"anti-noise"-thing going on all over ibiza right now

"based on complaints from neighbors of Puig des Molins,

where is puig des molins?

I'm sure this has been answered before, but are there any local residents who live around Space, Ushuaia and Bora Bora? we were staying in the newish apartments by Delano and it looked like they were all rented out to holiday makers. Might be wrong though.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but are there any local residents who live around Space, Ushuaia and Bora Bora?

oh yes there are. and (sometimes, depending on the wind) you can hear ushuaïa from a big distance. same as people in san jordi sometimes hear dc10!

where is puig des molins?
the hill behind figueretas.....

324875230_a837d5e665.jpg

flickr

the latest victim of the noise police has been kumharas, whose closing party last sunday annoyed plenty of neighbours.....

Diario de Ibiza said:
Sant Josep abre un expediente por ruidos a un local de Cala de Bou

(no online version of the article)

theibizasun

Noise
The Environment unit attached to the Town Hall has sealed the musical equipment of three establishments in the port area for excessive noise levels. Complaints had been received from various residents that they were being disturbed by the sound systems. Measurements were taken on two separate nights in several of the night spots in the Old Town and these three were found to be seriously infringing local legislation.

Turn it down!
In a similar operation to that performed in Ibiza Town recently, the Local Police have sealed the equipment in two bars in Playa d"en Bossa as inspections on several occasions had proved that they were playing music too loudly. They will only be allowed to use their equipment again once they have incorporated a device to limit the sound levels. This may be just the beginning of cases involving excess noise as investigations are being continued into six other establishments where numerous complaints have been made due to the music levels.

one of them was JAG, that got the music back on wednesday...

JAG said:
GOOD NEWS GUYS!!!
MUSIC IS LIFE...and MUSIC IS BACK AT JAG
tonight...come jag with us!!!!
billie clements and friends are running the club
start at 12..till 5 am

^^ 33 venues in one location in a Season ? That's some wholesale "sealing" going on there :eek: !

Can anybody remember - was it 2003 when the law changed that "loud" music in the day time was no longer to be tolerated? I remember days at Kanya & Coastline where the music was banging - then to return the following year and everything was weak :(

Can anybody remember - was it 2003 when the law changed that "loud" music in the day time was no longer to be tolerated? I remember days at Kanya & Coastline where the music was banging - then to return the following year and everything was weak :(

I think it was a little later, 2005 maybe?

The general economic side of Ibiza is clear and always will be clear it makes money from the full clubbing Ibiza experience always have and always will think the only thing that could possibly change the smallest part is that matutes and a like would try push for more family friendly events and resorts as such but we all know Ibiza will never just be another family holiday destination it's the number one clubbing destination in the world for a reason

Back