A little help with Moving to Ibiza

Spring

Hey All...

I have been offered a position in a Hotel I am familiar with so need to get my NIE sorted as soon as possible...

In layman’s terms other than my NIE what else will I need to start the job, the Hotel provides accommodation, so more paper work and bank account advise really? The internet is a wash with contradictions...

I’m currently with Santander so would they be good to stick with?

Any info would be very appreciated!

My aunt has moved to ibiza. She's been living in Goa and Wolverhampton for 50yrs now and sold her textiles business last year and finding the trips to Goa harder now that she's 70.. bought the house in Goa for £1200 in the 70s and it now on the grounds of a big hotel.

Hey All...

I have been offered a position in a Hotel I am familiar with so need to get my NIE sorted as soon as possible...

In layman’s terms other than my NIE what else will I need to start the job, the Hotel provides accommodation, so more paper work and bank account advise really? The internet is a wash with contradictions...

I’m currently with Santander so would they be good to stick with?

Any info would be very appreciated!
You'll need to get a social security number - seguridad social in Spanish. After you have your NIE sorted, go online to find your nearest seguridad social office (you may need to book an appointment (cita previa). Take your original passport, NIE, work contract together with photocopies of each. It should be a fairly painless process.

I’m British

ok - I‘ve heard that currently, because of the brexit chaos, no NIEs are issued to brits. I‘d strongly recommend you get in touch with the spanish consulate immediately to see whether you can get NIE. if you can‘t, the hotel won‘t be able to put you on contract. let us know how it goes, it‘s of general interest

ok - I‘ve heard that currently, because of the brexit chaos, no NIEs are issued to brits. I‘d strongly recommend you get in touch with the spanish consulate immediately to see whether you can get NIE. if you can‘t, the hotel won‘t be able to put you on contract. let us know how it goes, it‘s of general interest

Yeah I would be interested in hearing about this too! Keep us updated @Spring

Back