Are the crowds still going to Ibiza in 2009?

Wakey

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone has been to Ibiza yet, and if so, how busy is it in relation to previous years?

Going with a few friends in September 12th to 19th. Do you reckon it will still be pretty busy around this time? Went around the same time in 2007 and there were still a fair few people there, but with the credit crunch and all...

Cheers

Been already,quiet time obviously but no different to previous years.
september will be fine,everything will still be open,if there are a few less people about why should you care?
You do your own thing,right?

Yeah I do my own thing but I still don't want it to be empty. I still want there to be a good vibe. I'd party by myself in my living room otherwise lol.

You say you have been before around this time,I reckon even if overall numbers are down you won't really notice that much of a difference!
If by some chance I am completely wrong,and things are not meeting your expectations,you are maybe dissapointed with your usual choices,look to somewhere else!
Always surprises out there!!

EDIT: I mean by 'usual choices' your previous haunts,clubs,resorts,beaches,whatever!
Of course you will go to Ibiza...

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely going, since there is no substitute to Ibiza. I trust what you say, I was just a little paranoid, thats all.

I will be going mid october,I will be watching the storms and the beaches getting washed away!
Far less people about then,am I crazy?
For me it's all about the island,the people you are with and the people you meet.

(mind you,hoping to get there in august as well)

Could not care less how many people go. Im still going my 4th time, I don't let numbers put me off.................. It's Ibiza!!

As I mentioned on a similar thread.... for the opening parties the clubs were full.
But in general the Island was very quiet, I would say quieter than normal for this time of year (even though it is still very early in the season).
A lot of orange banders amoungst those there as well...which doesn't contribute much to the Island economy.
Slowest start to the season in 12 years for my ex's shop in Santa Eulalia. But sometimes in years like these everyone comes at once.l

I will be going mid october,I will be watching the storms and the beaches getting washed away!
Far less people about then,am I crazy?
For me it's all about the island,the people you are with and the people you meet.

(mind you,hoping to get there in august as well)

The first week of October is always one of the best weeks.
Make sure you get to KM5 closing and Blue Marlin closing.

Not going this year i dont think, going to Croatia Portugal Mexico and Malta.

Bit of outdoor clubbing for some of the old Ibiza vibe

No matter what anyone says, Ibiza is yesterdays haunt. Its a great break with a few pals, but its not the fun it used to be....

Wanna get back to the old feeling really, and its time to see some new places!

No matter what anyone says, Ibiza is yesterdays haunt. Its a great break with a few pals, but its not the fun it used to be....

It's because you have that mind set which makes you think that, If you go to Ibiza negative and just keep focusing on the old days then of course you won't have fun.

Just go there and enjoy yourself and live the future not that past. Everything changes. Ibiza for me still every year.

5 days baby!!! 8)

First time going as a dad with our little one, so no clubbing for the first time. :lol:

But I'm looking forward to having a different type of holiday there and getting the little one her ibiza wings so young. Times change but ibiza is still where we want to be.

This time it's all about las salinas, formentera, lazy days and nights. 8)

if you were sitting on the sunset strip facing the water and you looked towards Cap Negret - to the right in the distance past Kanya etc etc - its on a road up there - its awesome views - fabulous food and chilled as anything. Check out my past few years photos on FB. Will look up the telephone number and ping it to you tomorrow.

If your driving I will give you directions too...8) 5-mins or so out of San An

Not going this year i dont think, going to Croatia Portugal Mexico and Malta.

Bit of outdoor clubbing for some of the old Ibiza vibe

Wanna get back to the old feeling really, and its time to see some new places!

Thats a familiar complaint!

Thats been commented on since the 60's.

Ibiza is always changing but at the same time....... is very seductive.

You'll end up going back like everyone else! :lol:

Agree the lack of outdoorsy stuff and early closing is a bit of a mare but (scuse the fromage) Ibiza has something special that other places will never have.

Just don't ask me to define what that special something is... :confused:

Whatever it is, people have been going there since Roman times to do this (making '88 and '67 look a tad modern by anyone's standards!)

if you were sitting on the sunset strip facing the water and you looked towards Cap Negret - to the right in the distance past Kanya etc etc - its on a road up there - its awesome views - fabulous food and chilled as anything. Check out my past few years photos on FB. Will look up the telephone number and ping it to you tomorrow.

Nice recommendation Puppy!

I will be there as usual this July looking forward to the simple charms of La Torre.

You can also get the Number 1 Bus as far as the Stella Maris Hotel complex and walk about ten mins to Hostal La Torre. Or its a 30 mins walk along the coast via Cala Gracio and Gracionetta from the end of the new Promenade.

Cheers Pups 8)

Back