_____ Defected not at Ushuaia in 2012 _____

Strange decision by Pacha on the location for their new day poolparty/club. Dunno how successful it will be if they can't throw proper parties. There is def enough room for 2 Ushuaia's on the island.....seems like Ocean Beach Club will be the other one on the San An side.

It could seeing as though a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford to pay €120+ for two events on one day and as they attract similar crowds these days some will have to pick one or the other. As you've said though Tiesto will easily fill Pacha everyweek

These are exactly my thoughts. Guetta at Ushuaia on a Monday could be the difference between Tiesto having a successful night at Pacha or an uber-successful debut season at Pacha.

pacha have no problem with ushuiai, i think this is obvious from the djs playing there from pacha. we believe ushuiai is a great addition to the island and will only encourage more people to come here now we can finally party in the sun/out doors again.

Facts of the matter are that 100% of the promoters that are stabled with Pacha and whom played at Ushuaia last season, are no longer associated with Ushuaia this year. ie Cadenza and Defected.

Facts of the matter are that 100% of the promoters that are stabled with Pacha and whom played at Ushuaia last season, are no longer associated with Ushuaia this year. ie Cadenza and Defected.

Luciano's Ushuaia shows this year not being promoted as a Cadenza show then??

he has laurent garnier playing with him so i guess its a move away from 'Vagabundo's' which will remain at pacha with the usual suspects and maybe ushuia will be him with bigger profile guests (more of a money spinner)

Jup... It's now Luciano & Friends!

But this i can understand. I don't see how it makes sense to have 2 different parties at 2 different venues on 2 different days of the week, and call it the same name, a la FMIF.

I'm all for building a brand, but Guetta's name is big enough in itself. The day parties at Ushuaia should be offering something different to the parties at Pacha - different location, different vibe, different concept.

"Luciano & Friends" - lets be honest, there is gonna be a stackload of "friends" who fall under the Cadenza banner across the course of the season, as well as special guests like Laurent Garnier - and I champion this idea. Vagabundos is a unique concept, and the fact that it is almost a satirical twist of the glam theme of Pacha, I applaud Luciano for not duplicating the same schtick at Ushuaia.

But this i can understand. I don't see how it makes sense to have 2 different parties at 2 different venues on 2 different days of the week, and call it the same name, a la FMIF.

I'm all for building a brand, but Guetta's name is big enough in itself. The day parties at Ushuaia should be offering something different to the parties at Pacha - different location, different vibe, different concept.

"Luciano & Friends" - lets be honest, there is gonna be a stackload of "friends" who fall under the Cadenza banner across the course of the season, as well as special guests like Laurent Garnier - and I champion this idea. Vagabundos is a unique concept, and the fact that it is almost a satirical twist of the glam theme of Pacha, I applaud Luciano for not duplicating the same schtick at Ushuaia.

Well said..

But with Luciano doing both it clearly isn't the club wars of Bez's piece....

Give it time.....and allow me a little poetic licence

If i was Pacha i would be protecting my intrests and not letting a party i helped build up go to a rival competitor

Buisness is buisness....

Give it time.....and allow me a little poetic licence

If i was Pacha i would be protecting my intrests and not letting a party i helped build up go to a rival competitor

Buisness is buisness....

the fact, luciano, guetta, pete tong and other djs are playing from pacha shows that pacha are thinking about the bigger picture. this is not just about individual nights but making the island as a whole a more attractive destination because of the bigger options. we know the island is getting busier and we know the high end is getting bigger because of places like LIO etc. the reality is if everyone thought more about the island as a whole and not just their little niche then maybe everyone would benefit..... this is chess not checkers.:lol:

impossible, guetta is one dimensional. if i were pacha i'd be pi$$ed with him for putting on another event. it will take some, if only a bit of business away from them. He is really milking his POPularity and it has to come to an end at some point.

impossible, guetta is one dimensional. if i were pacha i'd be pi$$ed with him for putting on another event. it will take some, if only a bit of business away from them. He is really milking his POPularity and it has to come to an end at some point.

I agree with some of your points. I for one will not be surprised if Guetta outgrows Ibiza in the near future. Gotta give the guy credit where it is due, he is there for the whole season, now doing 2 gigs a week as well as IMS & 123 Rocktronic festival. Man is grafter love or hate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with some of your points. I for one will not be surprised if Guetta outgrows Ibiza in the near future. Gotta give the guy credit where it is due, he is there for the whole reason, now doing 2 gigs a week as well as IMS & 123 Rocktronic festival. Man is grafter love or hate.

Turning up at an event and pressing play is not what I'd call grafting

Turning up at an event and pressing play is not what I'd call grafting

Thats a very cynical comment. You can dislike his music if u must, that is your perogative. But the man has worked hard to get there. You don't get that successful through luck.

He has bridged a gap in our popular culture which many more "credible" producers have failed to do.

Back