___ We Love... 2010 ___

Eh up! got this little Simian Mobile Disco interview and mix over at the We Love blog... HERE

Is anyone going to We Love this Sunday?

rumours are they want to rename
"the party formerly known as welovespaceonsundays":

- welovelouts
- NOlove
- **** ME - LOVE IS GONE

2q38zrb.gif

auyxbs.gif

"...
We Don't Love would be a more fitting name for this Playa d'en Bossa party.

There was about as much love in the air at Space on Sunday
as there were rain clouds in the Ibiza sky.

The weekly We Love parties have become a major draw on the island's club calendar
for over a decade and they have contributed to some of the most pioneering sounds
to come out of electronic music.

So it seems more than a shame that the folks at Space -
one of the biggest and most influential clubs in the world -
can't practise what they preach and spread a little bit of that love around.

Unfortunately, as with most things, where there comes success and money
often there follows power, which may be why the security at Space wear t-shirts
emblazoned with the word 'control' across their backs.
These guys are less guardians recruited to protect punters and keep the peace
than they are aggressive power trippers looking for a fight.
No sooner had I caught one of their eyes than I was being frogmarched
towards the door for threatening to take written notes.
Clearly someone with a pen and notepad is a major security hazard.

It seemed ironic that giant yellow smiley faces -
the iconic emblem of the acid house era - hung throughout Space,
and yet the club's frontline personnel couldn't greet you with a colder reception.

Cheers up lads - maybe you could take a leaf out of Carl Craig's book
and learn how to win over a crowd.
..."
http://www.ibiza-voice.com/story/news/2578

ice, if you are going to quote other sources, at least don't quote tripe ;)

seems like someone has an axe to grind ;)

there is no more professional door staff on the island than the ones at space. it's a bit like the guardia civil. everyone thinks they are a pain in the arse, but then you realise how peaceful the island is...

(sorry for off topic rant)

at the closing party last year, the security were pretty heavy in their presence BUT i did get caught with something i shouldn't have and i will be eternally grateful for the facy that he confiscated it, didnt search me and let me stay in the club :)

i hate to use i've been going for years thing, but in this instance i have to.

there has been a definite change at space in the last year, in the attitude towards security..........and whilst it's not like a clued-up bouncer in a UK club, its way better than it used to be.

you have to remember space is fcuking huge and maybe has 50+ security and that's a quiet night, you're always likely to get one meathead. the same way one idiot can spoil a crowd.

as a footnote, even the bora bora security have chilled out and/or got rid of the bad eggs.

be happy people!

Last year at space i had noticed how much it had changed as i hadnt been since 2006 before then. The sunset terrace was empty at 6pm which was abit sad as I always loved the atmosphere early doors there. Anybody know whats its been like this time? still the same people leavin it late till getting there?

Despite what I wrote the last time I went, I decided to give space another chance and so I popped my head round on Sunday (on a freebie) and mostly stayed in the "premier etage" area where we went wow at all the planes going over. Caught some of balearic mike and lexx who dropped some beautiful records, but the sound police ensured you could hardly hear any of it.

The club generally was how I remembered it from last time. The place still resembles a shopping mall rather than a nightclub, people kept asking me for drugs, hen parties kept pestering Mike for cheese, kids kept mucking around in the road when I was trying to park. Disappointingly, I didn't have time to catch derrick may who I am certain absolutely killed it (miss kittin too) and owing to someone not feeling well, my experience of the night prob lasted about 45mins. Kudos to Space though for hosting some first class acts. In different circumstances, I might have had a mental night, but seems once again it was destined not to be

We Love Space...Sundays

Can someone tell me if it's possible to leave Space and re-enter later on without having to pay again? Do they stamp your hand on the way in or anything?

Cheers

you used to get a wristband if you were in before a certain time (ie 4pm or 6pm - but now the day time clubbing hours have changed ......) and then with that you could go out and come back once, but it's that long since I have been to that place than I am not 100% that they still do that...

I imagine they still do - its just the timings I am not sure of now...

if you pay for a proper ticket (i.e. not a reduced entry before 6pm one) then you get a passout before 9pm i think.

after that you're in....

Correct. I believe you need to pay full price before 8 in order to get a passout ticket!
We went at 9 not knowing this and I told my mate who was in front to ask to see if we could get a passout, he stood there talking then waved us all in. So i presumed we'd got the passout.
Turned out we didnt, all 10 of us were stone cold sober and some were not up for paying 10euros a bottle and left pretty quickly
Luckily for me Jonathan Ulysses, Joris Voorn, Groove Armada & James Zabiela make for an awesome night whether your drinking or not :D

I found some Jon Ulysses CD's during my spare room conversion to office last week - I had forgotten just how bloody brilliant he is - never seen/heard him spin him since I boycotted Space :lol:

Back