8/15/09 - 8/22/09. First Timer Here!

Neo95gt

So you read these reviews and threads and think oh jeez this place will never live up to the hype. Let me just say that this place lives up to the hype and then some. It makes Vegas seem like a kiddie playground. The day party crap did not effect me at all since I slept til like 2pm anyways. I really don't want to party before 4:30 anyhow, even though our hotel started playing music at noon that did the trick if you needed early beats. Anyway, you gloom and doom people are out of your mind, this place is heaven on earth.

I stayed at the Apart-Hotel Jabeque in PDB. More on the outskirts really but it's a nice walk to Bora Bora and Formentera which is super nice. Decent place for 5 people, not too crazy but they played some beats by the pool and there is some partying, at the same time you can sleep. AC broke a day or 2, but whatever, I'd maybe stay there again. Anywho, onto the partying.

Saturday:
Amnesia Matinee (Circuit): First night out after we landed and took a nap. Got there at like 1 and by 2-3 it was jamming. I had no idea what to expect, but the club was incredible. The music was great and we were rocking out.....then the acts came out and the place really started buzzing. They had this huge cage with naked chicks dancing everywhere. There were performers not wearing a thing except for pasties (and not on their nipples). I saw the main girl's snatch multiple times and I turned to my gf and was like I can't believe the place lives up to the hype, haha. There were male performers swinging their cocks around too, ****ing insane and really gay. But made sense since I found out later that this is a half gay party. Anyway the vibe of the place was awesome, everyone was partying and having the time of their lives dancing their faces off to sick beats, so much better than the NYC/Vegas vibe. And the beats got serious as the night went on, they were playing some prog and tribal I believe and I was dancing real hard, loving life. God dam that was fun. We were upstairs the entire time and decided to hit the D-Floor of the Terrece at about 5:30, really great music. Someone played a really dark prog track and I just stood there with my eyes closed, I wish I knew the name of that track because it was so sick. Anyway, we left around 7, went swiming at the hotel then passed out. Epic first night.

Sunday:
We Love Space: Woke up at like 3 or something ridiculous and hit the pool side. We walked around to check out the area and really had no idea what was around us, but we found some nice spots to eat. Formentera has some beautiful places along the water. We didn't get to space until like 1, but it was packed from all day. Chemical Brothers were throwing down and the place was going nuts. We hopped back and forth between that main room and the other room. Great beats everywhere. We even went upstairs to another smaller room where they were playing more minimal techno, good ****. Some gay dudes gave us these big brown triangle pills, no idea what they were but didn't take them, lol. Space is a sick sick club, insane light show. More great tunes with a little of everything. We left around 7 again. Another awesome night.

Monday:
Cocoon: We woke up late again and failed on the day party front again. Relaxed by poolside again. Got to Cocoon early, like 12 and the place was empty. But by 2-3 it was jammed. Not sure if it was because we got smashed the previouis 2 nights but this ended up being a disappointment. We never really got into it. The energy of the place was great and the fog cannons were insane, but it just never seemed to go anywhere. We were getting really tired of the repetitive techno and tech house. It was pretty boring on the terrace. The main room with Sven Vath seemed a little better but it was too crowded. I guess I was expecting more, but I don't see what the hype is all about. I guess you need to be more into techno and tech house, but the music just had no funk to it. Left at like 6, place was still packed.

Tues:
Armada/Release yourself:
Hit up PDB beach. Killer beach and great scenary. Topless models everywhere. Got to Amnesia at like 1 and Roger was throwing down with Laidback luck. Solid house/prog. Jerome Isma-ae was playing great trance/prog in the main room so we stayed in there until Armin came on. Armin came on at like 3 and the club was packed. This was probably the best night musically for me with Roger and Jerome/Armin playing sick trance. Armin destroyed the place. He was playing pretty hard, I was dancing and sweating my ass off as the cannons cooled me down. Great stuff. Armin dropped "Direct Dizko (Sander Remix)" at like 7 and I thought my head was going to explode. Everyone went wild and I was going crazy. He ended at like 7:30, such a great night that I'll remember for awhile.

