Another MASSIVE CANADIAN REVIEW of the White Isle!

CanadaKid

Hey all, I think I've finally recovered enough to write the review of the best 2 weeks of my life. I apologize in advance for the length it will be but so much occurred.. so here goes nothing.

July 28 (Sunday): DIDN'T ARRIVE IN IBIZA AS FLIGHT WAS DELAYED!!! Had to stay in Madrid instead of seeing Sasha at Space after a 15 hour party and no sleep. So angry that night. I was supposed to fly in at 9:25PM and I would have seen the best sunset :( And I almost forgot my ticket in the free hotel Iberia put us in, the next morning.

July 29 (Monday): Landed in Ibiza at around 11:30AM and was taken away by how the island looked. Quick baggage and off into a cab for San An. It was awesome seeing all the billboards with DJs and flyers up. Driving past Privilege and Amnesia and Eden was cool too. My hotel was across from Cala Gracio so a little far way, the walk to my room was the worst... sheesh. Had a quick bite to eat at the hotel and change up and hit the pool. First meal in town was David's Pizzeria and that place is great, especially for the price. Walked to Mambo to be greeted by Roger Sanchez throwing down some awesome beats. Then took a walk to Bar M and was surprised there by Sister Bliss... too cool. The sunset strip is awesome and Bar M is madness on a Monday. We managed to find a taxi and off to Privilege for Manumission. We were supposed to be on the guestlist but something got messed up and we weren't... so we BLAGGED IT!! 4 Canadians blagged their way into Manumission... how wikkid is that hahaha? Let me tell you, the sheer size of Privilege put me in awe. The dome is the coolest part of that club. When the club got going, madness ensued. It was absolutely crazy everywhere in the club. Now I don't mean to offend anyone, but the locals were the ruddest f***ing people I met on the entire trip. They literally throw you out of the way to get where they want to go... no apology or anything. The brits were really nice, but the Spanish and Italians... sheesh. I'm not saying all of them but the ones there that night were pratts. Watched the stage show while some great house tunes were being blarred on the system... very nice. Couldn't take the rude people and heat so we left as Sister Bliss was getting on. Insanity trying to get a taxi, but we managed and back to San An it was.

July 30 (Tuesday): This day was prolly the best one there, my first full day in Ibiza. Got up at 4 haha and into the town to explore. By 7:30, we were tired hungry and off to Coastline Cafe we went. Instantly, it became my favorite place on the island. To top it off, Armin Van Buuren was playing there that night. As we were ordering, the one and only AVB plants himself 2 tables away from us. How cool is this... having dinner @ Coastline Cafe in Ibiza with Armin 2 tables away? Wikkid. Got pics and autographs and talked to him for a bit. Then he took over the decks from a wikkid DJ and mate named JC (jon constantine) and laid down a stormer. The shows that occur at all the clubs while the DJ plays are very cool. 12:30AM quickly rolled around and it was off to Eden for Godskitchen. The guestlist was fixed this night and we got in no problem. Eden is a very nice club, but small. The funky room is nice and chilled. 00 Flemming was on the decks opening up then Ricky Effe got on for a live PA. Don't like that italian techno but the live part was good. Friends hated it so outside to chill before Armin got on. Caught the last part of Picotto's set where he played a massive trance song before hitting the techno again.. whatev, Armin made up for it. Great set by him as usual.

July 31 (Wednesday): Woke up late again, theme of the trip haha. Bought some stuff around San An then headed to Mambo for dinner and to see the great Erick Morillo play as we couldn't get the list for Pacha and didn't want to pay. Food was great, Morillo was better haha. He played a few amazing songs and took some pics. What a nice guy. Got really drunk at Mambo after he left and back to the hotel for a drunken swim hehe. Fun times. The bartenders at Mambo are so nice, especially Richard. Wikkid guys. Went to another bar where a new friend of my brother's worked at, Cafe Marimar. Awesome little place with cool drink specials. It's just behind Savannah, and bartender's name is Juan. Wikkid guy.

August 1 (Thursday): The Day we all have been waiting for... PAUL VAN DYK!!! Went into town and had lunch at Pizzeria Trattoria Capricci. Great food there and it wasn't too pricey either. Met some friends at Mambo and had a quick dinner there and off to Bar M for the Cream pre-party. The energy was defo in the air that night. However, the night went from amazing to horrible. Amnesia is the nicest club on the island by far... but there's one problem, it is a 4000 capacity club, not 8000. Couldn't dance, couldn't move, got shoved out of the by anybody and everybody. Tiesto had a very bad, boring set. Didn't matter, PVD came on and took over and showed me why he is my God. Had to leave at 6 as one of my friends couldn't take the people while the other 2 couldn't take the heat and the fight on the podium put me off partying. Catching a taxi was a nightmare that night, but we made it home, angry as hell. Ended up getting drunk till 8 in the morning and went down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. Funny stuff.

