first half (during Chelsea v Hull halftime) and when Arsenal scored to level 1-1 they truly looked on their way to dominating the rest of the match.

Then tuned back in for the last 15 minutes when, at 4-2, Arsenal looked firmly in control of the match. Then all of a sudden, Spurs came alive! Redknapp looked as surprised as anyone when they scored :lol:

I jokingly said to my mate at 3-1 that it would end up 4-4 like the Villareal Atletico Madrid game at the weekend, didn't really think it would!

Back