Afterlife @ HÏ 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Class night last night - it was busy but trick is to tolerate being bashed around during first 20-30mins of tale of us then it eases up. Innellea brilliant and afterlife production as expected was on another level, a lot of their new NFTs and visuals used that they’ve been promoting on their socials. Felt like the sound system in Hi was better than usual last night and I was only just there on Tuesday. Really good b2b with innellea last hour, hold me to the light hit us in the feels especially since it was last night, feeling it today🤒

Class night last night - it was busy but trick is to tolerate being bashed around during first 20-30mins of tale of us then it eases up. Innellea brilliant and afterlife production as expected was on another level, a lot of their new NFTs and visuals used that they’ve been promoting on their socials. Felt like the sound system in Hi was better than usual last night and I was only just there on Tuesday. Really good b2b with innellea last hour, hold me to the light hit us in the feels especially since it was last night, feeling it today🤒
Was there too, totally agree with this.

See so many complaints about afterlife / ToU / Hi. Totally unwarranted based on that experience, and thought it might be one of the best nights I’ve ever been to. I guess if you are obsessed with the more bohemian type raves from the 90s then this seems too polished, but this is what I’m looking for - don’t think I have seen better production. Also don’t know what people are saying about the sound system, it was absolutely perfect, banging but not too loud so it hurts your ears, which I suspect is also related to the number of people in the room (likely less than August).

Tale of us sound has changed since last time I saw them about 4 years ago - it is now distinctly progressive / melodic techno, rather than techno / melodic / tech house. This is a change I like, but be warned if you don’t like a slightly more drop/breakdown focused sound (not talking big room house levels here, but certainly more than in a pure techno set).

Didn’t spend much time in the club room but Amelie seemed killer from what I saw and clear they are bringing the energy in that room for those who find ToU too chill.

For me it was the first night on the island this year - going to be hard to top :/

Was there too, totally agree with this.

See so many complaints about afterlife / ToU / Hi. Totally unwarranted based on that experience, and thought it might be one of the best nights I’ve ever been to. I guess if you are obsessed with the more bohemian type raves from the 90s then this seems too polished, but this is what I’m looking for - don’t think I have seen better production. Also don’t know what people are saying about the sound system, it was absolutely perfect, banging but not too loud so it hurts your ears, which I suspect is also related to the number of people in the room (likely less than August).

Tale of us sound has changed since last time I saw them about 4 years ago - it is now distinctly progressive / melodic techno, rather than techno / melodic / tech house. This is a change I like, but be warned if you don’t like a slightly more drop/breakdown focused sound (not talking big room house levels here, but certainly more than in a pure techno set).

Didn’t spend much time in the club room but Amelie seemed killer from what I saw and clear they are bringing the energy in that room for those who find ToU too chill.

For me it was the first night on the island this year - going to be hard to top :/
Yep, all spot on.

They've absolutely nailed their formula.

Those last 2 hours were a total waste of money. Never again Ushuaia.
Sven played a decent set. Everything after that was a techno remix version of David Guetta in a crapy location with crapy people. Only can hope HI gets any better...

Last edited:
Phwoar! Did Sven request a minimum volume level at Ushuaïa in his rider? It's loud!
If you call that loud something is wrong with your ears. Been right in front of the boxes, but it was not even close to what it should be.
Any given open air in any location in Europe in the middle of any city in front of a church on a noon at a Sunday would have been louder.
Mmmhhh maybe I just get old and remember different times...

If you call that loud something is wrong with your ears.
My ears probably are f***ed in fairness, but compared to the last ANTS I went to it was infinitely louder

Also ventured to the front for TOU and Maceo Plex and it didn't sounds as loud or as crisp, so I think the sweet spot was right in the middle between the two pools

Also because the crowd was a lot thinner there, there was no hubbub of chat or bodies absorbing the music

The same in Cova Santa. Often much better sound if you stand on the stairs as opposed to the dancefloor

I wasn’t there but sounded like it was definitely loud. Could have been how the sound travelled but you could hear it from the top of the walls of Dalt Vila.

Marcel Dettman and Ben Klock saved the night and played an awesome set.
ANNA was also fine, but nothing really special.
Kobosil killed it as always, but that kind of music just don't fit the HI crowd.
Mainstage was always to full... never could stand it for more then 5 minutes. So no idea about how it was over there.

I went to Ushuaia last night. I never really liked the place but I think this was my best night ever there. Good music, much nicer croud, female ratio was good😊 Sven was top and even Tou and Plex was better then expected. especially Plex, have read alot negative about him latly but he played many tunes I really liked

Marcel Dettman and Ben Klock saved the night and played an awesome set.
ANNA was also fine, but nothing really special.
Kobosil killed it as always, but that kind of music just don't fit the HI crowd.
Mainstage was always to full... never could stand it for more then 5 minutes. So no idea about how it was over there.
I did main room for Dixon for an hour and found a decent spot, agree on Anna being decent when i arrived and the hour of Klock and Dettman i heard was very good. Dont remember much after that, its a bit blurry still but missus took a turn for the worst at some point and was being sick, still feels rotten and we check out in less than 30 mins 🙈

Edit... she wasnt sick in the club, but in the hotel once home.

Last edited:
Back