air france plane missing..

something isn't adding up! and now they are saying the wreckage and oil slick isn't from the plane! :confused:

There are also rumours of a mid air collision with another plane, possibly an illegal one, like for trafficking, very strange :confused:

Edit: Just read this, probably makes more sense.

Investigators are reported to be relying on a stream of automated messages sent out just before the crash, which suggested the plane's systems shut down as it flew through high thunderstorms.

France's air safety investigation agency said on Friday that the messages revealed an "inconsistency in the different speeds measured".
It has been suggested that speed sensors failed or iced over, causing erroneous data to be fed to onboard computers. This might have caused the plane to fly too fast or too slowly through the storm, leading it either to break apart or stall and fall out of the sky.

A Spanish pilot flying in the area at the time of the crash was quoted by his airline, Air Comet, as saying he had seen an "intense flash of white light, which followed a descending and vertical trajectory and which broke up in six seconds".

Last edited by a moderator:
At cruising altitude of 30,000 ft and above, wouldn't another plane have shown up on radar though (even without a flight plan or transponder)?

Also all modern jets have TCAS to avoid collisions so they Air France pilots would have been made aware of any approaching 'threat'.

What i've understood, civilian planes don't show in air traffic radar without the transponder. They only show in the military radar. Tcas only works if both planes have that turned that and transponders on. Small single engine planes and glider planes have no transponders and they don't show up in the radar. But they could never be that high.

A plane will break up in the air without a bomb if it dives fast enough. The air flow will rip a plane part. But then again, if the plane has malfunctioning air speed meters and it would stall, there would be time to send mayday or some sort of message if the pilots had the time to send that instead of trying to take control of the plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
coming back from honeymoon, about mid atlantic, but approx 1000 miles further north, we hit a storm and it's probably the worst turbulence I've ever encountered, and it lasted for about an hour, I never thought a 747 could be thrown around like that, but its some feat of engineering that that can stand that. all i could think of was how bloody cold it would be in the water if we went down!!

so I cannot imagine the ferocity of a storm that could break up a plane mid air!!coley is right, that 15mins must have been terrible :cry:.....IF thats what happened. Lot's of conflicting reports now though.........the plot is definately thickening!

Air France will cover up whatever they find in their usual style.

Back