All things Ushuaïa & HÏ IBIZA...

Anyone been to last years opening of Ushuaia and hi ibiza? How was the experience?

@sat_ My rule of thumb has always been not to go to a club just for the purpose of visiting a club you haven't been to...you need to be into the music too....if you like the look of the line up when it comes out, chances are you'll have a good time...

Some Ibiza veterans are down on Hi/Ushuaia due to the ownership, and in the case of Hi, because it meant the end of "Space" which was a club much beloved by most people.... I would imagine it is very different now but I haven't been myself.

As it is IMS that weekend there should be a few parties I'd say as there will be demand.

How are ushuaia & hi ibiza these days? I'm coming for IMS Dalt Vila (first time, anything to know?) And thinking of doing ushuaia and hi openings next day.

Never been to ushuaia as the location never appealed to me - stage surrounded by hotel buildings. But how is the opening parties there maybe the vibe and atmosphere make it up? Is it worth checking it out at least once? Also how is hi opening?

And when do normally line ups and tickets drop for these parties?
I prefer day parties to night ones, so Ushuaia is usually great for me. I've had some good times at Ants, Disturbing and even Guetta. Didn't enjoy Elrow last year, maybe it's a different crowd than I'm used to. Ants isn't as good as it used to be, can be hit and miss with DJs and seeing every girl in the same outfit can be a bit tedious. Because of the novelty of an outdoor party, I'll always go to Ushuaia once when in Ibiza.

Hi is only good for the toilets IMO. Gets really crowded otherwise and outside of the aformentioned toilets, the atmosphere can be hit and miss (even for Glitterbox).

That being said, if you don't experience Hi/Ushuaia for yourself, just the once, you're doing your Ibiza trip a disservice

I prefer day parties to night ones, so Ushuaia is usually great for me. I've had some good times at Ants, Disturbing and even Guetta. Didn't enjoy Elrow last year, maybe it's a different crowd than I'm used to. Ants isn't as good as it used to be, can be hit and miss with DJs and seeing every girl in the same outfit can be a bit tedious. Because of the novelty of an outdoor party, I'll always go to Ushuaia once when in Ibiza.

Hi is only good for the toilets IMO. Gets really crowded otherwise and outside of the aformentioned toilets, the atmosphere can be hit and miss (even for Glitterbox).

That being said, if you don't experience Hi/Ushuaia for yourself, just the once, you're doing your Ibiza trip a disservice
Its a ultra commercial , mainstream club for the masses. All Ibiza clubs are more or less commercial , but this is even more.
You can go there and go out if its not your cup of tea. Its only a money thing ( one entrance for nothing ). Make your experience for yourself.

Its a ultra commercial , mainstream club for the masses. All Ibiza clubs are more or less commercial , but this is even more.
You can go there and go out if its not your cup of tea. Its only a money thing ( one entrance for nothing ). Make your experience for yourself.

Couldn't agree with this more. They have absolutely nailed it, to the point where [in the case of Hi] they have outgrown the venue they have done so well. The one thing I will add is (with the exception of Glitterbox) it is predominantly a very young and one-dimensional crowd - I have no issue with that - just stating a fact. It is not like a Pacha, DC10 or Amnesia some nights where you get a 18 year student on holiday next to the 50 year Earl of Kent. The people I have seen in DC10 in semi disguise you would be amazed at!

Couldn't agree with this more. They have absolutely nailed it, to the point where [in the case of Hi] they have outgrown the venue they have done so well. The one thing I will add is (with the exception of Glitterbox) it is predominantly a very young and one-dimensional crowd - I have no issue with that - just stating a fact. It is not like a Pacha, DC10 or Amnesia some nights where you get a 18 year student on holiday next to the 50 year Earl of Kent. The people I have seen in DC10 in semi disguise you would be amazed at!
Agree with DC10. Its not like 15 years ago. Sometimes aggressive crowd. Was a different planet between Akasha and DC10. Drugs ?

The big PdB clubs can not act in a other way : They are big and they need big names to attract a huge crowd ( they need huge crowds ). You can not install there chinois Djs for example ( most of them ) as headliners. Aoki , Guetta and so on are the chosen ones. Its ok. Its like a Taylor swift gig.

Agree with DC10. Its not like 15 years ago. Sometimes aggressive crowd. Was a different planet between Akasha and DC10. Drugs ?

The big PdB clubs can not act in a other way : They are big and they need big names to attract a huge crowd ( they need huge crowds ). You can not install there chinois Djs for example ( most of them ) as headliners. Aoki , Guetta and so on are the chosen ones. Its ok. Its like a Taylor swift gig.
I guess that was my worry that it will be full of tourist who are there because it's ushuaia and not for the music.

But then my hope was that the opening would attract a better more diverse crowd who are there for the music?

What same outfits do the girls wear😂

I guess that was my worry that it will be full of tourist who are there because it's ushuaia and not for the music.

But then my hope was that the opening would attract a better more diverse crowd who are there for the music?
The people who are there because it's Ushuaia will be on the outskirts of the dancefloor/pool.
The people who are there for the music will be on the dancefloor all night

I can't speak for anyone else, but if there's 2+ DJs I want to see, I will go.
Try it, you might like it

Last year we visited both Ush and Hi on different days. Like most club if you're in a good spot - you're having a good time when things come together: people/music/sound system/other.

We had fun at Ush and although Hi will never be on the same level as Space (where is) I have enjoyed it on my visits over the last two seasons. I had previously avoid it, even in years that Mrs went but there is still some fun to be had.

I'd be surprised if I don't party in both again this year 👍

I was at the Hi Opening Party last year in April and it was far too busy. Literally no space to move, even in the gardens. Wouldn't do their opening again as at times I felt like it was verging on unsafe - spoken like a true old lady! I've done a few nights at Hi when it's been busy but the opening was something else in terms of crowds. Would say it was more diverse than other nights, though. I might be the only one, but I don't think the sound quality is that great close to the front in the main room, either. And don't get me started on the toilets. Yes, it's novelty the first time you're there, but some people act like they've never seen flashing ceiling lights before... If you like the sound of someone on the line up, give it a go - only way to know is to try it :D

The people who are there because it's Ushuaia will be on the outskirts of the dancefloor/pool.
The people who are there for the music will be on the dancefloor all night

I can't speak for anyone else, but if there's 2+ DJs I want to see, I will go.
Try it, you might like it
I go2 ants for music but prefer the upstairs balcony at the back. Beside a bar, close to toilet and can go for a walk when u need a break

Afterlife July 4th - Aug 22nd only? Despite the earlier start, it's a really short season. Anyone know why

I go2 ants for music but prefer the upstairs balcony at the back. Beside a bar, close to toilet and can go for a walk when u need a break
I've been there once but I'm not sure if it's readily accessible all the time.

Saw a glorious view of a plane flying really low overhead, back when it used to

Back