another question about appearence....

electric nrg

How openminded ppl really are in ibiza? reason i ask is this.... i'm 31 years old and nowadays i'm "normal looking" ( ;) maybe) when i wear long sleeves but..... i was really stupid untill i was 20, i hanged in gangs (untill i decided to do something with my life and studied a lot and got a good job, and changed my opion about many things), during my time in gangs i got myself lots of tattoos and some of them could be understand a bit wrong way.... not all of them (some of them i still do like) and i have so many of them and some of them are so big that i can't get rid of them.... so what do you think? is it gonna be a problem? am i gonna get in the trouble just because of those tattoos? this is the one reason why i haven't come to ibiza even though i've was gonna come there last year and earlier this year, but i didn't(and that is really hard for me because i really,really,really LOVE all forms of dance music and good parties)...... i'm asking cause i have found myself in trouble many times because of them.... and i hate it if i have to pay for the rest of my life of my mistakes what i did when i was younger.... i'm totally different person compared to that what i was then...... now i just love all the people, they just seem to hate me with out knowing me, they just judge me when they see my skin.... and that ruins a holiday when you are happy and suddenly someone comes and says nasty things to me or even try to fight with me(and i do anything, really anything, to avoid it).... :(

There's nothing wrong with tattoos at all and nobody is going to come up to you and say anything about them in Ibiza. The people you'll come across are some of the friendliest in the whole world, people don't judge what you look like, they just want to have a good time :D

are you really sure about that? this is important to me cause if something like that happens my holiday is definitely ruined

I think it will depend on what it is .. if its something like kill negro's ... then it is very provovative and maybe someone wil say something about it ... dont think that they willfight u for it... but as barbie said people are friendly ... try to explain it and perhaps if they are dad bad u would prob always better take a shirt with u .. just incase someone makes a deal about it

no they aren't like that but..... some of them are.... how could i say it... aggressive. And thank god worst of them is in my back so it can't be seen so easily :) , and i do rather run away than fight back.... not to do that ever again was a promise what i made to myself long time ago.

Don't let it spoil your holiday :D

To be honest half the time the state I'm in I won't be able to read anyway :p ;)

electric nrg said:
ok, i think i'm gonna trust that most of the ppl are in the same state that you are most of the time :lol:

Probably, altho hopefully for their sake not as bad as me :p ;)

Seriously don't let something like that spoil your hols, you'll find that people are so friendy and un-judgemental in Ibiza :D

I'm not sure about Ibiza , but I read that a lot of these tattoo places around vacation spots all over the world are open day+night. They're just booming. It's really popular now. Don't worry, mon... love, Peace and Technobeats

yeah as long as they're not racist tattoos you should be fine...

i wouln't worry

people are more likly to be affend by taking up the dancing space or toe treading than tattoo's

Glad i didn't get a tattoo now
but i wouldn't worry about a few tattoos or a lot for that matter
I don't think i'd care about it

Got one on my arse, most people are usually disgusted at the site of my arse rather than the tattoo itself, dont know why ? ;)
Just relax, the people that make unwanted remarks are not worth wasting your energy on anyway. Ibiza is a mixed pot of all shapes and sizes, we are usually fascinated by peoples individualities anyway. Come and join the fun ;)

thanx for your replies..... they helped a lot and i think i'll be there maybe in the end of aug or beginning of sep.... i think my tattoos are more problem here in finland where many people don't know that the world isn't the same as it was 20-30 years ago :D

hi,

I had a couple of tatoos when i was 16, to rebel against my dad. I have regretted it every day since. I have paid over £3,000 to have one removed over the past 18 months, it cost me £5 originally!! My remaining one, which is a stupid flag, but at the top of my arm, and easy to hide I am having covered with something oriental very soon.

Previous years, mine were visible (forearm, a football badge, how yuck?), and no-one seems to care, but when people did glance I tended to think. "They think i'm a thug", which i'm not!! I soon realised people are not judgemental at all in Ibiza, and it was me being paranoid about it. Don't worry, it's about the people, you will have a ball :D :D

electric nrg ... so much credit to you for putting your past behind you .... people DO change ... all the time in fact, and it's time people realise they do!

Big hugs !

but when people did glance I tended to think. "They think i'm a thug", which i'm not!!
that's how i feel too sometimes, and i try to smile to ppl but some of them don't look at my face and in my eyes, they just look my tattoos and i can read from their faces what they think "There goes a criminal or somekind of gang member or biker or skinhead or or or or or.......", and if they'd just really look in my smiling eyes they would see how wrong they are. You never should judge book by it's cover. What ever the cover looks like :) Thanx 4 hugs Saffy :) and you are right ppl do change..... but most of them don't see it...

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT , TATTOOS 20 YEARS AGO WERE TABOO . TODAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE YOU LOOK WEIRD !! THEY DO PIERCINGS AND TATTOOS AT ELEMANTARY SCHOOLS NOW . HERE IN MONTREAL THERE'S TATTOO PARLOURS ON ALMOST EVERY CORNER . PEOPLE DON'T EVEN NOTICE THEM ANYMORE . HAVE A GOOD TIME . YOU CAN'T JUDGE A PERSON BY A TATTOO . MOST PEOPLE GET THEM WHEN THEY ARE DRUNK SO THEY UNDERSTAND . I'M SURE IN IBIZA PEOPLE WILL TELL YOU THEIR COOL .

Yeah as long as they are not directly inflamatory to anyone i.e. swatikas or the like, I can't see anyone having the slightest problem. In fact probably the opposite. The more "out there" the better :)

Back