A Recap in preparation of this year’s adventure.

Im not a robot

Ok, so I was inspired by OllieNotts and kimajy writing compelling reviews which, in part allowed me to relive my experience and shape what I hope to do on future visits.

After repeated attempts to get an account, I was finally accepted (maybe posting from Afghanistan has something to do with it? IDK)

A bit of background:

I have always enjoyed electro in most forms (growing up in the 80s in the US probably helped) and started to really enjoy going out and dancing terribly after my divorce left me surprisingly happy in 2006.

Through various references in pop culture and the pervasive myth that is Ibiza trickled it's way into my subconscious as the top of a rather short bucket list.

Fast forward a bit more, I make friends with a guy and eventually meet and become good friends with his younger brother “Mike” (names changes to protect the guilty) in DC. We hit the clubs there regularly and have a great time. He had been to Ibiza several times and proselytized the virtues and vices of Ibiza to epic levels.

2011 found me in Afghanistan starting up a program essentially doing nothing but work for 6 months straight in the most restrictive environment possible. Good news was that I made a ton of money and was able to schedule 3 weeks off in August.

So I message “Mike” asking if he wants to go to Ibiza and the rest is the story below….

Day 1

Dates: 8-16 August 2011
Hotel: Jet Bali Beach Apartments
Budget: I probably spent something like $10,000 with air fare and hotel but wasn't really counting.

Pre-party: August 2nd I board a plan out of Afghanistan to Dubai from there I transfer to a KLM flight to Amsterdam with a 4 day lay over to adjust back to society in a place where no one will notice if I'm more than a bit off. Also, Dance Valley (http://www.dancevalley.com/2012/) was going on and I thought a day long Electro fest was a fine way to prepare for Ibiza. Steve Angello was flawless closing and meeting a group of self proclaimed ‘Dirty Dutch' college girls as leaving made me wish I could stay longer but it was time to get on a plane, meet “Mike” and go to Barcelona.

Barcelona was a blur. I finally took the stitches out on my hand from a prior accident and was looking to good and proper drunk (I'm always careful to not get too messed up if I don't have a buddy to watch my back if for no other reason than at least I have a co-defendant to split the legal fees). We have a blast to say the least and I meet a cute Ukrainian girl who would take a lead role in my story after Ibiza during the week I spent in Barcelona to detox after the White Isle. The night ended around sun up somewhere near the beach eating the worst sandwiches I can ever remember (given how drunk we were, waffle house would have been delicious). A cab to our hotel near the airport, short black out, and a few drinks to start the engine and we were on a plane to Ibiza. Point of all this: life is always strange for me. Meeting a group of college girls in Amsterdam who would have probably been much fun if I had one more day (god knows they were not shy on the bus), and meeting a Ukrainian girl is Spain that spoke English and Spanish is par for the course. I'm not overly outgoing or anything, it's just that odd **** happens to me.

Upon getting off the plane and taking my first breath of Ibiza air, I knew I was stepping out into an entirely different world. The feel of that breath and the transformation it made in my brain chemistry was something profound in a way I have described many times now and I know some of you understand it.

We hop into a cab and get to the Jet Apartments. Bit of a pissing contest as they try to put me into a different room than I ordered, quickly settled after one night (overbooking is apparently possible or someone just decided to squat for an extra day). The room was perfect with an amazing view of the beach and Ibiza town (I'll post photos latter if I can find them).

A short nap (aided by some Captain Morgan) and I meet back up with “Mike” and meet “Nancy” who arrived earlier in the day. Dinner and a quick “egg” run saw us straight to hit up Tiesto @ Privilege. After 5 “cloudy” days in Amsterdam, a bender in Barcelona, I can not really recall getting to the place but have a clear memory of the enormity of the joint and feeling very small (it was fairly empty so in hind sight we were probably a bit early).

