Apartments other than Tivoli

Canadian

I had booked a room a few weeks ago at Tivoli Apartments through the Grupo Playa Sol (the owner's) website. Whoops! I read the reviews on tripadvisor.com after I made the booking, and it don't look good.

Add to that my unreplied-to e-mails sent in the past few weeks about confirming that we'd like an ocean-view room--at an upgrade price if necessary--etc., and I'm thinking that perhaps Grupo Playa Sol is not a quality owner to stay with.

I found that Apartments Tropical Garden have stellar ratings on Trip Advisor, though they look like they might be padded reviews. Also, it seems that while it may once have been independent, it appears it might now be part of GPS' Lux Mar complex.

Wow...long lead in...

Here's my question: If Tivoli is as bad as the reviews suggest, what are the chances we'll be able to find another affordable apartment? We're arriving on Wed Sep 23, and staying til Monday Sep 28. Will everything that is be all booked up for that weekend? Or is there a good chance of walking into another place and just picking up a room?

I did know, but your post just urged me to cancel my reservation at Tivoli and move on. Definitely booking through Ibiza Spotlight instead. Thanks Stephen!

well Tivoli is not all that bad you know.as for sea view rooms.you only get a see a bit anyway through at street.nice rooms though.anyway just look on home site .sal rossa would be you next best choice.right on sea front and if lucky there is a few sea view rooms.

nice atps.mainly faimlys with a few kids.but all you need is a good base.nice home made food as well.you will have to let us know what you book.i am out on the 26th so might see you.

but don;t leave it too late to book.normally pdb is packed over that weekend.

Thanks for your views, woodruffe. It's hard to imagine a hotel getting consistently worse reviews than there are for Tivoli. True, I don't really need a sea-view, but I'm going all that way and am land-locked where I live, so I may as well. The fact that they can't be bothered to reply to multiple e-mails is the much bigger problem there. Add to that the fact that you're one of very few to have anything nice to say about it, and I figure I should just find something else.

i have stayed in trpoical garden and it is fine. it is a gps hotel and is basically the same as luxmar as they are in the same complex. its pretty basic and budget but it was dirt cheap last September (£33 for a doublle room) and is in a great location just outside ibiza town. to me, in ibiza my hotel is a base to explore the island and in that sense, tropical garden is perfect, just know you get what you pay for!

Tivoli is ok but cheap.i stayed there before gps took over.but it was took over my another private group before that. but noticed they have taken the ovens out of rooms and back to hotplates.sal rossa would suit you really.nice rooms good staff.right on beach front.next to all you need.ie supermarkets ect.bora bora 2 mins away.space just up the road.all other shops just round the corner.

food cooked right up till 10pm most nights.very good indeed.i nip in for my lunch most days.you could try the algarb but again its gps.but you can get h/b if you wish.i used to stay there up untill this year.moved to another hotel.only cause of noise.(too many clubbers and younger people staying there).i like my sleep.nice location again smack on beach front.clean.food ok.cheap.in fact its right across road from the Tivoli.

only think with hotel is you dont get a fridge.but hotel as air con and a fan.hairdryer and gels.

look around and price a few things up.try other sites as well to get prices.

Back