Wed:
Bora Bora, Cafe Mambo.
Woke up late again but promised ourselves we'll make it to Bora Bora. Didn't know what to expect with all the negativity around here about the place, but it was awesome. We got there at like 5 and it was pretty lowkey, but by 6:30 people were dancing on tables. Slammed a few sangrias then headed home since we were tired but we decided the next day we were gonna do Bora Bora proper. Had a killer dinner at Cafe Mambo, saw the sunset which was an awesome experience, then we all died at the hotel by like 1. 4 long nights in a row killed us.

Thurs:
Bora Bora & BE @ Space:
Ate lunch at Bora Bora then joined the party at like 6. Place was jumping. Great vibe, everyone having fun and dancing. There were cameras everywhere, I think they were filming a dancetrippin episode or something. But these smoking girls in thongs were on the tables and it was epic. Good music, a little to techish for my tastes but he mixed it up. Had a few of those fruity drinks and we were all smashed dancing around the place. Really fun day party and it was pretty crowded inside and out. I loved the place and the party was awesome. We left at about 9 with the place still rockin, ate dinner, drank more, then headed to Space at like 12 for free entry. I wanted to do Pached for FMIF but some people didnt want to fork up the $65. Radio Slave, Chris Liebing, Novy and everyone was spinning, but like Cocoon we really couldnt get into it for the most part. Just too much repetitive, looped techno for our likes. We still had fun but not as good as some of the other nights. Left at like 5.

Fri:
Chilled:
We were all exausted from the toll of the week and decided to do some sight seeing. Saw some great beaches, ate some good food and packed since we had to leave at 5am :( Depression set in at this time, really did not want to leave.

Favorite nights = Matinee and Armada
In hindsight I would have done SHM at Pacha or Tiesto on Monday and FMIF on Thurs. I also wish I made it to more day parties like Ushuaia and Blue Marlin. But I'm kinda glad I didn't get to see a lot of places because it gives me an excuse to go back 8)
Pretty silly I only went to Amnesia and Space, but whatever, that's the parties we wanted to go to.

Overall, Ibiza is the best place on earth. Best beaches, best clubs, best music, great people and vibe, beautiful people, great weather, lots of drugs. It basically has the best of everything. I can't believe a place like this exists. Coming from NYC, I didn't know what to expect, but I was blown away. Epic vacation, I will be back.

Great Review. I think I'm one of the more 'mature' clubbers if you can call me that, so i am still coming to terms with the lingo "sick, sick, sick club" I'm guessing that means it was good and not reminiscent of a West End back street! :)

Anyway, spoke to a mate (another mature clubber and seasoned campaigner) who had managed to secure a night out whilst on his family holiday couresy of his inlaws. They had planed to go to Subliminal on the Wednesday night, but for some reason ended up going to FMIF. He said it was a joke and waste of money. Some really cheesy music played, really young crowd, like a teenage disc all wanting to see David Guetta, way, way too packed, bordering on dangerous and seriously overpriced!

Good thing you didn't go i reckon!

0.5 sleeps to go for me! Leaving home at 3:30 this morning! Whooop! Whooop!

Great Review. I think I'm one of the more 'mature' clubbers if you can call me that, so i am still coming to terms with the lingo "sick, sick, sick club" I'm guessing that means it was good and not reminiscent of a West End back street! :)

Anyway, spoke to a mate (another mature clubber and seasoned campaigner) who had managed to secure a night out whilst on his family holiday couresy of his inlaws. They had planed to go to Subliminal on the Wednesday night, but for some reason ended up going to FMIF. He said it was a joke and waste of money. Some really cheesy music played, really young crowd, like a teenage disc all wanting to see David Guetta, way, way too packed, bordering on dangerous and seriously overpriced!

Good thing you didn't go i reckon!

0.5 sleeps to go for me! Leaving home at 3:30 this morning! Whooop! Whooop!

Sorry, it's an American term. Sick = Awesome, great, wicked, etc.

I was there the same week as you and went to Space Sunday and Cocoon the Monday. Cocoon was awsum in the Terrace from 1-3 then I thought it got over crowded. I was right by the dj box on the Terrace and didnt move from there. Wanted to see Raresh but ended up leaving just before he come on as people were just barging past and I was on the verge of losing my temper in there. The music was spot on though! Propper Jacking house

Any idea what they were??