The whole set up struck me as half industrial half primal cave and worked really well. We got some drinks, hung out for a bit and made our way to the dance floor after a bit finally taking station next to what looked like a large martini glass. The music was good, the crowd was happy with room to move, overall it was a great vibe and the booze in my veins was keeping the engine at least on idle. It felt great to be with friends and as the room filled up, there was a feeling of community and togetherness that is hard to describe to anyone that has never felt it. This was all before enjoying the earlier procured “eggs”. As “Mike” and I had not partook in quite some time (it was high school for me) “Nancy” stood watch as we dove in.

Let me just say that what I had back in the states during my ill spend youth did little to prepare me for the mind bomb I had just swallowed. The ramp was not so bad and I came up gradual and happy and all the wariness of the last week melted from me as the warm up for Tiesto completely rocked the place. Fist pumping and hugging and happy feet ensued and it seemed like a good time for us to pop our second disco pez and “Nancy”, dropped her first. I remember going to the restroom/WC and thinking “Damn, this is a ****ed up cave with a drain…” the epic adventure back to my friends saw me order a round of drinks for my little group, drink mine, theirs, find a different bar, and repeat before I got back to my now rather concerned friends. My phone had stopped working as is rather normal for traveling abroad for me and they could not call me (stupid sim cards). By this time I'm probably a bit of a wreck and am a bit unqualified to judge. They pump me with water to no noticeable effect other than additional sweat. However, I am back with friends, feeling like superman on crack, and Tiesto comes on… The beats our of the place combined with everything struck something buried deep in my soul and I distinctly remember a point where I was doing the dancing/jittering zombie thing and the clear though came to me that 1. I was probably not going to get laid tonight and 2. it did not matter because I was, maybe for the first time in my life completely happy on the spot and in the moment. That feeling of freedom and peace literally brought me to tears. I remember looking over at “Mike” and all he could render for speech was “Ohhh WOW just WOW”… At least I knew I was not a light weight. “Nancy” being a bit more seasoned a veteran of the physic wars held her own with poise and grace, even indulging in a second herself with no visible effect.

Now, most people will account that to the influence of mind altering drugs and possibly sleep deprivation but I honestly found peace in my life and came as close to a higher being that I ever thought possible right there on the dance floor. Then they light show really started and the buzz continued to escalate… Looking back, the worst was the teeth grinding. Annoying to say the least, it continued to get worse and chewing stuff did not help. At one point I was chewing on my straw from a drink and “Mike” and “Nancy” took it away from me in what might have been the most caring and most asshole move ever. I ended up shattering one of my wisdom teeth that night… probably should have only took one I guess… At least it did not hurt.

The rest of the show is a surprisingly long blur that seemed to go on for hours and also seemed to be just a moment… It seems to change shape in my memory even now. I certainly remember the songs from that night as they still trigger a happy little part of my brain that starts dancing. The lighting was insane, in particular the point where all the can lights above the stage, which had been ordinary can lights all throughout the show, decided suddenly that they would do figure eights and dance with me… That was beyond gracious of them as it really took the experience to a different level. It was timed perfectly with a change to a deeper house style beat that I felt strike me through and through. There was a guy that came out to sing the parts from in the dark, again, that mixed with the lights was phenomenal!

At some point, “Nancy” took a pic of me very wide eyes, shirtless and sweaty… I guess she may black male me some day. Anyway, I guess we left at some point… I don't really remember that. We get back to Jet area and I go to my apartment and them to theirs… I of course am still MASSIVLY high and can't sit down let alone sleep…. So I decides it's a great idea to go walking and see what Ibiza has to offer at 6-7 am (I know the sun was up).

