An American in Ibiza 2008

Day 1:

Nothing leaves Baghdad today. The dust clouds are so think you cant see signal hill from my hooch. They dont even bring the VIPs to the airport so it's an extra day in a trailer.

What fun...

So far it's an extra thouand to change my ticket to the following day, 100 for the rental car delay, 350 for the hotel delay...etc.

This is getting rediculous....

But, Ibiza calls me like a junkie smoking a crack pipe.

One day closer...one day closer...all the while waiting is killing me.

Those are some mean companies !!!!!! Have you phone`d them and told them where you have been, and what you have been doing for the last ? months. They should give you free upgrades not charge you.
Have a good one
Tim

You must go to Ibiza no matter what. However, I warn you now. After a a holiday in Ibiza you will not enjoy the Al - Rashid disco on a Thursday night in the Green Zone :)

Enjoy !

Day 1:

Nothing leaves Baghdad today. The dust clouds are so think you cant see signal hill from my hooch. They dont even bring the VIPs to the airport so it's an extra day in a trailer.

What fun...

So far it's an extra thouand to change my ticket to the following day, 100 for the rental car delay, 350 for the hotel delay...etc.

This is getting rediculous....

But, Ibiza calls me like a junkie smoking a crack pipe.

One day closer...one day closer...all the while waiting is killing me.

You will have to party that bit harder once you are safely in Ibiza :)

Those are some mean companies !!!!!! Have you phone`d them and told them where you have been, and what you have been doing for the last ? months. They should give you free upgrades not charge you.
Have a good one
Tim

Were you in Hereford for work reasons, blackswan?

I have worked in Hereford , but not there :lol:

Tim

My best mate still lives in Hereford (he married a burd from there, divorced now). We work in North Africa together now and both of us are heading out to Ibiza for Space closing in a couple of weeks.. It's been a while since I was in the Crystal Rooms (sticky carpets) on a Wednesday night. Goodness me the memories

Sticky carpets on a Wednesday, oooooo that takes me back, DSS night, Desperate, Sad or Stupid we used to call it. never did know what it really stood for, somthing to do with Students I think, But it was student night over in Lovejoy`s? and the age group was definatly not " student" more like student`s mum, but a brilliant night, you would feel at home if you turned up in your work clothes, (which I did a few time`s lol) and the beer was cheep ! Then Friday`s for Naughty but nice, A legend !!!, Sadly it is now closed, The posh left bank village all around it bought the property, closed the club, But they had to keep the original art Deco front, So it still ( minus the posters etc :) looks the same ish

Have a good one
Tim

Sticky carpets on a Wednesday, oooooo that takes me back, DSS night, Desperate, Sad or Stupid we used to call it. never did know what it really stood for, somthing to do with Students I think, But it was student night over in Lovejoy`s? and the age group was definatly not " student" more like student`s mum, but a brilliant night, you would feel at home if you turned up in your work clothes, (which I did a few time`s lol) and the beer was cheep ! Then Friday`s for Naughty but nice, A legend !!!, Sadly it is now closed, The posh left bank village all around it bought the property, closed the club, But they had to keep the original art Deco front, So it still ( minus the posters etc :) looks the same ish

Have a good one
Tim

Giro day perhaps?

Day 2

Finally,

Flights are leaving Baghdad...the plane lifts off the gound from BIAP late in the day but any day you leave Baghdad is a good day. I touch down in Dubai a very, very, happy man. Now the fun begins. Everything is one day late so I am not looking forward to last second booking from Dubai to Ibiza. Luckilly, I booked business class so I'm not worried about bigger prices, just bigger B.S. to get there. My Dubai hotel has no bar and I arrive too late in the day to check in so it's off to the airport lounge for some Air France wine and all the free high speed unedited internet I can stomach at the same time after 4 months of no alcahol (or puttie...but that is another story for anthother day). The clock strikes midnight on my way to the airport and day three is for tomorrows Report.

Bit late in the day to be arriving here though....

Pacha will be open and Underground closes on the 15th...but everything else

Bit late in the day to be arriving here though....

Pacha will be open and Underground closes on the 15th...but everything else

This is a two week review beginning on my arrival date of the 18th of September...it should have been the 17th but everything was a day late...