It made me smile because they rung a bell from a couple of years ago. The only thing I've ever seen like that was something I was also given, if their what I'm thinking of then you made the right choice mate. Really can't remember what they were but never trust them if their free! :lol:

I was there the same week as you and went to Space Sunday and Cocoon the Monday. Cocoon was awsum in the Terrace from 1-3 then I thought it got over crowded. I was right by the dj box on the Terrace and didnt move from there. Wanted to see Raresh but ended up leaving just before he come on as people were just barging past and I was on the verge of losing my temper in there. The music was spot on though! Propper Jacking house
Yeah 1-3 was better musically and less crowded, then after that it just got boring to me. Didn't go anywhere and no melody.

gr8 review man. u sound like me after my first time, the realization that you have to leave it the worst. the vibe is kind of like nyc was around '99 (for me anyway). each year you'll figure more stuff out about la isla blanca and the fun only gets better!

gr8 review man. u sound like me after my first time, the realization that you have to leave it the worst. the vibe is kind of like nyc was around '99 (for me anyway). each year you'll figure more stuff out about la isla blanca and the fun only gets better!

I'm still depressed and jealous that all those people are going wild at bora bora and amnesia, not fair :evil:

I missed out on a lot I'm sure in the late 90's and early 00's since I'm 26. The only place that has a similar vibe is Cielo. In Ibiza everyone is all about having a good time and about the music. There is also no doorman politics and all the BS like in NYC & Vegas. Even with Ibiza going through a "slow" year due to the economy, it still was freggin awesome. I have a feeling once people get money again, you'll see the island more packed and more people partying earlier at places like We Love Space. I can't imagine it being more packed though :eek:

I was there last week, ive always gone july and august and it seemed as busy as ever this year. Just as many people on the island just alot of people like to have a drink in the hotel b4 going out to save pennys. This was the first year i came home with money in all my 5 times. All of us came home with 100euros each. We went to Space at 6 and cream and cocoon when it opened, just didnt stay till the bitter end like other years id have done.

very nice review. glad for the positive vibe, feeling a bit hesitant reading some of the negative stuff on here this time around, now it looks like it'll be all good again.

nyc still has great memories for me though, but it's been years since I was there. I've been to Ibiza more the past years since 2000 then I have been to NYC.

I missed out on a lot I'm sure in the late 90's and early 00's since I'm 26. The only place that has a similar vibe is Cielo. In Ibiza everyone is all about having a good time and about the music.

that's what I love the most, people just dancing and having a good time going bonkers. sure people may "dress up" in some clubs, but it's a world away from standing around in some LES-hipster-boite-du-jour. Club Love is a good place to check out if u havent been, it's hit or miss sometimes tho.

that's what I love the most, people just dancing and having a good time going bonkers. sure people may "dress up" in some clubs, but it's a world away from standing around in some LES-hipster-boite-du-jour. Club Love is a good place to check out if u havent been, it's hit or miss sometimes tho.

It's not like I don't like NYC. It's one of the best cities in the world, if not the best. But the EDM venue's here are kinda weak at the moment and it hurts the scene. Club Love is alright, but lets face it, it's a freggin basement. I hate how hip hop rules most of the night life around here, by far the worst thing about America. I didn't see one fight in Ibiza, and these clubs are huge and packed, pretty amazing. Come to think of it, I hardly saw any security. Just a good crowd, and an impressive ratio given there is no door policy. I think Euro girls like to party more than American girls.

5500_141958223625_677458625_3338889_2407607_n.jpg

From the plane
5500_141958248625_677458625_3338891_6576731_n.jpg

View from our balcony
5500_141959423625_677458625_3338900_6006186_n.jpg

And nightime shot
6368_850470642939_8807063_48390916_2808650_n.jpg

One of the doorman took one of these away from us. They had no idea what it was, I guess they have not hit Europe yet, but this **** is the best thing since coke.
5500_141959438625_677458625_3338902_1915697_n.jpg

Me with the bitches at Amnesia
5500_141962248625_677458625_3338989_6907599_n.jpg

Fireworks one night
6368_850470752719_8807063_48390934_6976443_n.jpg

Cocoon
6368_850470942339_8807063_48390964_2096212_n.jpg

Sunset at Mambo
6368_850471246729_8807063_48391015_6472585_n.jpg

Mambo Crowd
6368_850471191839_8807063_48391005_1490402_n.jpg

Crappy Cell Phone pic at Bora Bora
n8807648_48339377_7234303.jpg

There are more pics inside the clubs but they werent uploaded yet, these arent my pics. I'll post more if any good ones get uploaded

Back