So I put in my headphones and start to walk… I think I made friends with a African hooker who appreciated the fact that all I wanted to do was talk (paying for sex has always seemed silly to me as most of the fun is generally in the hunt… otherwise, sex is sex unless you actually care for the person). During this time I become a bit of a photographer and take some pictures of the lovely island in the morning. I really mean it. Walking around that early is a surreal march through a serene beauty most people probably miss. At some point I end up in a diner somewhere between playa den basso and Ibiza town eating a delicious breakfast that unfortunately my stomach did not like (several days of hard drinking leave me in a state where solid food is only possible when drunk). I was very sober, very awake still, could feel tired creeping up on me, and now, kinda lost. Well it's a small island… I end up in Ibiza town somewhere find the beach and with that nugget of information, walk back to the playa den basso region. Once back in my room, I showered and went to bed having experienced what I would easily consider one of the best 48 hours of my life.

With 8 days left, I had already been to an amazing show that easily beat all but the best concerts I have ever been to (a 1990's slayer and an 2001-ish inflames concert (they were still great) being my points of reference), the night easily beat all of my bar/club nights combined without getting laid, the shattered tooth was a bummer but didn't seem so bad, and, despite the high getting a bit rough, the drug experience was the best I could remember (though my memory is notably bad and I had been mostly out of regular use since college).

Ha ha love the reference to the come up. My first pills were at cocoon and I had never heard techno before. Mad how the whole thing can just feel so "right" and makes an amazing experience. Would not liked to of been walking anywhere alone at the end of the night off my tits though :lol:

At some point, “Nancy” took a pic of me very wide eyes, shirtless and sweaty…

I have some awful 'gurn' photos, hehe, god knows why we even take the camera out when we know we are getting in a state....I dont have kids yet, but Jesus I do not want them seeing any of them ones :eek:

Hahaha, love your post :) I guess most of us have some rather shameful pics from our visits to the magic isle, I certainly hope to add to that collection on my September visit 8:twisted:

Keep it coming ;) .. am reminded of much younger days when those first moments of true dancefloor liberation were experienced.

Eventually (after much practice to make absolutely certain :lol:) I worked out how to 'go there' on a bottle of water if in the right mindset, in the right company and in the right place - which was an even bigger revelation I don't reckon I'd ever have experienced without being shown the way.

Morgan King knew what he was on about when he made this 8) ... http://soundcloud.com/morgan-king/im-free-original-mix @ 3.27mins ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good review and has me raring to go back to Ibiza :) not long now.

Some cracking reviews this year !!!!

Day 2 (August 9th)

To be honest, much of day 2 is lost for good. It seems my memory just isn't there. I remember drinking straight rum to pep up in the morning and get the horrible taste out of my mouth. I figured since I had undressed myself and was clean the minor incontinence of a broken tooth was almost an acceptable side effect as when I drink to oblivion I usually regain conscious with my belt and one shoe off feeling decidedly un-rested. As is I felt more or less good, certainly well rested and, as the rum quickly metabolized as sugar, I knocked on “Mike” & “Nancy's door to see what was going on. I think we went to the beach but the constant trickle of booze down my through prohibits me from remembering details other than agreeing to meet up around midnight to go to space that night. Being a semi-pro drunk (I played rugby once upon a time) I knew that a nap would be in order to fool my body into thinking that it had not gotten drunk and sobered up so I go to the little diner on the corner up the street from Jet where the street turns left and some how convince them to pour ‘mucho quanto coffee' (did I mention just how bad my Spanish is?) into a large cup. It was bad but I slammed it and rode the wave of sleepy warmth and boozy bliss to bed. My alarm woke me up feeling absolutely f'n great! Caffeine in your system as you nap does wonders.

Being clear headed, sober, and back again on the high of being at peace, we head to space for Carl Cox. A quick trip to the grocery store found my pocket full of ‘eggs' of a different color (less jitters he promised) and we walked down to Space stopped at an ATM only to find that my card had been turned off. (guess they felt my spending was excessive). O well, I had about 100 Euros left and decided that I would be off the booze tonight in favor of the delicious ‘eggs' that I was determined to handle better.

