_____ new "ushuaïas" in 2013 _____

McRackin

Super Moderator
translated from eivissa confidencial:

currently there are several projects under study and some more advanced. apparently one of these could be in cap martinet, where the change of ownership of the hotel next to aqualandia has put the neighbours on alert. it appears that the buyer could be the owner of a major club on the island and that the intention is to make it one of these resorts. the neighbours, obviously, are not happy with the idea.

198702_128452587248669_127987893961805_175243_4938994_n.jpg

the one

... cap martinet, where the change of ownership of the hotel next to aqualandia
has put the neighbours on alert.
it appears that the buyer could be the owner of a major club on the island ...
which hotel is it ? THE ONE IBIZA ??
are there any neighbours besides the shooting range ?

**** - you wrote it already. didn´t take a closer look to the pic

other one that has been rumoured to turn into "a new ushuaia" in the near future is club don toni in playa den bossa.....

Intertesing. Over time I see all of these Fiesta PDB hotels turning into Ushuaia type hotels, though maybe not all 5* ones..... but more clubbing / beach orientated. Bring it on I say!

A lot of these Fiesta hotels are in need of a major refit.....

Seems there may be plenty more places to pose in the year ahead.

So where are the great free parties going to be going down then ?

translated from eivissa confidencial:

currently there are several projects under study and some more advanced. apparently one of these could be in cap martinet, where the change of ownership of the hotel next to aqualandia has put the neighbours on alert. it appears that the buyer could be the owner of a major club on the island and that the intention is to make it one of these resorts. the neighbours, obviously, are not happy with the idea.

198702_128452587248669_127987893961805_175243_4938994_n.jpg

the one

Hello Sailor :lol:

Playa Den Bossa is to become the new Ocean Drive of the Mediterranean to facilitate the Paris Hilton types, playboys and rich sugar daddies.

Ibiza harbour has added more "room" for the super yachts while Lio and Pacha are the new playground for the rich.

In future all that will be left for the average tourist, will be San Antonio and Es Cana:)

Playa Den Bossa is to become the new Ocean Drive of the Mediterranean to facilitate the Paris Hilton types, playboys and rich sugar daddies.

That's what the authorities always wanted. People that spend more money, and not kids that land Friday night and stay in a night club until Tuesday morning (ahhh the early 00s..... those were the days).

I think there is a balance with all these things.

I do not think that there is a big enough market for all of the breachfront PDB hotels to be 5*. I can potentially see DonToni etc turning into 4* hotel. It still has the best beach bar location (La Plage de l'elephant) at the end of it.

Maybe "Hotel La Plage de l'elephant" is on the cards!!!!!

Ibiza harbour has added more "room" for the super yachts while Lio and Pacha are the new playground for the rich.

In future all that will be left for the average tourist, will be San Antonio and Es Cana:)

I'm done with pdb.

I'm done with pdb.

I noticed this year there being less multi national family type tourists and more youngsters than before, and not the nice type either. It was embarasing at times hearing the what alot where coming out with, it reminded me in places of what I imagine Aya Napa is/was like :lol:

wednesday´s crap joke of the day :twisted: ==>

... the "Ocean Drive" of Ibiza anyhow - ...
surely Figueretas or the road from Ibiza Town to Talamanca are better contenders for that ?

honestly, have people forgotten what bossa was like as little as a few years ago. run down, poor value for money, no quality services.........the changes that have been made and are being made might only be aimed at a certain client (or the perception is that at least) but the impact on the surrounding area is huge..........as other places improve their service too and not only just for the VIP clients.

bars, hotels, restaurants have finally realised that making no invest in product, service or infrastructure does not mean you end up with more profits.

it's a good thing for ibiza what's happening in playa d'en bossa.

honestly, have people forgotten what bossa was like as little as a few years ago. run down, poor value for money, no quality services.........the changes that have been made and are being made might only be aimed at a certain client (or the perception is that at least) but the impact on the surrounding area is huge..........as other places improve their service too and not only just for the VIP clients.

bars, hotels, restaurants have finally realised that making no invest in product, service or infrastructure does not mean you end up with more profits.

Well said sir, we humans are creatures of habit and don't like change, but see how things turn out and then decide.

Spot on. Many people have no idea how bad it was. All we now need is for the strip between Ushuaia and Bora Bora to be Gentrified.

So much "inverted snobbery" in the World these days! :D

... Many people have no idea how bad it was.
All we now need is for the strip between Ushuaia and Bora Bora to be Gentrified ...

wait a second ... have to admit that i always liked that "mall" with zanzibar, the 2 supermarkets with there amazing variety of icecold drinks, internetshop, that italian restaurant, passion etc.
one of the supermarkets was still open at the beginning of november 8)

that newer brown "gemini"-building opposite tantra has a nice bar and some good foodjoints, too
in the meantime ...

if you like "gentrified" go to "raza clubber" :twisted:

bars, hotels, restaurants have finally realised that making no investment in product, service or infrastructure does not mean you end up with more profits.

Unsure about that on the hotels. They seem terrible value for money especially when compared to other places on the island. Just cashing in on location. Service is about staff training - far more so than investment per se. Family-run businesses almost always give you better service and there are a fair few on the island which are fantastic.. more investment-backed money-spinners may or may not result in good service and value product because of the culture that typically follows.

My prediction is that refurb will be followed by yet more price hikes, when in reality many hotels are in need of refurb in order to justify their current prices in value terms. However 98% peak season occupancy flies in the face of that and is what will facilitate financing of investment ... in the hope of generating a commensurate increase in returns. Will this enhance the customer value for Euro quotient ? Not necessarily !

PDB Beach club scene is way improved. However it's expensive - 17Euros for a fruit plate at Nassau and big club prices for drinks. Fine if you are prepared to pay. Objectively, is it worth the money ? I'd say not. Especially since if you can afford to pay those prices you can likely afford to go somewhere nicer on the island. But we pay anyway as the sun is shining and you can walk to Space or your PDB hotel when you're merry without having to faff around trying to get a cab to turn up or braving the roads.

As to the other bars and the restaurants, well I've never been a great one for either in PDB now or in the past. Geko was a good find recently, though - great value and nice service. Keep trying to get to Shardana too. Unimpressed by most others - but then again they were principally in the Space - Bora Bora zone.

No-one's arguing that investment in improvements is a good thing. It's when it translates into fancier variant of rip-off Central that eyebrows start getting raised and :rolleyes:...

Back