Anyone else finding it pricier this year for holidays?

Hey Jannica

Jannica, well I am not goin till 2004... I am going with my friend Jordan, we are probably leavin late July/early August and will get to Ibiza, well im not sure... maybe late August... Yah probably that... We are thinking the last week of August and the first week of September and then turn around and head through all of Europe to get home again.I think it will be cool because we will get to see so many places along the way and then when we get there it will be two weeks of clubbing and hopefully some relaxing. When are you going and are you going to basically do the same thing?

We paid more this year than last, but we are going for 2 weeks this year.

What we did find, when looking through the brochures was a cheap trick saying £100 cheaper than last year, and so is was. At face value, then when you added on surcharages per person per night for double occupation of an apartment with 1 bedroom, prices were definately more expensive. Who is really going to occupy a 1 bedroom apt with a tiny sofa bed thing with 4 people???

I read recently that bookings r down 30-70% across the board due to the threat of war, but I would guess this is more applicable to families being sensible? Has ne1 here given it a thought as to how it would affect their hols? Perhaps some good deals may be available later if the wretched thing happens?

Good luck with yer booking folks

:D :D :D

me and my group payed £303 each for two weeks in aughust b&b. its better than last year because i payed £260 foer a week self catering

WeLuvIbiza said:
We paid more this year than last, but we are going for 2 weeks this year.

What we did find, when looking through the brochures was a cheap trick saying £100 cheaper than last year, and so is was. At face value, then when you added on surcharages per person per night for double occupation of an apartment with 1 bedroom, prices were definately more expensive. Who is really going to occupy a 1 bedroom apt with a tiny sofa bed thing with 4 people???

I read recently that bookings r down 30-70% across the board due to the threat of war, but I would guess this is more applicable to families being sensible? Has ne1 here given it a thought as to how it would affect their hols? Perhaps some good deals may be available later if the wretched thing happens?

Good luck with yer booking folks

:D :D :D

Well remember Sept 11th disaster, that put the price of flights down because people were scared to fly.

Ibiza 08

last year we payed summin like £390 and this year its like £490 its well gone up and i mean we've booked same time same hotel everything 2 weeks san antonio!!! It was gone very expensive!!!

i have paid about £210 for my flight and hotel b+b for a week from the 19th august nxt yr flight times are really good to going out at 6 in the morning and coming home about dinner time flying with easy jet from liverpool. i always book my flights and hotel seperate always works out cheaper. i looked at package deals and they wanted over £300 for the week.

One of the reasons that holidays will be dearer in 2008 – I’ve just noticed that where once hotels had a low, medium & high price range subject to the time of year – probably due to the advent of the cheap flights & more people coming “just” for the weekend – some hotels are now charging more for a Friday & Saturday night. Hence the increase in cost over a fortnight.

Managed to bag two weeks in 08 half board for £310 by booking flight and hotel independently....bargain! In 07 a single week in Aug cost about £350 self catering package with 2wenties :O/

t

Back