We got there early again (before midnight from the time stamp of my blurry photos) but that was fine. We sat at the bar in the entrance (remember I had never been to Space before) and enjoyed some conversation and people watching. I talked to a few groups of girls but pulling one from a flock early as a single guy is no small feat and my damned phone was still not working so I only got the thrill of chatting up international hotties and the cross cultural annoyance of them expecting me to buy them drinks. Now don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly willing to buy a drink if I'm going to the bar and we have established a bit of a friendship but it's never going to be my first move and if a girl actually asks, I figure she's just a bitch of a gold digger anyway and it would be more honest to just buy a real whore… (a professional would at least leave in et morning). So I go back to M&N and seeing my disappointment they make an informed decision to pop round 1 with me. As the music plays and the drug comes on stage in my brain, we dance and enjoy the minor show of the dancers and stilt wearing clowns. The opening act was good, got the small but passionate crowd going and it really felt like a neat little bar scene. I will confess I thought the place was stupid small in comparison to Privilege and, as it got more crowded, I mentioned to M&N that I thought the place would be bigger. They laughed and just told me to wait.

Not too much longer and I was pleasantly surprised to ride the living tide of people in what laterally felt like being jettisoned into ‘space'. The place felt huge as all the people who had been packed in the entrance spread out and disappeared for sight. The ambient lighting was beautiful and as I took sight of the model quality girls behind the bar, my retarded male mind jumped right to “I need a drink”. I really don't know why but even knowing it's a ploy to get me to buy drinks, hot girls at bars make me buy drinks. I hate me for that but being a Captain Morgan fan and seeing only crappy rum, I go for an Orange juice and vodka figuring I could use the vitamin C.

Over the next few hours, I explore Space in all it's glory and must say that it did not disappoint. The ability to switch rooms and get a different club experience was great and the people were cool. I got to see some drunk-brit-on-holiday antics (sorry guys I know it's a stereotype but I really thought the staff was being as gentle and nice as possible given the situations). The x was really perfect tonight with a slow easy rise, no jitters, a clear head (I think booze had lost it's effect in general and I handle vodka like an Olympic Literball champ) the orange juice was delicious too and really seemed to help my failing organs rally. Needless to say, I was effectively out of money after about 2 hours, had popped my second pill, and after thoroughly exploring the place, returned to M&N with several conclusions:

1. I am apparently gay attractive. If I liked guys, I could have gotten laid about a dozen times in the past 2 hours.
2. While I believe I'm generally attractive to women, they do not seem all that interested when in a club and precious few are alone at all.
3. My chances of getting laid were decidedly low.
4. The grocery clerk was my new best friend as tonight's brain soufflé was most delicious and, in fact was good enough for a third helping.
5. The place was really filling up.
6. There is a room which I certainly will not be going back to again in the club right up the stairs on the right before you get to the top.
7. There was some excellent music to the left of the stairs on eth ground floor (the room like a cave).

So I convince them to give up their over watch spot and come enjoy the live sax and bongos going on. The sound was honestly not perfect but the room was small and people were less zombie and more enjoying the music here so we had a blast. Back in DC there was this guy that would play some of the nicer clubs (current sushi, Lima, and a drinks giving party at the W come to mind) and do a live Sax part. As “Mike” and I formerly frequented these places, we developed a taste for such performance and with old memories swirling enjoyed the entire set. Absolutely wonderful time.

So we resume post as the warm up to Carl Cox is underway. They guy has the dance floor pumping, the population is just short of crowded and everyone is having a great time. I have by now long since discovered that I can use my credit card (with passport ID to buy drinks) and the mix of MDMA and booze tonight produced literally the best vibe I have ever gotten surpassing LSD as my favorite experience. At this point, I must admit to falling into what I believe is my curse at space. I started getting bored. I don't know why the music was good, I just could not ‘get into it' maybe it's just the attraction of going somewhere else (a different room) but off I go on my own again… now just shy of completely wrecked but well in control.