August 2 (Friday): Woke up at 6PM after that brutal night. Went to Kasbah for dinner... instantly one of the best meals I've ever had. And I've never seen such beautiful waitresses. Even got our pics with them. Yowzas!!! The night we just walked along the sunset bars and relaxed. Not a fan of Savannah, SugarSea or Cafe Del Mar. Mambo & Coastline are the best! Went to Bar M and I went to Itaca to see Danny Rampling play but just missed him. A very relaxing night where I just observed the island happenings. Stumbled upon the West End... don't ever want to do that again. I wanted to hit up the Radio 1 party but didn't make it.

August 3 (Saturday): This was a day I was looking forward to for a long time as well... THE ESSENTIAL MIX WITH SASHA!!! Started the day by going to Bora Bora... amazing beach, amazing women. Food is OK, rude waiters. The coolest thing about Bora Bora, besides the gorgeous women, is the planes flying right above your head. The coolest sight I've seen. Made it back to San An by 5 to shower and change for Judge Jules. I was the sole member in my party to make it down to Punta Es Moli and I loved every minute of it. Friendly people, great music, great atmosphere. Seb Fontaine was rocking it too. Funny thing is nobody flyered to me when I'm alone hahaha. Walked all the way to Coastline at 8 for dinner and a great sunset. I really loved Coastline everytime. 11PM rolled around and it was time to go to Privilege again for Manumission. It was just me and one of my friends who made the trek out. The club was a total 180 of my first night there. Mostly brits who were so friendly, lots of room to dance... just wish the prices for water was the opposite of Monday, too... 7 euros for a small bottle of unrefillable water... yikes. Seb Fontaine was rocking when I walked in at 1:45AM. Relaxed in the Dome for awhile until 2:30 where the Man Like, SASHA came on. Amazing set and he ended off with Xpander... brilliant. Pete Tong came on and amazing surprised me. Great songs, crowd was very up for it. Surprisingly, it was easy getting a cab home. Was going to go to Space but left at 5 and couldn't kill 3 hrs. Off to bed it was.

August 4 (Sunday): Guess what?? Dinner at Coastline again haha. I know a lot of you are thinking that we didn't explore enough.. but why spoil a great thing?? To top it off, Judge Jules was playing there. He is one of my top 3 DJs after this trip. He quickly became my most-seen DJ at a mark of 5 times. Nice guy, too. Had a chat, a picture and an autograph from him. Went to Mambo afterwards and was surprised by.. Judge Jules haha! Great stuff again. Headed down to Eden but the guestlist was messed and we had to wait for 2 hours to get in. The lineup was mad. Sunday is a very busy day on Ibiza. Didn't go so just went back to the hotel for a swim and chill.

August 5 (Monday): Woke up early as my brother and his friend were leaving. It was relatively cool in the morning. Went to get a tan at the pool but the mother of all clouds decided to hover on top of us. Went to town to shop then back to the hotel to relax. As we were walking out to have dinner at the hotel, it started to RAIN!!! 2 weeks out of the year it rains and I was there for one of those days... 14/365 odds. I should have bought a lottery ticket too ;) Waited out the rain and back into San An it was. The most cultural part of my trip was this night as we just walked around and took in everything. Very cool. Hit the sunset strip again and had a drink at Savannah as Dave Seaman was playing. He was supposed to get on the decks at 10 and by 11:15PM, he wasn't on yet so we left. Watched the dancers at Mambo and found a taxi and back to the hotel for the final time it was.

August 6 (Tuesday): Leaving the white isle. My flight was at noon which wasn't so bad. Taxi was quick, at least it seemed that way. End my Ibiza journey.

August 7 (Wednesday): Landed in Edmonton at 11:00AM. A 31-hour journey home that included a 5hour and 9 hour layover in airports... yeesh. But, oh my god, was it worth it.

Now some of the best and worst of my experiences:

Worst: the rude-ass people at Manumission Monday and Cream, the capacity of Cream, not going to see Erick Morillo at Pacha, having to find taxis every night, the rain because it was still so hot there, not being there right now.

Best: Coastline Cafe, Kasbah, Mambo, the free DJs every night at every bar, the women, the amazingly nice people there (especially brits), being treated so much nicer because I'm Canadian and not American, being one of the very few orientals on the island, the women, the sunsets, the sunset strip, the women, the square (funniest thing I've seen), Bora Bora and the entire island in general.

I will now start to answer all the questions that I can that are posted on Ibiza Spotlight and try to help others have as great a time as I did. Sorry again for the length of this post, but it couldn't have been helped. The trip was very costly for me as I didn't really buy anything back even though I went to the shops alot, booze and drugs were costly. One more thing... when you walk through the square, be prepared to hear this constantly... "Hey, how you doing? Want some coke, need some hash, pills, anything?" Funniest thing ever. Thanks for reading and it's time to answer questions.

Ibiza 4ever,
Terry

P.S. Michael, we gotta get together at the U for a drink and to share some stories, buddy.

Great review CanadaKid!!!!!!!
Sucks that your flight got delayed!!!!
3days to go and we are off to the island.......can't wait!!!!! 8)

being treated so much nicer because I'm Canadian and not American, being one of the very few orientals on the island, the women, the sunsets, the sunset strip, the women, the square (funniest thing I've seen), Bora Bora and the entire island in general.

