A Plea for Help

A little political there, Moha.

While you'll find few people anywhere who, in hindsight, support the invasion, I'd hardly say that him working as a contractor to bomb-proof schools (if that's what he really does) makes him someone the Iraqis are "stuck with". There are a lot of unstable countries, most of which without US military presence, that could use that kind of help... good that someone's paying him to do it.

Honorable job, I agree.

My point; if he could make the same money in the US, he wouldn't bother.

the guy's based in Iraq - extremely brave, imo and ultimately enhancing the quality of life for civilians by the sounds of it - whatever your politics, give the guy a break..

the guy's based in Iraq - extremely brave, imo and ultimately enhancing the quality of life for civilians by the sounds of it - whatever your politics, give the guy a break..

You should take a break, instead of talking nonsense; You'll be brave.

In any job, you get paid more for more difficult conditions. If you didn't, of course you wouldn't bother! :)

Except that your compadre is making it look like if he has to be there; he is doing it for the money. And as such, he is like any other expat in some arid area.

****ing hell guys.... cut it out...! the dood wants 2go 2 a friggin concert & cant buy tickets.... he doesnt want 2hear ur boring political stance on why he's working in iraq! or dribble on how many coffee shops are still open:rolleyes: btw; i was there in april & there was a ****load still open.....

over & out...... :)

throwaway flippant comment on Ibizan tourism confused with serious issue of Iraq

o.......k.........

:rolleyes:

O
M
F
G...

Youhavegottobekiddingme.

I donate most of my time around the world and risk my life to protect children you complete tool. Iraq is the least of my worries an is reletively safe compared to some of the hell holes I have been to.

Your obviously not the sharpest tool in the drawer and I'll bet when you show up at the party everyone goes, "oh no, its that militant guy that no one wants around with the radical view points no one wants to be reminded of." Well, perhaps not in those words exactally...

I've got some good advice...Tune out, smoke up, and drop out. Somewhere in there you should shut up and think about what you've dont with your life. Stocking shelves is not really so important.

yes, I make plenty of money and am thankful the schools in america dont need to be made bomb resistant. Thank god for the almighty dollar and capitalism.

I'm the first guy in line when a village needs a pump, but you wouldn't care about that...you just see an amercian and think I'm some political swine. I work in Iraq since you would rather just let murder and torture continue. Not that I approve of water boarding or Guantanamo but the world sure feels a litte less evil now. I imagine when the Nazi's took over Italy it wasn't much of a sigh of relief to end Italian Fascisim but at least the trains ran on time. LOL.

like the man said, I just want to hear some great electronic music.

How did this thread turn from a guy wanting tickets to a gig in the dam to an all out politcal debate?

This website really brightens my day up sometimes ;)

J

O
M
F
G...

Youhavegottobekiddingme.

I donate most of my time around the world and risk my life to protect children you complete tool. Iraq is the least of my worries an is reletively safe compared to some of the hell holes I have been to.

Your obviously not the sharpest tool in the drawer and I'll bet when you show up at the party everyone goes, "oh no, its that militant guy that no one wants around with the radical view points no one wants to be reminded of." Well, perhaps not in those words exactally...

I've got some good advice...Tune out, smoke up, and drop out. Somewhere in there you should shut up and think about what you've dont with your life. Stocking shelves is not really so important.

yes, I make plenty of money and am thankful the schools in america dont need to be made bomb resistant. Thank god for the almighty dollar and capitalism.

I'm the first guy in line when a village needs a pump, but you wouldn't care about that...you just see an amercian and think I'm some political swine. I work in Iraq since you would rather just let murder and torture continue. Not that I approve of water boarding or Guantanamo but the world sure feels a litte less evil now. I imagine when the Nazi's took over Italy it wasn't much of a sigh of relief to end Italian Fascisim but at least the trains ran on time. LOL.

well said.

I am the proud owner of 5th row tickets...

i'm a little slow on the draw with the computer apparantly.

I have no date and no friend to invite at this point as my chums are in the US and I'm pretty sure none of them will take a trip to Denmark to see Jarre. I'm not ready to spring for anothe airline ticket.

I'm still up for a larger group or front row tickets if available.

You should take a break, instead of talking nonsense; You'll be brave.

i thought u lot were supposed to be neutral!

:lol:

anyway, if u got offered 10x the money to do a job which means you can retire 10x earlier, im sure you would do it!

i know i would. just gotta try and avoid not being beheaded/blownup/shot in the mean time.

How did this thread turn from a guy wanting tickets
to a gig in the dam to an all out politcal debate? ...
:lol:

the threadopener stated to be "stuck in iraq" -
so we discussed if he is "stuck" or not
ilbq7s.gif

as a CIVILIAN he is not some poor army-guy-cannon-fodder
who has to go wherever the army wants him to go.

he went to iraq on his own free will -
last but not least because some companies pay loads of cash
for those who are willing to take the risk to go to conflict/war-areas.
probably he is a good guy .... something like a mother teresa on $
ilbq7s.gif

O
M
F
G...

Youhavegottobekiddingme.

Good on ya. Would come along if I could - hope you find some fun peeps to go with you ( Just feel sad that you had to defend yourself here, not sure why people feel the need to be so f.....g judgemental...)

Back