After several more polite and flattering advances from men and one very promising encounter with a German girl who's eyes said yes but who's English was so bad (and my German so much worse) it just did not work L I found myself back with M&N looking over the dance floor when, out of the depth of my despair of not getting laid for yet another night, that most perfect thing happens. I make eye contact with an attractive blond in the crowd. Now, ladies and gentlemen, let me be honest, I have the uncanny ability to know, upon eye contact, if a woman is willing to sleep with me if I say and do the right things. It's a gift that is sometimes rewarded with opportunities such as this where I make eye contact and know for certain that she wants me as much as I want here and the rest is simply the prelude to a kiss.

So, upon this ray of sunshine hitting me square in the eye and realizing my current state, I recall asking “Nancy” ‘hey, I know I'm a bit drunk and more than a little horny, see that blond down there? Will I regret that in the morning?'

This folks is why having a woman in your group is invaluable. She looks the situation over and replies ‘The one with the big tits? No, I think you should go for it. It'll be good for you.'

So I descend to the floor and make my way to over figuring casual was the best course for this and betting on patience paying off just dance nearby for a bit making eye contact occasionally and smiling. The return smiles proved that every woman loves a polite approach and a bit of flirting. During a lull in the volume I say hi praying with every bit of my soul that she speaks English. Thankfully she does… though it is actually British with a Russian accent. Cool pleased to meet you “Kay”. I get along well with Russians and have worked/partied with them enough to feel an extra surge of confidence that I am 100% getting laid tonight. Really, the only thought that was bugging me was ‘Is she an escort and just going to demand cash?... well that and is this the woman that will steal my kidneys?' (I tend to be a paranoid person in general).

We retire to the terrace and chat and actually hit it off surprisingly well with a genuine friendliness blooming between us. I offer a round of drinks as talking is thirsty work and as I mentioned previously, I may not lead with that and don't respond well if asked but at this point it was warranted. As I get the drinks, several guys descend on “Kay” attracted by the massive expanse of cleavage on parade all of whom look like someone ran over their puppy when I return and she puts an arm around my waist and takes her drink with a very pleasant thank you.

We get to talking some more and go down and dance some more and see Carl Cox who we agreed was actually a bit disappointing. Sorry but again, I just was not feeling it. The light show was great it was just that the music had no groove and felt almost mechanical. “M&N” were burning out by now and headed home in the middle of Carl's set. “Kay” and I enjoyed , more drinks, more dancing, and more patience on my part even though the additional half round of X was tricking my parts into feeling like I have a tiny octopus massaging my rod. Finally, during a transit to the restroom, she asks me what I want to do. I calmly reply that I would like very much to kiss her. Worked perfectly. Being Russian, the next words out of her mouth were said in true Russian humor “So now what would you like to do?” A quick reply of how does a nice walk along the beach back to my place works perfectly.

A beautiful stroll along the beach as the sun just started to brighten the horizon, a switch to straight Captain at my place (even I don't enjoy Captain straight but I was clean out of coke) as we watch the sun rise quickly saw her sloppily drunk. The result was a bit miserable and certainly less than satisfying for the evening.

A quick trip to the grocery store found my pocket full of ‘eggs' of a different color (less jitters he promised)

The ambient lighting was beautiful and as I took sight of the model quality girls behind the bar, my retarded male mind jumped right to “I need a drink”. I really don't know why but even knowing it's a ploy to get me to buy drinks, hot girls at bars make me buy drinks. I hate me for that

1. I am apparently gay attractive. If I liked guys, I could have gotten laid about a dozen times in the past 2 hours.

After several more polite and flattering advances from men and one very promising encounter with a German girl who's eyes said yes but who's English was so bad (and my German so much worse) it just did not work L

As I get the drinks, several guys descend on “Kay” attracted by the massive expanse of cleavage on parade

you got me cracking up! :lol: great review so far....

