Anyone reading a book?

How chunky is the Weatherall book? because Phonica who I'd love to support at this time and who are the only ones I can see currently taking orders, want £5+ for delivery

Edit: realised I was being a bit tight quibbling over a few quid so sucked it up. Ordered!

Last edited:
I mentioned before my Russian class (my Russian is atrocious -- if anyone speaks it, I apologize in advance and I'm not even going to try to type the Cyrillic because I don't have the keyboard...).

Well, that class of course necessitates my Russian textbook. The class meets Monday at 16:00 PST. I'm pretty excited. My gf speaks Russian, so it's definitely got romantic undertones. & I tried before, but my work schedule meant I had to drop out that time.

Anyway, it's Beginning Russian or something along those lines. :D

I mentioned before my Russian class (my Russian is atrocious -- if anyone speaks it, I apologize in advance and I'm not even going to try to type the Cyrillic because I don't have the keyboard...).

Well, that class of course necessitates my Russian textbook. The class meets Monday at 16:00 PST. I'm pretty excited. My gf speaks Russian, so it's definitely got romantic undertones. & I tried before, but my work schedule meant I had to drop out that time.

Anyway, it's Beginning Russian or something along those lines. :D
Not saying you should do this...but I'm not saying you shouldn't either.

Just finished something a little bit ago, can't remember the name, have to post it up later.

Just started secret dj book 2, and have a few more in a pile at home.

potentially exciting news from JOCKEY SLUT

Dear JS faithful,
Thank you for your continued interest in our endeavours, the support shown in the reawakening of Jockey Slut has blown us away.
In light of the positive response to the Andrew Weatherall book (and also the many calls for us to relaunch the magazine) we have put together a survey to see if there is a genuine demand for us to launch a new twice-yearly magazine.
To help us properly gauge whether this is an idea worth pursuing we would love for you to fill out a brief questionnaire. Every answer helps, so if you can find the time, it would be incredibly helpful.
Viva acid house!
Johnno, Paul and all at Jockey Slut.

http://bit.ly/JSmagsurvey

I've recently finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. The movie Blade Runner was based on this book - although a lot was changed in the movie. Some of the best scenes in the movie are not in the book.

The book was written in 1968 and is IMO is still an interesting sci-fi read. Some of the passages are brilliant.

When reading the book I was struck by that despite this being a very Californian book, and probably written in a left-wing context, it was written well before this woke age we are currently living in. There is no political correctness, no pandering to the wokerati, and no sanctimoniuos ascertains are given. The protagonists come across as real and believable characters. They are allowed to act and be as one would expect. No excuses are given and no judgements are passed. So it's really very refreshing.

To #55. "wokerati", first time I've seen that, the term woke usually comes with virtue signaling added on, seems to me that right whingers have just got fed up saying 'political correctness gone mad'. I would probably be considered a woke leftard to you. It doesn't matter, most people know the goodies from the baddies. Also not my kind of book.

The Trevor Horn autobiog isn't quite as good as I thought it'd be but still, a lot of great memories, and a whole cast of 80s heroes. Realising that he basically produced all my fave music as a kid

And then this...takes a while to get going...then a passable crime thriller....then goes batshit crazy
Screenshot_20221226_072827_Chrome.jpg

Back