Am I a Chav?

maurice said:
is there such a thing as a 'queer chav' mmmm :eek:

There is night in London for gay chavs, I can't remember where but its around Hoxton somewhere and its sort of Goldie Looking Chains meets Fierce Girl meets Trade :lol:

Or so I've heard :confused:

BBS said:
maurice said:

There is night in London for gay chavs, I can't remember where but its around Hoxton somewhere and its sort of Goldie Looking Chains meets Fierce Girl meets Trade :lol:

liar u played there!

:lol:

BBS said:

I read an atricle on that in a mag, written by a chav and he was complaining saying that the punters arent real chavs, they just dress up like them.

This confused me... :lol:

stuie said:
BBS said:

I read an atricle on that in a mag, written by a chav and he was complaining saying that the punters arent real chavs, they just dress up like them.

This confused me... :lol:

Chav wannabies. What a scary thought :lol: :lol:

Fierce Girl - urghghhh!!! Who are these horrible little men :?:

We saw them at Godskitchen GG last July, they totally CLEARED the beach area after Oakie, what a load of shite! I was hoping they'd fade away into oblivion along with all the other lame acts I've seen in the past, but to my horror I saw an article with them in Mixmag the other day :!: :rolleyes:

Beckiboo said:
Fierce Girl - urghghhh!!! Who are these horrible little men :?:

We saw them at Godskitchen GG last July, they totally CLEARED the beach area after Oakie, what a load of sh*te! I was hoping they'd fade away into oblivion along with all the other lame acts I've seen in the past, but to my horror I saw an article with them in Mixmag the other day :!: :rolleyes:

I think 'Let's all Double Drop' and 'Kat Slater's my sister' are works of lyrical genius :eek: :lol:

rascalsilver said:
Beckiboo said:
You're not a chav. You don't live in a run-down part of the UK, wear baseball caps, scooby doo socks, big gold sovereign rings, fake Burberry, and Adidas 3 stripe tracksuits.

(At least you don't look like you do :rolleyes: )

Beckiboo, can I ask - how long have you used the word chav? Its new to me in Manchester. In our area we always knew them as Skally's, then the word chav came along - very confused...

We call thems neds. Scottish people wouldn't really use the word chav but I think more and more people up here know that it's just another word for ned. Ned means 'non-educated delinquent'.

I think 'Let's all Double Drop' and 'Kat Slater's my sister' are works of lyrical genius :eek: :lol:

Screaming at their top of their voices "Come on you c**nts lets all get f**kin messy, come on double drop wth me!!!" didn't really get a good reaction from the crowd put it that way :lol:

Beckiboo said:
Screaming at their top of their voices "Come on you c**nts lets all get f**kin messy, come on double drop wth me!!!" didn't really get a good reaction from the crowd put it that way :lol:

I dunno, I was doing what they were telling me :lol: ;)

They hurt my ears, I still don't know to this day wtf they were doing at Goblin :evil:

Chav, pikey, scally are all words with different antecedents - for example, pikey is an old derogatory term for a gypsy and has links with the Australian slang "piker", meaning unreliable person - but they mean roughly the same thing. They are heavily laced with snobbery and no little class hatred and fear. They are used to encapsulate middle class contempt for the perceived attitudes and behaviour of a post-industrial lumpenproletariat underclass that is seen as unforgiveably lazy, immoral, ignorant and perversely proud of it, thuggish and generally parasitical.

They were on the receiving end of Thatcher's destruction of traditional industry but alarm bourgeois taxpayers - who can then comfortably withhold sympathy and help - by appearing all too willing to substitute backbreaking shifts down't pit for life as dole bludgers and hustlers on the black.

These terms are usually used to describe white people. Equivalent epithets for black people are rudeboy/girl or ragga.

The American equivalents would be hillbillies, arkies, okies - white trash, in other words. Hunter Thompson, may he rest in peace, would have called them Linkhorns and there's an excellent piece by him (think it's in the Great Shark Hunt) on their journey from the town jails and workhouses of England in the 18th and 19th centuries to the post-World War Two boom zones of the American West Coast "breeding prolifically as they went".

White Trash Rule. Seriously - they elected Dubya. Twice.

chewie_oo7 said:
BBS said:
maurice said:

liar u played there!

:lol:

I thought I recognised you lurking in the corner, talking to some bloke in a Nike cap about modding your ride and where to get Burberry seat covers for the Mini from :lol:

Your secret is safe with me, Chewie :lol:

Back