Needless to say, I was effectively out of money after about 2 hours, had popped my second pill, and after thoroughly exploring the place, returned to M&N with several conclusions:

You are likely right .. maybe it's partly that gay guys are more forward than most girls in clubs though.. I get propositioned fairly often by guys in clubs though I'm not gay, especially when I've been dancing alone and am really into it. If you're feeling horny too they probably just pick up on it and give it a whorl ?

Day 3 (August 10th)

Odd how days get messy what with seeing the sun rise I guess I'm actually counting periods of conscious.

I awake to “Mike” knocking to remind me we are doing a boat party in a few hours. A good friend will always know when you need a few hours and act accordingly. The morning was more enjoyable by only a small margin as she needed to drink off the hangover and quickly went bender style sloppy on me again. I was rather less than happy with the situation and decided against partaking as booze generally amplifies whatever emotions I have in me and I was trying hard to not be angry. Finally, I re-rouse her to get dress and go and she gets angry that I'm trying to kick her out and why didn't I invite her to the boat party and… well… it wasn't easy but I kept my cool, got her out and hopped in a cab with “M&N” to San An for a boat.

I did not have time to go grocery shopping and the ache in my bones from the devastation I had piled on my body the last 10 days or so was tag teaming with the disappointing sex and awkward departure. My only refuge on the boat was booze and, as predicted, it was a delicate balance to keep lubricated and conscious but below the alcohol limit where my emotions get rowdy. A quick swim off the boat cheers me up though and by sun set, I was off booze entirely, sober, tired and starving hungry (note, I have detailed every meal I have eaten previously). We eat somewhere… a pizza hut or something, I don't really remember. It made me sick but I forced my body to accept it knowing it's effect on my moral in the long run. After all, we had big plans tonight…

Somehow, at some time, we went grocery shopping at our favorite store, I don't remember. I don't remember anything after dinner honestly. The food hit me like a freight train and the next memory I can pull out of my brain is waiting in line at Amnesia. I was clean and dressed and had some precious “eggs” in my pocket… still no working phone, my tooth hurt, and only a slim hope my credit card would still work. All in all I gotta say given the situation, I was in surprisingly high spirits and felt much better than I had any right to.

My first impression of Amnesia was the crowd gathered to get in. It was different, obviously different from the Privilege and Space crowd in a way I can't really describe but I was catching a good vibe off how friendly everyone was. Into the club and it was packed! It was a really awesome crowd, no angry faces as we made our way through it eventually going back into the smaller room (the main room I guess?) and took station near the bar (please note that I tend to take things on face value and don't judge so I'm often oblivious to things other people see rather quickly).

I was off to the races after a few minutes and having fun on the floor with crazy good music and a crowd that was honestly the best I had seen so far. After a quick tour of the rest of the facility out in the Terrace, I realize there are again a surprising number of males that want to **** me. It was around this time that I started to put it together that some of the women weren't and that there was something odd on stage. ^shrug^ **** it the crowd was still the best I remember and the music was spot on. I did keep to the main room after that as the crown was certainly more my pace.

Impressions: The ice cannons of doom are a thing to behold in such a relatively small room. Like a cool cloud coming down that even dampens the sound it's so solid. F'n amazing! Especially given how devilish hot it was in there. The assortment of bars was great, never a long line. The girls behind the bar were incredibly hot and very friendly. The sound system was either perfect or the sound engineers need a raise cause the sound was a physical thing you could dance with. Overall, without a bubble of foam yet to drop, the experience at Amnesia was a physical thing. A feast for the body and a temple to hedonism in it's physical form. Much love for that place.

