Arsenal v Liverpool

Great game. As a neutral it had me on the edge of the seat all game
I do think it was a penalty though (as was the one at the Emirates)

One thing, why on earth did Wenger bring on Senderos and move Toure to right back. Wouldnt it have been better to keep Gallas and Toure centreback put Eboue right back and start with Walcott on the right wing?
Strange.

ZZzzzz... not looking forward to the semi final with Chelsea though

As for tonight, if we don't make it through every player deserves to be strung up!!

Jjinit, you'll be glad to know there's rumours Ronaldinho is considering the Man City offer. Apparently they've sent him a portfolio discussing their big plans for the future :lol:

Jjinit, you'll be glad to know there's rumours Ronaldinho is considering the Man City offer. Apparently they've sent him a portfolio discussing their big plans for the future :lol:

I dont know where this one has come from........well actually I do, there were a number of ex Brasilian legends at the City v Chelsea game, also there was Ronaldinhos brother, next thing Sven gets asked about Ronaldinho and says that if Mr Shinawatra was to buy him then he would find a place for him in the team (as any manager would) Then the next thing you know we are putting in a bid for him............amazing player but i cant see it to be honest ....now dos Santos....that might be a possibilty ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm still waiting for us to get eto'o, although if thierry is unsettled, i'd love to see him in all red.

can't see him coming back to another english club mind. what a player.

i'm still waiting for us to get eto'o, although if thierry is unsettled, i'd love to see him in all red.

Dunno. Not sure he is the same player he was 3 years ago or so. I know he has had his injuries etc but also if he is struggling to be motivated at Barca then where will he be motivated.
If he is not happy where he is playing then he should roll up the sleeves and get on with it. Look at Eidur he ain't sulked once and has done well when played for Barca but he ain't moaned when not playing.I know talking about 2 different types of player and person but Henry now is not the big fish he was at the @rse and just one of many stars. Plus i'm sure Eidur is grateful for the opportunity to play at such a club and live in lovely climate etc. Henry needs to just get on with it and prove he xan be the player he once was. Don't get me wrong wouldn't mind over the Hammers but seriously would any of the top 4 English Clubs want or need him?? Think it'd be just another ego to massage now and then!

Now Eto there is a goal machine!! 8) On his day possibly the best in Europe!

newsflash: Ronaldinho for Spurs this summer. ;)

Have him. For what will be paid in transfer and wages there are far better players to go for. Don't get me wrong he is a fantastic player but how do you motivate a player who has more dough than will ever need and has won everything in the game? I don't think running out a White Hart Lane will somehow. However the other side of the coin is how much you will earn from ticket sales and shirt sales which will more or less pay a huge chunk of the salary.

Have him. For what will be paid in transfer and wages there are far better players to go for. Don't get me wrong he is a fantastic player but how do you motivate a player who has more dough than will ever need and has won everything in the game? I don't think running out a White Hart Lane will somehow. However the other side of the coin is how much you will earn from ticket sales and shirt sales which will more or less pay a huge chunk of the salary.

had this convo with friends gonner bf.

he reckons the worst signing that we have made in the last 4 yrs was Comolli... talk about over-egging CV...

if anything has been proven for us, is that quantity means nothing to us. we need 2 or 3 quality signings.

id rather spunk £50m on Ronaldhino, than pay the likes of Kevin Pooteng £20k p/w...

which begs thw question, where the hell do we get all our money from? theres only so many bits of tatt you can sell on a matchday

Yeah Liverpool always do better with the second leg at home so it's not ideal playing at anfield in the first leg....

We'll still turn you over though :p

Yeah Liverpool always do better with the second leg at home so it's not ideal playing at anfield in the first leg....

We'll still turn you over though :p

:confused: sorry but that is wrong. just cos the draw has come out with an away leg first more often that not for us over the last few years, then it doesn't mean we can't do it at home first.

in the 05 run, 2 out of the 3 knockouts were home first (leverkusen, juve).

last year, we didn't have any knockout games home first.

this year, we've polished off inter playing at home first.

in fact, in the last 4 seasons, the only 2 leg tie we have lost is one in which we did play at home 2nd (porto 06)

Play away second leg is better. You know exactly what you have to do and with the away goals counting as double I would prefer second leg away. Plus Chelsea isn't an intimidating place to go so.
However i've had a sneaky for Chelsea since the start of the tournament. Mind you I backed Real Madrid to win it at the start so what do I know!!;)

In my humble opinion, the winner is coming from the other Semi!!

Fcukin hope so!
Just think Chelsea are too strong physically and just will wear down their oppponents. Think Utd Barcelona had the potential to be probably an amazing final. However Liverpool Man Ure would be an amazing spectacle too.
Saying that any of the possible final scenarios are going to be spicey.

It won't be a great match for neutrals, but we'll grind out a win.... a la FA Cup final last year.

My sincere apologies in advance for any boredom you may experience while watching the final.

But the party afterwards is going to rock!

It won't be a great match for neutrals, but we'll grind out a win.... a la FA Cup final last year.

My sincere apologies in advance for any boredom you may experience while watching the final.

But the party afterwards is going to rock!

It's all about the winning now at this stage! Apology accepted. ;)

Back