Airport strikes...

Oh.. thought it would be Tuesday coming. I am really mixed up with dates these days lol.. Weeks merge into months for me right now., :)

Terrible site for people waiting for taxi last weekend especially first timers:( a mate said to me outside airport "fkn hell look at the bins:evil: worst was all the mocochinos and coffee spilled everywhere. For an airport that is one off the cleanest ive ever seen it was sad day to arrive..

Are these strikes the type that could result in delays? Or just leaving litter to build up....never had any problems at this airport at all

AENA airport worker strikes rather than outsourced workers. Presumably extends to traffic control ? In which case definitely yes on delays.

@McRackin what categories of workers actually work for AENA rather than outsourced operations at the airport ?

Going out 2nd Oct, back 5th. So *fingers crossed* - the break's short enough without having delays chopped out of it - and the hotel's already paid for up front.

More strikes coming >>>> http://theibizan.com/chaos-predicted-spanish-airport-strikes/

The full list of planned strikes is as follows:
September: 15, 17, 22, 24, 29
October; 1, 6, 11, 15, 27, 30, 31
November: 3, 5
December: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Any chance these strikes could be cancelled / issues resolved? I was just going to book Birmingham to Barcelona (Dec 29) and Barcelona - Ibiza (Dec 30)?????/

I'm affected by this strike so I did a search this morning and apparently there's a meeting on august 31st... hopelly the parts will reach an agreement and cancel it!
Fingers crossed as fly out on 15th and back on 24th! Couldn't be more (hopefully not) unlucky ✈️

yeah, i had enough so i'm outta here!

68exk2.jpg

(not gonna happen any decade soon, rickie :D)

Dont know if this means anything but ryanair have dropped flights to £93 for 1st/10/17. Could be a deal, could be me clutching at straws, or do they know something we dont that its gonna go ahead....

I land on Ibiza the 1st of October... Mmmmm. Strike day :(

Incoming flights EU is just land and walk out. Dont expect major problems.

Respect the strike. No salary and if so 800 euro... Jesus... The greed is taking over Ibiza.

Back