Anyone reading a book?

https://velocitypress.uk/product/dreaming-in-yellow-book/
Just started reading this about the DiY Collective.
Dreaming in Yellow - Harry Harrison

Nothing but mad love for DIY. Not seen any of them in years. One died, another had a sex change, and Callum is still in Ibz I think? He played a blinding set at Aura many years back. Their Castlemorton gig really is the best of the early 90s and miles away from the-dog-on-string crustiness of the other systems

Haven't posted in a bit, here's the last few I've gotten through:

Good read, really enjoyed it.

Absolutely amazing read. If you have any interest in the Vietnam conflict or ground combat, this is 10/10. Crushed it in less than a day, incredible read.

That book led me down the rabbit hole for these, also incredible reads. 10/10.

The Harold Heath book is very good (proper lol at times). Just been reading jesse saunders “house music the real story” from 2007. Had no idea what a shyster Pete Tong is..

Reading Berlin, The Story of a City before a visit next week. A lot more in depth than I expected. Interesting looks at the make up and architecture of the city that I’ve not considered before always focused on C20th.
Alongside Al Pacino: The Movies Behind the Man, interesting look at each of his films.
And a re-read of the Bernie Gunther series to switch off to.

Can't say I'm a big fan of management books but this has been a very convincing read so far.
It basically explains why you'll succeed focusing on 1 thing at the time, and why you fail miserably when trying to focus on multiple things (aka multitasking).
A very simple idea taken to the extreme, no pseudoscientific bs.

potentially exciting news from JOCKEY SLUT

Dear JS faithful,
Thank you for your continued interest in our endeavours, the support shown in the reawakening of Jockey Slut has blown us away.
In light of the positive response to the Andrew Weatherall book (and also the many calls for us to relaunch the magazine) we have put together a survey to see if there is a genuine demand for us to launch a new twice-yearly magazine.
To help us properly gauge whether this is an idea worth pursuing we would love for you to fill out a brief questionnaire. Every answer helps, so if you can find the time, it would be incredibly helpful.
Viva acid house!
Johnno, Paul and all at Jockey Slut.

http://bit.ly/JSmagsurvey
Always used to buy JS, really enjoying Disco Pogo. So good to gave a decent music magazine back.

Last edited:
IMG_8598.jpeg
Started Slow trains around Spain, superb travel writer, his book a tourist in the Arab spring was amazing. Wife got me Fat Tony’s book few days ago, ibiza 89 just delivered.

Colonel Daintry was a compulsive shaver. He had shaved Nox Vidmate VLC already before dinner, but now he went over his chin a second time with his Remington.
looking for recommendations of any music related books/autobiographies/memoirs. Anyone got anything they would recommend? It would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
looking for recommendations of any music related books/autobiographies/memoirs. Anyone got anything they would recommend? It would be greatly appreciated.
I highly recommend the Harold Heath Book, Long Relationships.
Also, live at the Brixton Academy is a good read.

Currently reading this - highly recommend if you're interested in the history of rave in the UK! There's definitely some parts which I can remember too, the golden years of raving...
View attachment 16563
got this waiting for me in the UK. Love Ed (terrible taste in television and film, but knows his beans about Acid House and politics)

Back