Amen to that brotha...

not going to see Erick Morillo at Pacha

dude...i hate to say u might have missed out on the best night of ur life, cuz i mean, everyone has different tastes...but SUBLIMINAL NIGHT ROXXXXX!!!! At least u got to catch him at Mambo...isnt he the roughest guy man???

Seb Fontaine was rocking when I walked in at 1:45AM. Relaxed in the Dome for awhile until 2:30 where the Man Like, SASHA came on

U LUCKY BASTARD!!!!!!!!!! Mannnnnnn me and my friend dan were sittin at home (pouring rain outside) listening to it on the internet. I WOULD HAVE DIED TO BE THERE!!!!!!!! I dont know if it was the internet feed or whatnot...but did u notice 2 HUGE mistakes in the mixes by Seb and Tong??? We were debating that...cuz i mean...what r the chances that BOTH Seb and Tong would make massive blunders like that???

P.S. Michael, we gotta get together at the U for a drink and to share some stories, buddy.

Dude, lets do it up. Jas and i r workin on campus this summer...we should do lunch at the Plant or something sometime if ur free. If not we'll just hook up for drinks and stuff during the school yr...that'd be cool cuz then my friend dan could come too seein as he cant make it now cuz hes on a workterm in Calgary. But that would be rough...a whole pack of Canadian Clubberz drinkin and tellin Ibiza stories...ahhh...thats what u live for man. Has the depression sunk in yet??? Wait for it...hhahaha...

Great Review...cant wait till next yr!!!!!!!!!!!

MMIICCHHEEAALL

Glad you guys like the review. klubkiddkutie/Rachel, you're gonna have the time of your life. Represent Canada well ;)

Mike, I'm still kickin myself for not going to Pacha that night. But, democracy ruled that night. Whatever, it was either pay for that night or Cream and I still stand by seeing PVD for 2 hours.

I think it was the feed that messed up the mixing of Seb and Tong, because I didn't hear any problems.. unless it occurred the 45 min before i got there and the half hour after I left. Sasha was the man!!!

For sure, we'll hook up. I'll even get my bro and his friend (just coming back to the U) to come but I doubt my friend would make it, though. It doesn't matter when, the school year hasn't started yet. We'll just figure something out. And yes, the depression is starting now... I'm not going back for 2 years. I think it'll more special that way.

Terry

Oh yeah, you know what I really miss and what we have to get when we meet up for a drink (even though we're not supposed to bring outside drinks into bars and restaurants)??? SAN MIGUEL!!! Damn, do I miss that beer...

Terry

... sorry to correct you CanadaKid ...
It's THE ESSENTIAL SASHA in the mix ...
Great review. Glad you had a wickid time.
Enjoy the memories.

Cheers to you
*SAN _MIGUEL_IN_MY_HAND*
8)

I wish I had a San Miguel in my hand right now...

Oh yeah, I left out one thing from my review which was one of my favorite things... for all deep, sexy house fans, GO TO COASTLINE CAFE ON THURSDAYS FOR HED KANDI!!! That showed me why I love house so much. Cheers to all.

Terry

sorry to break this to you, but you wasnt there for 2 weeks mate

Coastline is the farthest place North from the sunset strip and we got there around 730PM for the festivities. the sun sets at around 9 and there are wikkid performers afterwards.

A note about flight delays-

The same thing happened to me the end of July- we got stuck in Mayorca for the night, and the rest of our group got stuck in Madrid- they really need to get their act together with the plane schedules!!

CanadaKid said:
Then took a walk to Bar M and was surprised there by Sister Bliss... too cool. The sunset strip is awesome and Bar M is madness on a Monday

Bar M :arrow:
Orange-Manumission0042.jpg

McRackin said:
CanadaKid said:
Then took a walk to Bar M and was surprised there by Sister Bliss... too cool. The sunset strip is awesome and Bar M is madness on a Monday

Bar M :arrow:
Orange-Manumission0042.jpg

I remember my first year out there in 1997. Bar M had a straw roof and fire jugglers. The juggler was juggling a bit 2 hard and manages to throw on onto the roof. This guy jumped up and put it out with his hands in seconds. Looking back on it it was very funny!

Bar M's roof is one of the nicest places to chill out before a party. Me and my mates went there before PVD & Tiesto night at Cream. AWESOME!! I got a picture of us holding up our PVD tix with the ocean behind us... I WANT TO GO BACK TO IBIZA NOW!!! :cry:

CanadaKid said:
Quick baggage and off into a cab for San An. It was awesome seeing all the billboards with DJs and flyers up

ibiza067.jpg
<--- billboards are everywhere!! :lol:

CanadaKid said:
Driving past Privilege and Amnesia and Eden was cool too

:eek: --->
73.jpg

ibiza066.jpg
<--- look - the amnesia bus!! 8)
ibiza013.jpg
<--- at night it looks nicer!! ;)

not trying to break your heart but here comes another picture!! :oops:

CanadaKid said:
Went to Kasbah for dinner... instantly one of the best meals I've ever had. And I've never seen such beautiful waitresses. Even got our pics with them. Yowzas!!!

ibz90.JPG

Back