Am I a Chav?

Dual_Life

There has been quite a lot of acrimony (great word, thanks to whoever showed me it) on this messagboard today, and much of it was centered around yours truly. It got me wondering, maybe I'm a chav? Put your vote in, based on what you heard from me over the past few months.

Some of it has to be about my bulimia joke; it was a joke, nothing more, I'm not encouraging anyone to become emaciated for the purpose of looking good, mainly because they don't look good without a healthy amount of fat on their body. Without curves, a girl looks pre-pubecent. I say be comfortable with who you are.

So tell me, am I a chav? If I am, I will wear the badge with pride.

Definately not. You don't seem chav-ish at all. Anyway I thought chavs were a British thing- with the burberry caps and the Nike Shocks?

You're not a chav. You don't live in a run-down part of the UK, wear baseball caps, scooby doo socks, big gold sovereign rings, fake Burberry, and Adidas 3 stripe tracksuits.

(At least you don't look like you do :rolleyes: )

Beckiboo said:
You're not a chav. You don't live in a run-down part of the UK, wear baseball caps, scooby doo socks, big gold sovereign rings, fake Burberry, and Adidas 3 stripe tracksuits.

Beckiboo, can I ask - how long have you used the word chav? Its new to me in Manchester. In our area we always knew them as Skally's, then the word chav came along - very confused...

Beckiboo, can I ask - how long have you used the word chav? Its new to me in Manchester. In our area we always knew them as Skally's, then the word chav came along - very confused...

I've used it for quite a while now I think :?: (Not like it's a huge part of my vocabulary or anything but you get what I mean :lol: ). I've known them as scally's aswell. In my own Chav days (yes I did used to be one :oops: ) we used to call them rudeboys/girls.

rascalsilver said:
Beckiboo said:

same here! i think it got here about a month or 2 ago lol,travelled fast ay

Chav is a personality not an image :confused:

a chav will argue with innocent people, cause trouble, shout and swear walking down the street, walk about in gangs, fight, steal, listen to dave pearce (joking ;) :) ) ....... just trouble in general.

There are lots of people who dress like chavs but dont cause any trouble at all and are genuine people! It's to do with the up bringing and area imo.

and.... your not a chav :confused:

It's been around ages, i've known of it since i worked on fun fairs in 1995/1996, the carneys all called travellers/gypsy's "chavs". They also used the word "chaps" a lot.

It only got more popular in the UK in the last two years or so though. I never use it mysefl, preferring to call that sort just general scum or pikeys.

rascalsilver said:

They're scallies where I come from as well Rascal :lol: I hate this media obsession with the word chav, they'll always be scallies or toerags to me :lol:

Barbie said:
rascalsilver said:

They're scallies where I come from as well Rascal :lol: I hate this media obsession with the word chav, they'll always be scallies or toerags to me :lol:

You don't know how relieved I am now Barbie - I was starting to think I'd just made up the word Skally!

Barbie said:

Yep, they are "charvers" where i come from, im not jumping on the media Chav bandwaggon :x

so many word for the same thing! i always find accents intresting! always wondered what it would be like to speak differentley and then listen to ppl from my area and see what i sould like! any one else think this??

Dual_Life you know you post what you post to get a reaction. I've posted something on another thread.

rascalsilver said:
You don't know how relieved I am now Barbie - I was starting to think I'd just made up the word Skally!

I think it's scally. if you put it into gaydar search it comes up with hundreds of 'chavs' :lol: from manc and liverpool! :lol:

:eek: ehhh gaydar?......gaydargirls more like....i got a profile there! 8) :D ma beetches love me!,yes you are a chav!,your dress sense is appaling,no doubt do your shopping in primark!..is there such a thing as a 'queer chav' mmmm :eek:

Dual_Life said:
acrimony (great word, thanks to whoever showed me it)
That'd be me :D You're quite welcome.
See what a $100,000 education and 10 years of student loans will do for you? 8)

Back