"anti-noise"-thing going on all over ibiza right now

some "anti-noise"-thing going on all over ibiza right now ?

"...
The City of Sant Josep is carrying out a measurement campaign esting because
throughout the municipality and, especially, in local areas with existing neighborhood complaints.
"We are measuring in places where we have reported that there was noise.
We are taking measurements everywhere,
Platja d'en Bossa is one of the sites
but is more like Port d'es Torrent and Cala Jondal, "
said Councilman Interior and Transportation, Serafin Grivé.

According to the mayor, the goal is to detect whether the facilities comply with the law
on noise pollution
, which provides a maximum of 63 decibels during the day and 53 at night,
whether it is an area of ​​recreation and entertainment, and 55 decibels per day and 45 at night,
if the area has a residential use.
If it is found that there are breaches, "automatically the penalty is severe to very severe,
and very large fines
," the mayor moved.

Grivé stated that this measurement campaign "is a very laborious work" because all data
collected must be "contrast". However, he said that in a few days you can start giving results.
Even the mayor promised a noise map for the municipality.

Complaints 'habit'

"We are working on it to see if we can do something decent because we have the hot area
of ​​Platja d'en Bossa, in Space, Bora Bora Ushuaïa and all the clubs that make noise
We are working for people to be quiet, sleep and nothing happens, "
added councilor who still wanted to break a lance, especially for the
hotel concert Platja d'en Bossa.
"I can say that we received complaints from neighborhood the other day Ushuaïa,
and contrast it was closed off and out of range, denounced the Ushuaïa and had no music.
So it is the habit too, because maybe is the Bora Bora or Space, but the complaint must be
for the Ushuaïa "he said of the neighborhood complaints.
"There are people who claim to denounce, because he says, 'today we again denounce
the Ushuaïa' and calls again.
I understand that people are upset about many things but we must also check
and see the reality, "he insisted.

It is recalled that complaints from neighbors of Puig d'es Molins following noise nuisance
from Platja d'en Bossa prompted the mayor of Vila, Marienna Sanchez-Jauregui, met with
the first mayor of Sant Josep , Neus Mari Berris asking for more control over the premises.

Also, Vila propose to the other municipalities to create a table of sound health at which
the council is willing to join Grivé because "in principle" seems "a good initiative."

..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...ias-locales-ocio-denunciados-por-vecinos.html

All these noise "complaints" from people who live on the money we bring to the island for the MUSIC and maybe noise? They have to live with a few months of noise to have the winter off work every year yet they still complain? Ibiza is going to ruin :(

Lets get rid of all the noise, and all the tourists, and all the money....they would moan further.
I am so pissed BUT sometimes as much as I love Ibiza, it still really pisses me off :twisted:

what do they mean by ushuaia was closed off and 'denounced'.

does that mean that ushuaia has not operated with music for several days now?

whilst i think residential areas have every right to some controls in noise throughout the day, i think this island needs to take a serious look at where it wants to go. It sounds to me like Ibiza is heading for a family destination campaign although I would question whether its statistics confirm that is sustainable for this island when their economy is up to **** anyway.

UK residents made 58.6 million visits overseas in 2009 - 15% fewer than in 2008, and there was a drop reported in 2010 also. I would imagine that trend will continue to drop each year on year.

What I would like to see is an independent report that shows how many visitors are here with the intention to party - surely this will be where the answer lies on ibiza's future….

I actually thought over the last two summer's it was getting more liberal again - the music certainly seemed louder to me on Bora Bora and the place generally busier. But a few posts like this I've seen in recent weeks have made me worry somewhat.

Yes, people have to respect the island people and the environment as far as possible, but these new rules seem over-zealous at best. Tourism through clubbing has provided the island with whatever wealth it has today, and whilst you can understand why they need to monitor noise, litter and crime etc, there has to be a careful balance.

Ibiza is the original party island has been that way for so long because of the general freedom of the place to enjoy yourself and forget about the worries of everyday life. If they start turning the music down, fining people for wearing no top and drinking on the sunset strip then, sadly, people will eventually flock to another of the 'party islands'. It's as simple as that.

I actually thought over the last two summer's it was getting more liberal again - the music certainly seemed louder to me on Bora Bora and the place generally busier. But a few posts like this I've seen in recent weeks have made me worry somewhat.

Yes, people have to respect the island people and the environment as far as possible, but these new rules seem over-zealous at best. Tourism through clubbing has provided the island with whatever wealth it has today, and whilst you can understand why they need to monitor noise, litter and crime etc, there has to be a careful balance.

Ibiza is the original party island has been that way for so long because of the general freedom of the place to enjoy yourself and forget about the worries of everyday life. If they start turning the music down, fining people for wearing no top and drinking on the sunset strip then, sadly, people will eventually flock to another of the 'party islands'. It's as simple as that.

agree with every point.

Trouble is, this isn't an issue that is confined to Ibiza. In fact, it's happening on our own doorstep. In a few years time there will be no M.o.S as it stands in its current form due to residential issues.

If the High Street keeps depleting with more stores moving their retail operation online, then those empty units will eventually be occupied residentially and all the bars, clubs and late night venues will eventually see themselves being forced to the outskirts of towns.

You can forget about any sense of loyalty or nostalgia - nobody will care about how these towns profited economically from these businesses in years gone-by - they will only take quality of life for the residents into consideration.

It's sad, but true. And in a way, you can kind of see where they're coming from. I love clubbing and loud music. But if just forked out the kind of money on a property that will see me in debt for the majority of my life, then the least I will expect is a decent night's sleep. It's just the way the world's going.

Here's a thought - how about the clubs paying for double-glazing / soundproofing for houses in the affected vicinity - and then people can get a night's sleep for the 3 months they are in operation, whilst the clubbers can have their day and contribute to the island's economy.

At 20Euros a mixer drink I reckon they could afford to subsidise some improvements for local residents :twisted:

noisy ush

"...
Nova Alternative reports that a hotel in Playa den Bossa exceed legal noise levels

R.L. | 08/07/2012
Nova Alternative yesterday reported that a hotel-nightclub in Playa den Bossa
above the permitted levels of noise established by law.

This party, "based on complaints from neighbors of Puig des Molins, referring
to the annoying noise from Playa den Bossa," on Thursday July 5 proceeded
to perform a measurement noise level in the area.

The measurement was carried out in an apartment building near a nightclub, hotel,
intending to make an objective assessment and the result was that "the measurements
taken at any time down to legal levels that correspond, thus violating the regulations.
Furthermore, this noise pollution is from 17:00 to 24:00 hours. "

..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...n-bossa-excede-niveles-acusticos-legales.html

This sort of political lip service to the anti noise and environmental groups has been going on for years.

Its a game where the ball is always kicked to touch. The laws are there for a reason but in the words of Orwell "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"

I would be surprised if much changed on this noise issue. The clubs/bars will continue to do what they do with maybe the odd closure or fine to hold up as an example that something is been done about it.

Exactly, Bez.
This is nothing new.
I would be more surprised if the government didn't do something about noise complaints once in a while.

yep, i was in bora bora and ushinia beach last friday evening, (got home yesterday), believe me, the music is louder than last year. quite funny cos it did crossed my mind when i was there that i wouldnt be surprised that somebody complained then saw this thread!!!

Back