Airport strikes...

I'm affected by this strike so I did a search this morning and apparently there's a meeting on august 31st... hopelly the parts will reach an agreement and cancel it!
for now the strikes are on standby... they're meeting again on september 7th to continue negotiating!

8754086.gif

praying we're not affected this weekend

Strikes aren't scheduled to start until 15 Sep. There's 25 days of strikes - each strike day will be full 24 hours. It's an AENA strike so nearly all Spanish airports will be affected. Parties still negotiating.

It's four different unions so services affected are listed as firefighters, refuelling, luggage belt, vehicle drivers, electricians, commercial, IT, security, control tower, among other tasks. Basically everyone !!

Dates scheduled so far -
September: 15, 17, 22, 24, 29
October: 1, 6, 11, 15, 27, 30, 31
November: 3, 5
December: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

https://economia.elpais.com/economia/2017/08/29/actualidad/1504033507_140401.html
https://economia.elpais.com/economia/2017/08/16/actualidad/1502879975_673160.html

Question.

Do you get the compo claim if there is a strike? I think I read somewhere not?

Going by list I've a strike day each day before I travel. Hope it has all caught up by the time I travel.

I
Question.

Do you get the compo claim if there is a strike? I think I read somewhere not?

Going by list I've a strike day each day before I travel. Hope it has all caught up by the time I travel.

Pretty sure you don't get compensation in case of strike ... it is only when it is deemed something the airline can control so weather or strikes not covered but maintanance issues or lack of crew then yes

I

Pretty sure you don't get compensation in case of strike ... it is only when it is deemed something the airline can control so weather or strikes not covered but maintanance issues or lack of crew then yes
Hopefully this gets sorted soon. Don't mind being stuck on the island just have to get there first.

Ohh good. I fly out on the 11th (no strike) and back on the 17th (strike) - any excuse to stay longer, with the insurance paying out of course! :p

There were 25, 1 day strikes planned starting in a couple of weeks, which would have effectively closed down airports across Spain, as it was all unions, not just the cleaners and the like from last time.

I understood these had been called off and talks restarted at the end of august, but there was apparently another meeting yesterday 7th Sept, and prior to that meeting it was said if talks broke down again, the strikes would go ahead!!

I can't find any news about what happened in those talks! Anyone who lives out there know any better?

Getting worried about my weekend in Oct, due to fly out on the 6th, which was a planned strike day, only there for the weekend so if the flight were cancelled I'd be screwed along with the tickets I've already bought ; ;

Considering flying out on the 5th just in case!

"But CCOO boss Francisco Javier Casado has warned that strikes will be called in all Spanish airports by the end of October if this month’s talks break down."

Brilliant!!!! were free until the seasons over its seems

I see Danny Kay has posted about Airport strikes starting 20th July. The day I’m due to fly out :mad:
What’s the deal with these sorts of things. Do they usually get resolved at the 11th hour or does this one look like a goer?

I see Danny Kay has posted about Airport strikes starting 20th July. The day I’m due to fly out :mad:
What’s the deal with these sorts of things. Do they usually get resolved at the 11th hour or does this one look like a goer?
Same day I fly out as well on the 6am out of stanstead. Fingers crossed it gets sorted otherwise clockstock is going to be half empty

I'm due to fly back from Ibiza next Monday to pick up my youngest then fly straight back... hopefully this is sorted out before then

Back