So the night is getting along, I'm in a killer groove, “M&N” are chilling by the bar, and so I meet these two German girls, one thankfully speaks English well enough to translate to the other one that seems interested enough to be promising. A bit of awkwardness trying to hit on two girls at once easily covered by what I hoped was my best charming smile. It's almost time for the foam and to be honest, I was very excited to see what everyone had described to me as ‘indescribable'. At this point, the non-English-speaking-German has my 80's Coke dealer style gold colored sun glasses on and is smiling happily nestled under my arm and the English speaking one is smiling quite a bit too. Life is good and perhaps mu luck with “Dutch” girls extends to girls that spreken ze dutch…

So the foam starts to come down from on high… in a fooking tidal wave! We take a blast full on in the face by what I can only describe as an indescribable quantity of foam. In an instant, the girls, being much shorter than I, were almost submerged in foam and beat a hasty retreat. Me, all I can see is foam everywhere and the mass exodus of people streaming around me in panic shifts me in the opposite direction of both my most promising chance to get laid of the evening and my f'n sunglasses!

Damn it!

So in the span of what 60 seconds? The foam is over my head (I'm 6 foot tall) and I'm just struggling not to feel like I'm suffocating in what I can describe as only mildly less annoying than water boarding. My mind works in funny ways at moments like this. In this instance, instead of saying “hey you should really go find “M&N” and get your bearings” (I had no idea where I was), my drug sponge thought “fook I need a drink!”

So I start walking around in the foam looking for a bar. Not seeing the floor which was littered with debris from the exodus (I swear I stepped on my sun glasses) combined with sliding easily was an adventure. Fighting through a crowd apparently frightened by the foam to get to the bar was annoying. Seeing the look on the incredibly hot bar girl's face with me, dripping with foam, in a crowd of people that were offended by me getting foam on them at a foam party, as I drag out my now foam soaked passport and a credit card and ask for two double vodka and orange juices was almost worth it. Rather than get my drinks, she talks is Spanish to the other incredibly hot girls behind the bar and a good round of laughing (in a friendly way). I guess the absurdity of it all finally dawned on me and I started to laugh too.

She poured my drinks (honestly just vodka shots with a splash of orange) and I contemplated breaking my rule to not hit on people who are working (it's just creepy as they have to be nice to you and you can never tell if it's a welcome advance) but decide it's best to just slam #1 and return latter in the night to see if she remembers me.

Feeling notably better for laughing at myself, I wander through the foam taking in such sights as couples fooking, guys showing me their penis (WTF?), topless women that glare at me for looking (more WTF?) and make my way back to “M&N” who, being far more classy than I, had elected to stay dry. We spent some more time there as the music was still great and I needed to dry off a bit. Headed outside to cab-ageddon. “Mike” paid a guy some money and we got in his car headed back to PDB for the evening.

I'll call it Day 4 (August 11th)

The rest of the morning is a bit of a blur I can't recall sleeping and have a few photos that make me think I went for a walk. This was possibly the morning I had breakfast with one of the African hookers (I find hookers interesting to talk to for some reason) but that could have been a different day entirely. I must have gotten my debit cards working some previous day as I had cash and ended up in old town to try to get a working phone again. This was my second attempt on the island to get a prepaid phone though looking back, I don't remember when or where I made the first attempt. I ended up at an Orange shop that was very helpful and squared me away for all future Spain visits. Had to call the bank to get my credit card working (it had stopped at some point the night prior). By now, it was getting late (sun set) and I was rather tired (I don't recall sleeping at all which is why I'm just calling it day 4 here…)

I might have napped, it's possible I just started medicating early, I next recall walking with “Nancy” down to Ushuaïa and her enjoying me glare and body block guys that were staring and trying to bump into her. What the fook is with that you see a pretty woman and want to brush against her? Pathetic. I was in an aggressive mood from lack of sleep and quality sex anyway so all the better. I'm usually far more confident in a club when I'm a bit aggressive which generally translates to good odds getting laid.