Here we go again... Ah, the memories. Day 1 approaches but I have to work so later today, my friends...later today.

This is a two week review beginning on my arrival date ...
Day 1 approaches ...
what ? i´m getting confused :lol:

didn´t we had "day 1" already ?
www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1241693&postcount=1
... and "day 2", too ?
www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1244909&postcount=11

so "day 3" should approach now
23sx6bb.gif

Oh...I get it.
Seems he's been here already.

Come on then mate, spill the beans.
What happened?

(Spilling the beans, is not actaully anything to do with an accident in the kitchen, it more of like ..tell us the story)

Day1, Day 2, Potato, Potatoe, whatever. Hope this does it for you:

Day1, Day 2, Potato, Potatoe, whatever. Hope this does it for you:

Anyhow, I get to the Dubai Airport after midnight to discover there is no Air France ticket counter. Actually, there is no ANY AIRLINE OTHER THAN EMIRATES ticket counters. They only have one agency, DANATA, that you can purchase a ticket from at of course an additional 10 percent over your reservation price. Welcome to the BS known as Dubai. The Arabic woman at the counter did not take well to being told her agency means “nothing” in Spanish and I wish we were in Spain. Apparently Air France didn't charge my reservation to the card and I still had to pay for the ticket. “Never again Air France” I say to myself as I walk to the Business Class lounge for the first unregulated internet in 5 months. Okay, the $3500 one way ticket to Madrid was unheard of even for me. BUT THAT IS SOME ****ING A GREAT WINE they have in their lounge. Of course there is always the chance that a person starving would think a saltine is the best food in the world. After all, no wine or puttie in 4 months does tend to bend perception. Still, it was pretty good wine. Give the French their due. That was only their "stuff they serve in the airport!" Stupid Americans! Maybe they have a reason to act a little conceited.

The flight left on time in a plane without even video for the individual seats. Worst B-Class ticket ever… I wouldn't recommend any one burn their money in this matter. And before you all start ragging on me over the hundreds of starving African children I could have fed by flying in the back, it was the only seat available at the last second and I booked a refundable ticket that cost almost that much due to problems with traveling from Iraq. It's not real consistent with the whole "enemy activity" and dust storm thing.

I'll stick to Emirates or Air Brit in the future.

I've got the tickets in my back pocket in Paris to transfer planes and some slick MF'er manages to get my tickets out of my back pocket in the middle of the airport. First lesson learned...After getting a reprint in a ticket counter in the middle of the airport I was saved by the Business Class Q through customs and check in as I had a miserly 20 minutes to catch the next flight. No passport stamp for France though and that was kind of a drag. The flight to Madrid was uneventful and no, I don’t recommend Air France food. Even the B-Class stuff was so sucky I didn't eat most of it. Emirates really have the upper hand on any other airline I have flown. Their meals just somehow taste so much better than most airplane food. I wonder why?

Touching down in Madrid with a two weeker in Ibiza coming up brought an unexplainable feeling of Euphoria. I had just under an hour and a half to check in with customs, claim my bag, buy a ticket on Air Europa, and get to the Promised Land. I should have been feeling nervous anticipation but it was more like just a feeling of "everything’s going to be all right, chill baby!" I wish I had the literal skills to describe how it all felt but there is no way to describe just being there at the time. Since it was Paris and Spain lets just call it a certain “Jenna say Kay?”

Air Europa…now that was another let down… I decided to splurge and spend the extra $150 on business class. That one was my choice and a bad one. I will be writing a small check to the first genuine charitable contact for feeding some of the fly-kids in Africa that is IM’d to me as on this one I do feel a bit guilty. The seats are the same as in the back but with a few more inches of leg room and a plastic tray stuck in the middle seat. You get to look down your nose disapprovingly at anyone passing by once your on the plane but of course, no champagne, warm towel, or more than a scowl from the placing Air-Europa least-attractive-air-attendant-contest (not sure which one but at least runner up). What a sucker I am. Welcome to Europe...I believe the expression translated from Ye-Old-Latin is "let the buyer beware." Second hard lesson learned...don’t expect too much in Europe or you'll be surely disappointed. It aint Asia.

Well, enough of the airline report.

Back