Amnesia Opening 2009

stephenscottlee

Hi guys,

Does ayone know when Amnesia opening party is in 2009. I usually go to Space opening weekend which is probably 29th May 2009 but after the queues to get in last time I was thinking of going to Amnesia opening instead.

For Space closing this year it was on 4th October, this was the same weekend as Amnesia so not sure if there going to do it the same time again in line with Space opening or whether it'll be on a different weekend.

Regards

Steve

this year amnesia openend on the first sat of june...so if things don't change, i guess they'll open on june 6th next summer.

Release Yourself @ Amnesia Ibiza 2009

1231826864.jpg

After seven years of hosting the extremely popular Release Yourself events at super-glam club Pacha in Ibiza town, intercontinental party architect Roger Sanchez has announced that he wants to shake things up this season by moving his weekly summer sessions to Amnesia. Instead of continuing to fly the Release Yourself flag at Pacha on Mondays, Roger will be taking to the helm of Amnesia’s revamped terrace every Tuesday from 23rd June right through to September. This seismic shift will see the house hero present an electrifying new series of Release Yourself productions alongside #1 ‘trance’ maestro Armin van Buuren and his increasingly diverse Armada night. It is a transition that not only provides the S-Man with a different perspective on dancefloor dynamics, but also gives team Release Yourself a fresh canvas on which to express the passion of the party.
Says Roger: ‘2009 marks the start of a new chapter in our Ibicenco Release Yourself story. It was time to up the ante and bring Release Yourself to a bigger room, and we are working hard to set the scene for something very special to happen here. We cherish our years at Pacha but change fans the flames of creativity, and I am excited about the invigorating challenges and adventures that lie ahead at Amnesia.’

Source

Sounds good hey !! Good ol' house music on the fantastic new terrace, and trance indoors 8)
I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not a big trance fan but I can take it in small doses and mixed with some good house music booty shakin' it could be an all-around fun night. Plus it'll be really interesting to see how/if Roger & Armin adjust anything about their events to make it more a more cohesive event overall.

Early contender for party of the season :?:

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not a big trance fan but I can take it in small doses and mixed with some good house music booty shakin' it could be an all-around fun night. Plus it'll be really interesting to see how/if Roger & Armin adjust anything about their events to make it more a more cohesive event overall.

I'm not a massive trance fan myself- especially the modern stuff, but the times I did go to Armada were awesome, amazing music all night , I'd like to go back again!

I agree Morbyd. I think it's great news. These are DJ's that could (and usually do) run nights on their name alone yet by joining up they're giving people the chance to see them both in one night, (Hope the ticket price isn't doubled though, but i'd understand if it did increase somewhat)

Hmmm maybe with the whole economic downturn this downsizing and doubling up is sign of things to come.

I think both rooms will compliment each other well. Roger's house can be quite driving and uplifting anyway, so would sit well with trance fans, and vica versa

I agree Morbyd. I think it's great news. These are DJ's that could (and usually do) run nights on their name alone yet by joining up they're giving people the chance to see them both in one night, (Hope the ticket price isn't doubled though, but i'd understand if it did increase somewhat)

Hmmm maybe with the whole economic downturn this downsizing and doubling up is sign of things to come.

I think both rooms will compliment each other well. Roger's house can be quite driving and uplifting anyway, so would sit well with trance fans, and vica versa

I can see them charging more then €65 for this one - Sounds a lot but on the grand scheme of things, you'd easily pay €50 to see either of them headline 2 different nights.

I can see them charging more then €65 for this one -
Sounds a lot but on the grand scheme of things,
you'd easily pay €50 to see either of them headline 2 different nights.
... cheap bastards - then they should charge 100 ****ing euros
n5jvk5.gif
10din0g.gif

you'd easily pay €50 to see either of them headline 2 different nights.

No you wouldn't. Armada has never been more than 40 Euros and much less some nights.

I remember paying 25 Euro (free bus from Kanya & free drink at Amnesia) for Armada 2 years ago, it was an Armin only night.

It had the reputation as being one of the cheapest nights on the island for a while.

But if they do jack the prices right up then they will be ripping the punters off severely. Many Armada fans won't leave the main room and people going specifically to see Sanchez won't stray far from the terrace- if at all.

... Many Armada fans won't leave the main room
and people going specifically to see Sanchez
won't stray far from the terrace- if at all.
that´s the point !
and if you squeeze 2 different good parties from different locations in one club
doesn´t mean that it´s still a good (mega)party...

But if they do jack the prices right up then they will be ripping the punters off severely. Many Armada fans won't leave the main room and people going specifically to see Sanchez won't stray far from the terrace- if at all.
I disagree. I think there will be a lot of people to wander back and forth. I think that'll be the strength of the night, and that's the genius of them linking up - to expose themselves (before you all start... not physically! :lol:) to fans of the other.

I think pricing will be quite reasonable. Sanchez would probably have been cheaper if not at Pacha (low overhead) and Armada already had a rep as a budget night. I'll guess in the 30-40 Eur range.

Back