At Ushuaïa we meet up with “Mike” and a group of friends that had a group of table as part of a pre-party for Pacha (one of the guys would latter DJ up on the roof of Pacha that night). We get to mingling and I'm doing well hanging out with the new crowd in a far better setting for meeting someone that a club floor. Some flirting here and there and a few facebook friends but none of the girls seem like to take me home tonight type.

The music at Ushuaïa for the pre-party was ‘meh', the crowd outside the VIP was not friendly, and while the place was visually stunning, it just felt soulless. That ends my review of Ushuaïa.

As night gets on, it's off to grocery shop, shower, and I think nap before going to Pacha for Guetta. Once there, we are in high spirits. I was looking forward to the experience based on the hype the line wasn't that long and we were quickly in. My first impression was ‘damned it's crowded!' my second was ‘how many people do I have to cuddle with to get to a bar?'. The place was RAMMED just wall to wall in the most uncomfortable sideways only walking way possible. To make it better, everyone mean mugged us just for trying to get through. Christ-o-mighty that sucked the life clean out of me! A red bull and vodka helped recharge my will to breath and gave me the energy to do so despite being physically under pressure from every angle. Up to the roof was in order!

There was a nice un-crowded room we passed on the way that for just a brief second I thought, ****, lets grab a drink in there. However, I am a fast learner and the similar room at space came to mind in enough time to divert my feet from following my premature thought. The roof was packed to, more angry people standing right in the f'n middle of the f'n stairs, finally got to the chill little with the tiny DJ booth. I actually liked this area and the music was good. Come to find out, that's because the guy in the booth was the one I had met earlier at Ushuaïa! I have no idea who he is in retrospect but he invited us in and chatted while he worked. The experience of being in the booth was really cool and provided much needed recovery time for us all to dry the sweat of every one we humped to get there. His set ended and we hung out at that bar for a bit which seemed to be a upscale and polite crowd (though the staff was dickish).

I met Moby, or least a very short bald guy that was saying he was Moby when I went to get a drink at the bar. Deciding to be cool, I declined to do the picture with a star thing as it has always seemed a bit gay. Walked around a bit, chatted with a pretty brit girl that was simply way to off her chemical balance for me to risk doing anything with (seriously, I think somebody gave her a roofie as she went from coherent to slurred and drooling in the course of a 5 min conversation). I ask the girls nearby if she is with any of the, and eventually find one that is in her group. Quickly passing the responsibility for providing resuscitative care to the lucky lady, I bolt to catch Guetta's set.

I forgot how packed it was. Fook it. I'm a veteran of too many mosh pits to let a crushing throng of humanity kill my enjoyment of a show. I soldier through the crowd… looking for a place that does not split my ears or pin my arms either at my sides of above my head. Find a much needed bathroom (also crowded) buy a drink cause I'm thirsty, soldier back through and meet up with “M&N” on the upper deck overlooking the floor. The whole time I barely enjoyed the music as it was massive work just to move. Bah… time to drink.

That's pretty much how I remember Pacha and have no desire to return really. We left at some point and I think I died till about 1100.

I find hookers interesting to talk to for some reason

So do I ... but never if you're 'on the clock' :lol:. The Pacha experience sounds awful .. I'm sure not all nights are that bad but I haven't been in years now .. only ever go if I'm with a girl who wants to ! Do you remember what happened next ? :lol:

So do I ... but never if you're 'on the clock' :lol:. The Pacha experience sounds awful .. I'm sure not all nights are that bad but I haven't been in years now .. only ever go if I'm with a girl who wants to ! Do you remember what happened next ? :lol:

Yea... it was super late in the morning. I guess the work had dried up.

I honestly think just talking to her like a person was one of the odd friendly miracles of Ibiza. She actually was rather nice and appreciated the breakfast.

Go figure.

^^ :spank: .. I took a mad Russian stripper from Temptation to breakfast round the corner from the club in San An a couple of years ago. She was starving, ate a double hamburger and drink and I drove her home. She was a really nice girl and I enjoyed her company.

Back