Amnesia and Space Closing Strategy

goodtimes

Thanks to the "previous Space layout" thread I think it's about time to start the detailed planning process for the annual visit.
Some advice then please on how to handle both Space and Amnesia closings. The only constraint is to fit in some daylight action in both locations.

The way I see it there are 3 options;

1) "The spacious". Amnesia 3am to 8am, Space 6pm til late. Pros - will have room to move in Amnesia before it gets rammed (if last year is anything to go by). Cons - if it isn't too rammed no doubt will be tempted to stay but a 3am start will put Space in jeopardy thanks to my aging disco legs.

2) "The maximiser". Amnesia 1am to 4am, quick disco nap, Amnesia 10am til close then straight to Space til late. Pros - Maximises clubbing time, Won't feel too bad making a fleeting visit to Amnesia in the am if its rammed. Cons - Lack of self discipline to leave at 4am, Don't think you get a passout so will have to pay twice.

3) "The daytime raver". Amnesia 7am til close, go straight to Space till late after a quick freshen up. Pros - Maximises daytime clubbing Cons - If Amnesia is rammed might struggle to get in, and it might be unbearable.

I guess the answer really depends on how rammed Amnesia will be this year. The fact its back to back with Space should naturally thin the maddening crowd a little won't it? So "the daytime raver" is the current favourite, what do the closing party vets reckon?

One thing is for sure, whichever plan I go for it will no doubt go completely out of the window as soon as the first vodka limon hits the gullet.

Another thing is for sure, I think I need to cancel that Ushuaia booking given recent events.

This is a epic thread lol im glad im not the only pre planner thats heading to the island :p.

Im pretty keen to be tip top for Space Closing because the line up is immense so i think im going to try and get to Amnesia at 6 am and then try and lbail Amensia and go straight to Space Closing for as long as i can. Hopefully at Space there is a pass out so you can get some food.

I can't imagine waking up at like 5 am getting ready to start drink to rock up to a club at 6 am with a massive day of getting loose ahead. Think im going to need a little help coughhhhhh cough lol.

when will the amnesia closing line up be announced? whats the score with space closing tickets, on the island or what?

I have to do the club closings next year, that sounds like a superb day. I leave the island on the 27th September and return on the 8th October, nicely timed too miss it!

we (and many many others) will do strategy 3 - daytime raver. yes amnesia closing will be rammed - but it's during the day when you get the best action of the whole party. it's been awesome for the past few years and i'm sure it will be just the same, even though the line up isn't announced yet. also, even though space closing happens on the same day, amnesia surely still will be absolutely packed. space closing is getting busy only later nowadays (at least it was the case for the last 2 years).

dave - there won't be no passout at space closing, pretty sure about that.
raveheaven - space closing tickets can be bought in our tkt shop: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events
amnesia closing tickets aren't on sale yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll do strategy 4 - the 'fusion' strategy:
Arriving early to Amnesia at around 1am (for Matinee closing), staying there until about 5-6am then hitting the hotel room for a short 3 hours sleep and back onto amnesia until it closes on Sunday afternoon (yes i'll pay again).
Then back to the hotel for a few hours rest and onto Space closing at around 20:00.

Fusion - I like your style. The Fusion strategy is kind of like "the maximiser", but either you're a lot younger than me or your vitamins are of a much higher quality to see that schedule through :)

Daveaus - with you all the way too. Having to drag my arse out of bed at 6am on October 2nd will be somewhat easier than the daily grind to get the Pendolino to London. However getting into bed on October 1st maybe a tad more problematic.

Stivi - daytime raver it is then! Your momentous reviews are partly responsible for my longing to experience the Amnesia closing so I'd be foolish not to follow your advice.

Nick - Meticulous planning gives way to complete incalcitrance as soon as the rubber hits the tarmac so I don't see much point in extending my planning horizon beyond the one day. As Doris would say "Que sera sera.."

I can't imagine waking up at like 5 am getting ready to start drink to rock up to a club at 6 am with a massive day of getting loose ahead. Think im going to need a little help coughhhhhh cough lol.

Had a little spell of going to bed, waking up early, grabbing a triple espresso with chocolate croissant & hitting certain London clubs at 5am-ish for an 'early start' a wee while back :)oops: - definitely getting older !) .. haven't done it in ages - it's actually great as you're so fresh and often some of the best stuff kicks off around then !

Daytime raver approach is a goodun !

Im going to be a sick sick lad on the 4th when i leave.

Amnesia closing>Space Closing> DC 10 closing :). I hope Space release set times because that would help in making a better call on whether to go back to the hotel for a bit before going into Space.

Man im excited.

Fusion - I like your style. The Fusion strategy is kind of like "the maximiser", but either you're a lot younger than me or your vitamins are of a much higher quality to see that schedule through :)
NEITHER!
I just love clubbing (and been doing it for 15+ years) and Ibiza as a whole!

Didn't know where to post this but i noticed Space Closing has added

SOS (Omid16b & Demi) to the line up :) JUICY.

So my question is what time does everyone think Space Closing will close ?

I think im going to have a early night on the 1st , wake up fresh as hell and head to Amnesia at 7.30 am. If the crowd gets to squashy and im not feeling it im going to head straight to Space. The Space line up is huge.

So my question is what time does everyone think Space Closing will close ?

Probs about 8 I'd guess, even though I've not lasted to the final tune at a Space closing for about 5 years :lol:

Those saying of going to Amnesia closing at 8am or so thats when my mates went last year and they said the queue were pretty bad

Probs about 8 I'd guess, even though I've not lasted to the final tune at a Space closing for about 5 years :lol:

Those saying of going to Amnesia closing at 8am or so thats when my mates went last year and they said the queue were pretty bad

i got there at 11am...and no queue at all and 20 euros entrance....this is the best strategy hehe!

anyone braving amnesia/space/dc10 closing. triple whammy?!

i did this last year and won't be doing it again for the reason of not wanting to endure amnesia closing crowd crushing again.... i also ended up a complete mess after the 3 days...

i took it easy on the saturday afternoon by just having a fews beers, went to bed at about 11pm, got up at 3am and was in amnesia for 5am.. didn't leave until nearly 3:30pm on sunday ( spending over 100 euro on water alone which was a complete rip off )... came back to our apartment, had more drinks with our neighbours and went to space at about 8pm... i didn't make it past 1am in space and ended up lying on the beach outside bora bora until 5am or so... went back to apartment to bed and was up the next day at 1pm or so... more drinks etc and was in dc-10 at 6pm... ended up on my own after everyone else faded and i din't leave until around 3am....

tuesday was THE worst day of my life!!!! :lol:

we arrive this year on the saturday morning so we're just doing space and dc-10.... i'm determined to actually enjoy both this year and then have 5 days chilling in the villa.. 8):D

Back