Anyone here dance at Liverpool St station ?

sell out corporate rubbish

i have been part of and seen loads of flashmob/dance etc events at liverpool st in the past few years which make this look a load of pretentious tosh.

is that the flashmob thing? I keep getting email alerts inviting me to stuff - hmm, not sure about all that

last time I danced in a train station was when Orbital did a gig in Barcelona estacion de francia!

i think the flash mob freeze things are pretty cool, that would properly **** with your head if that happened around you!

I'm quite impartial to a bit of flash mobbing on trains and other public places. Trouble is the rest of the hardcore plural exist only in my head...But its still great fun all the same..Nice to see whether commercial or not.

8)

they hired actors actresses etc for the advert i believe

I go back and forth every day through Liverpool Street every day and there is always a flash mob there usually due to the train delays

Agree on the one hand - corporate tosh...but on the other, it was a nice display of choreographed moves in an unlikely venue.

Take out the need to be subversive and it's actually quite jolly (minus T-mobile of course).

Hoping for lots of 12 hour ones when/if the sound restrictions come in. 8)

Bring on the early 90s revival. :lol:

Flash mobbing is pathetic. Internet geeks needing to justify they're existence with self congratulating pointless nonsense. (a bit like here then ;) )

At least this had a point. It was a well thought out advert with good meaning that worked well. It was well choreographed, costumed (no-one looked out of place) staged and executed. Who won't remember T-Mobile for that now?

Like someone said, great use of advertising budget that made a few peoples day and worked extremely well 8)

I agree with the principles - making a more interesting use of public space and breaking up the monotony of a home commute, it's free, it's democratic, and in the case of the famous circle line guerilla party, totally inspired.

The problem for me is that it's become a bit of a one-trick pony and some of the events are properly naff - and, as said, attract some fcking sad people along

is that the flashmob thing? I keep getting email alerts inviting me to stuff - hmm, not sure about all that

last time I danced in a train station was when Orbital did a gig in Barcelona estacion de francia!

i went to a primal scream one at that station - it was awesome dancing on the platforms. them were the days... :D

Great advert.

Corporate tosh or not, you'll remember it.

Plus it makes a nice change to see a bit of talent and artistic merit thrown in rather than just a big gang of berks turning up and getting on everyone's nerves before giving themselves an almighty slap on the back for being so random and subversive.

I thought it was harmless.

If I saw that at Fenchurch St on the way home from a bad day it would really make me laugh and cheer me up.

Back