Afterlife @ HÏ 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Afterlife is still rammed, even at 05:00. Busiest I've seen Hï this summer

You know what we are going to ask next. But…. How was the crowd? Better than previous years? Music wise, I assume amazing with the talent on that list

Last edited:
Main room was ridiculousy busy, even from when I got there at 1. Stayed for abit before popping into the club room. Mind Against were so good like always. They played the type of set ToU should have. Just proper melodic bangers, with limited dodgey vocals & filler tracks.

But yeah Tale of Us were the opposite I felt. There was alot of stop start, and times where there was just nothing to dance to but it dragged on & on. Can't fault the production, it was on another level & got trippy at certain points. Didn't like the lighting though, it was just too bright at times. Not ideal when everyone can see you out of your bin. Left at 6.15 when ToU were going B2B2B with Kobosil & Jon of Rufus Du Sol.

Main room was ridiculousy busy, even from when I got there at 1. Stayed for abit before popping into the club room. Mind Against were so good like always. They played the type of set ToU should have. Just proper melodic bangers, with limited dodgey vocals & filler tracks.

But yeah Tale of Us were the opposite I felt. There was alot of stop start, and times where there was just nothing to dance to but it dragged on & on. Can't fault the production, it was on another level & got trippy at certain points. Didn't like the lighting though, it was just too bright at times. Not ideal when everyone can see you out of your bin. Left at 6.15 when ToU were going B2B2B with Kobosil & Jon of Rufus Du Sol.
Yes TOU are very hit and miss for me, mostly miss the mark to be honest

The hang down man still seems to be there too

Screenshot_20220708-223329_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708-223329_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708-223329_Instagram.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 10
Totally packed, shoulder to shoulder experience. They don’t care about the customers, their experience and safety… it’s all about the money.
Victim of it’s own success.

That’s decent - loved Enter at Space. I’ve never really worked to ToU. Watched their Tomorrowland set and it was basically EDM for trendy’s. Big build up, slightly to long uncomfortable drop, breakdown, rinse repeat for an hour. Seemed way too formulaic for me

Thinking to go to an Afterlife party at HI on 15th.

We donot like what Tale of Us play (very boring), but the lineup at the Club caught my attention. Anna, Amelie and others who usually play techno. If anyone has first hand experience, can you pls share ?

Are the styles of music at the Theatre and the Club so different ? If yes , we would go to Afterlife but only to the Club.

Thinking to go to an Afterlife party at HI on 15th.

We donot like what Tale of Us play (very boring), but the lineup at the Club caught my attention. Anna, Amelie and others who usually play techno. If anyone has first hand experience, can you pls share ?

Are the styles of music at the Theatre and the Club so different ? If yes , we would go to Afterlife but only to the Club.

the theatre will be what you say bores you
the club is banging techno

Great time last night, Amelie Lens blew the roof off the club room as expected. Picking up where she left off with the Exhale residency. She's at Afterlife again next week too 👀 Tale of Us were better than I've seen them in a while, I also preferred the lighting in the main room compared to before, the less bright, the better. Both rooms were comfortably busy.

Great time last night, Amelie Lens blew the roof off the club room as expected. Picking up where she left off with the Exhale residency. She's at Afterlife again next week too 👀 Tale of Us were better than I've seen them in a while, I also preferred the lighting in the main room compared to before, the less bright, the better. Both rooms were comfortably busy.

I was one of the biggest critics of that Club Room in previous years, but a few people said they have had some amazing nights in there recently (including me). The Theatre definitely attracts more spectators Vs the Club Room from what I’ve seen over the past 3 weeks on numerous nights.

I was one of the biggest critics of that Club Room in previous years, but a few people said they have had some amazing nights in there recently (including me). The Theatre definitely attracts more spectators Vs the Club Room from what I’ve seen over the past 3 weeks on numerous nights.
Everytime I've went it's been top notch. The music is usually better than the main room & obviously alot more room to breath like you said. Plus the stripped back production fits with the darker sound.

Back