Amnesia Opening 2009

Many Armada fans won't leave the main room and people going specifically to see Sanchez won't stray far from the terrace- if at all.

I dont agree with you entirely mate. I think some might not move from their favourite room, but others like myself and most of my mates would happily visit both rooms, listening to the same music for 8 hours gets a bit boring.

and if you squeeze 2 different good parties from different locations in one club
doesn´t mean that it´s still a good (mega)party...

Yes true, but I never saw Sanchez leaving Pacha for the Amnesia terrace coming- no matter what improvements they've done to it!

Most House DJ's would give their right eyeball to host a night at Pacha! :lol:

I dont agree with you entirely mate. I think some might not move from their favourite room, but others like myself and most of my mates would happily visit both rooms, listening to the same music for 8 hours gets a bit boring.

Yes of course, I agree that listening to one type of music all night can get boring for a lot of people (including myself), but I had the die hards in mind when I wrote that i.e. a large proportion of the Armada crowd, and I know a lot of House heads that would go there to see Sanchez and not set foot in the main room all night.

For them paying more money for a night they paid less for the previous year be it at Release Yourself or Armada, would be a bit of a rip off.

Id be surprised if they charged more that 40EUR for this night at the start of the season.. obviously, if it does well they might boost the price upto closer to 50EUR. Thats not bad though considering Release Yourself @ Pacha was 47EUR anyway!

I agree with whoever was saying Armarda was for Die Hards... that's a perfect description of this night!

if it does well they might boost the price upto closer to 50EUR. Thats not bad though considering Release Yourself @ Pacha was 47EUR anyway!

Yes it was, but like I said before- Armada had the reputation of being one of the cheapest nights on the island just a couple of years ago.

Armada regulars who have no interest in House music will be getting out-priced if they jack the pre sale prices up just because Sanchez is in the terrace.

I just need to chime in again and say how excellent of a night i think this is. Everytime i've gone to Ibiza, i have gone to see both Armin and Roger and had a great time at both. I for one, know that i would LOVE moving back and forth between the terrace and the main room on Amnesia with the quality of music being played on them.

Warm up on the terrace with roger and as the night gets a little more mental, make my way inside to have Van Buuren crank it out.

This is making me LONG for a vacation. ha ha ha

Fair point Neil. I guess you will always get those who just go for the trance and house etc..

But even so, you'd think they prefer a busy night with an electric atmosphere through out the club than a dead terrace.

Will Roger be doing his marathon sets like he did at Pacha?

Fair point Neil. I guess you will always get those who just go for the trance and house etc..

But even so, you'd think they prefer a busy night with an electric atmosphere through out the club than a dead terrace.

Will Roger be doing his marathon sets like he did at Pacha?

Yes definitely, I think this can only be a good thing for Amnesia on Tuesdays now they have Sanchez who will fill the terrace week in / week out after a few seasons of a packed main room and an empty terrace- remember the R n B thing they had on a couple of years ago?

If you like a bit of both (like myself) then it will be an awesome night, let's hope they don't go crazy with the ticket prices!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back